Beaumont Central vs. Kingwood Park

stevenash

Of all the teams that I have seen this year Kingwood Park is the most patient I have seen.  They will work you to death on defense.  They handle the press pretty well.  And they are very basketball smart!!!

I think Central will pull it out, but if I were a betting man I would take KP and the points!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1187193" timestamp="1330400754"]
Of all the teams that I have seen this year Kingwood Park is the most patient I have seen.  They will work you to death on defense.  They handle the press pretty well.  And they are very basketball smart!!!

I think Central will pull it out, but if I were a betting man I would take KP and the points!!!
[/quote]Hmmm.... I thought it was a well-documented point that Nederland, what with their lack of any real athleticism, was by far the most intelligent team around.  ;D ;D

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1187144" timestamp="1330397655"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=96684.msg1187097#msg1187097 date=1330394900]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96684.msg1187044#msg1187044 date=1330392458]
I remember the game and the team and never said I didnt.  However, I do remember some other guy saying that I did not see the same game he did because of the score differential at one point in that game.  Is that correct or did I actually say I don't remember the game?
[/quote] OK, so you remembered everything about  the game just not the score as it went along, right? Hilarious. I admire that you don't let those nagging little things others call "facts" stand in your way. BTW, it was the differential thru out 7/8ths of the game that you got wrong, not "at one point."
[/quote]Are you saying that Kingwood Park led 7/8ths of the game?!?!?
[/quote] Nope. Never said that above or at any other time. Read the old thread. I was right. Nash was wrong, then he proceeded to say it didn't matter. Just like he claimed the dispute was over the score "at one point" just above.  Read the old thread if you care to know.

It sounds to me that KP is very methodical.  Very 'Air Force' ish.  Sounds to me they take the best shot and don't squander possessions.  Actually, the complete oposite as us.  sounds like a very dangerous team.  Plus, they don't make many mistakes and  can break the press.  We'll have to limit our turnovers and value each possession and not make stupid turnovers.  Furthermore, our staff will need their butts OUT of the seat and do what their paid to do.  and more importantly, for goodness sake, please hit your darn free throws!  Geesh!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1187357" timestamp="1330435718"]
And don't Box and 1 the TEAM!  Because it is a TEAM!!! Can we go man with a mixture of 3-2? or 1-3-1?
[/quote]
You just spoke a foreign language on the site! Box and 1 is effective if done properly, but its a defense that should be done in spots..if you do it for the duration, it becomes less effective..I don't think Kingwood Park has a player worth spending that kind of energy and attention on anyway...

The funny thing is how this game is being judged by the HJ HOOPrameter!!! When Central played HJ they had a different rotation.  Correct me if I am wrong, the Freshmen and Sophmore begin the assention into starting and supporting roles.  It is funny to say youngsters have made a difference, but they have.  I do not think this is the same Central team that lost to HJ back in November.  The learning curve for young players is exponential and I bet they are waaayyyy better now!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1187557" timestamp="1330448701"]
The funny thing is how this game is being judged by the HJ HOOPrameter!!! When Central played HJ they had a different rotation.  Correct me if I am wrong, the Freshmen and Sophmore begin the assention into starting and supporting roles.  It is funny to say youngsters have made a difference, but they have.  I do not think this is the same Central team that lost to HJ back in November.  The learning curve for young players is exponential and I bet they are waaayyyy better now!
[/quote]

Just about every team that is still playing is considerably better than they were in November-December.

Keyword......FRESHMEN.....  can be really good or really bad...no middle ground. 

THis is mostly mental toughness
so whats it going to be....crack under the pressure of a big game (win you keep going or lose and season is over until november)
or play good because youngsters don't understand pressure of a big game so it doesn't get to them.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1187571" timestamp="1330449707"]
Keyword......FRESHMEN.....  can be really good or really bad...no middle ground. 

so whats it going to be....crack under the pressure of a big game (win you keep going or lose and season is over until november)
or play good because youngsters don't understand pressure of a big game so it doesn't get to them.
[/quote]

If a freshman gets to the free throw line with 6 seconds left in the game and trailing by two, I bet he will quickly understand the pressure of a big game if he did not understand it before.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1187341" timestamp="1330433336"]
It sounds to me that KP is very methodical.  Very 'Air Force' ish.  Sounds to me they take the best shot and don't squander possessions.  Actually, the complete oposite as us.  sounds like a very dangerous team.  Plus, they don't make many mistakes and  can break the press.  We'll have to limit our turnovers and value each possession and not make stupid turnovers.  Furthermore, our staff will need their butts OUT of the seat and do what their paid to do.  and more importantly, for goodness sake, please hit your darn free throws!  Geesh!
[/quote] That the key soulja will the coach get out of his seat and coach.The KWP coach will stand up and coach. Good luck Central.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187389" timestamp="1330437145"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96684.msg1187357#msg1187357 date=1330435718]
And don't Box and 1 the TEAM!  Because it is a TEAM!!! Can we go man with a mixture of 3-2? or 1-3-1?
[/quote]
You just spoke a foreign language on the site! Box and 1 is effective if done properly, but its a defense that should be done in spots..if you do it for the duration, it becomes less effective..I don't think Kingwood Park has a player worth spending that kind of energy and attention on anyway...
[/quote]
U are correct. They do NOT have one player who stands out where u would need to play a box (unless someone gets hot). That's what make them good, plus the coach has 10-11 players in his rotation. They split with Humble in district.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1187583" timestamp="1330451617"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96684.msg1187341#msg1187341 date=1330433336]
[/quote] That the key soulja will the coach get out of his seat and coach.The KWP coach will stand up and coach. Good luck Central.
[/quote]

KWP coach very active on the sidelines when I watched him

[quote name="stevenash" post="1187574" timestamp="1330450233"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=96684.msg1187571#msg1187571 date=1330449707]

[/quote]If a freshman gets to the free throw line with 6 seconds left in the game and trailing by two, I bet he will quickly understand the pressure of a big game if he did not understand it before.
[/quote]We've had a freshmen in the last game come in with less than a minute in the game vs. Brenham that knocked down key free throws when they went to Hack-a-Jag. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1187589" timestamp="1330452041"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96684.msg1187574#msg1187574 date=1330450233]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=96684.msg1187571#msg1187571 date=1330449707]

[/quote]We've had a freshmen in the last game come in with less than a minute in the game vs. Brenham that knocked down key free throws when they went to Hack-a-Jag. 

If a freshman gets to the free throw line with 6 seconds left in the game and trailing by two, I bet he will quickly understand the pressure of a big game if he did not understand it before.
[/quote]
[/quote]

That should bode well for tonite.

Why can't you gentlemen be positive about Central???  What in the hell does it matter is the coach stands or sits?  I have never heard an announcer comment about a team losing because the coach sat, stood or even jumped rope.  Central needs support, and you, the Central fans (yes, Soulja - you) should be supporting them, not ripping them down.

[quote name="Who By Fire" post="1187662" timestamp="1330456984"]
Why can't you gentlemen be positive about Central???  What in the heck does it matter is the coach stands or sits?  I have never heard an announcer comment about a team losing because the coach sat, stood or even jumped rope.  Central needs support, and you, the Central fans (yes, Soulja - you) should be supporting them, not ripping them down.
[/quote]I support them.  My Jaguar support should not be questioned.  It's just that when you have the pieces of the puzzle in place and will be for quite a few years, we expect more.  There have been  games that we have lost (almost all of our losses) because no timouts were called, no adjustments were made or wierd adjustments were made even thought what we were doing before was working.  I'm been to almost every Central game this year, so I believe I have a handle of this Jag team.  Now, we're in the 3rd round, which is the farthest that we've been since (I believe) the 2002-2003 team, and I'm happy for that.  We just need our staff to come up with some things to win these games and not almost give it away as we did in  both the game against C.E. King and Brenham. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1187668" timestamp="1330457533"]
[quote author=Who By Fire link=topic=96684.msg1187662#msg1187662 date=1330456984]
Why can't you gentlemen be positive about Central???  What in the heck does it matter is the coach stands or sits?  I have never heard an announcer comment about a team losing because the coach sat, stood or even jumped rope.  Central needs support, and you, the Central fans (yes, Soulja - you) should be supporting them, not ripping them down.
[/quote]I support them.  My Jaguar support should not be questioned.  It's just that when you have the pieces of the puzzle in place and will be for quite a few years, we expect more.  There have been  games that we have lost (almost all of our losses) because no timouts were called, no adjustments were made or wierd adjustments were made even thought what we were doing before was working.  I'm been to almost every Central game this year, so I believe I have a handle of this Jag team.  Now, we're in the 3rd round, which is the farthest that we've been since (I believe) the 2002-2003 team, and [b]I'm happy for that[/b].  We just need our staff to come up with some things to win these games and not almost give it away as we did in  both the game against C.E. King and Brenham.
[/quote]
Be careful! Some will laugh at you for enjoying this level of success.  ;) ::)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1187681" timestamp="1330458627"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96684.msg1187668#msg1187668 date=1330457533]
[quote author=Who By Fire link=topic=96684.msg1187662#msg1187662 date=1330456984]
[/quote]I support them.  My Jaguar support should not be questioned.  It's just that when you have the pieces of the puzzle in place and will be for quite a few years, we expect more.  There have been  games that we have lost (almost all of our losses) because no timouts were called, no adjustments were made or wierd adjustments were made even thought what we were doing before was working.  I'm been to almost every Central game this year, so I believe I have a handle of this Jag team.  Now, we're in the 3rd round, which is the farthest that we've been since (I believe) the 2002-2003 team, and [b]I'm happy for that[/b].  We just need our staff to come up with some things to win these games and not almost give it away as we did in  both the game against C.E. King and Brenham.
[/quote]
Be careful! Some will laugh at you for enjoying this level of success.  ;) ::)
[/quote]

And well they should because y'all don't really know anything when it comes to the basketball world.  And, by the way, this level is NOT success.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder