20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Silsbee
    • Coldprings

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldspring will be ready due to the hype, but this could go either way. It all depends on Coldspring's guards. They have too many second half turn-overs and still unable to shoot the outside shot with confidence. Stafford was closer than it should of been, coach almost waited too long to sub some of the guards, Coldspring three big men kept them in the game with rebounds and defense. Coldspring by 6 points, if the referee's allows them to play.

[quote name="captredass" post="1185546" timestamp="1330184917"]
Coldspring will be ready due to the hype, but this could go either way. It all depends on Coldspring's guards. They have too many second half turn-overs and still unable to shoot the outside shot with confidence. Stafford was closer than it should of been, coach almost waited too long to sub some of the guards, Coldspring three big men kept them in the game with rebounds and defense. Coldspring by 6 points, if the referee's allows them to play.
[/quote]

I havent seen Coldspring play but am thinking that the more the refs "let em play" the more that favors Silsbee (unless Coldspring is more physical than Silsbee)

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185560" timestamp="1330186543"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96650.msg1185546#msg1185546 date=1330184917]
[/quote]

I havent seen Coldspring play but am thinking that the more the refs "let em play" the more that favors Silsbee (unless Coldspring is more physical than Silsbee)
[/quote]

Agreed Nash , If I were coldsprings I would hope for a tightly called game...

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1185815" timestamp="1330205930"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96650.msg1185560#msg1185560 date=1330186543]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96650.msg1185546#msg1185546 date=1330184917]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Nash , If I were coldsprings I would hope for a tightly called game...
[/quote]Agreed, whole-heartedly.

IMO, this is the only way ColdSpring can keep up with Silsbee and their speed.

I think if Coldspring uses the opposite game plan Brookshire used they may have an ever so slight chance of victory. The old breaking the press with the dribble and jacking up three's want get ur done, especially, when the shooting % is in the dirt. What good is height when it is not utilized.  The bombs were being fired up before Brookshire's big men could get back down to have a chance to rebound. I never saw a single pass thrown to the block.  If it did happen I must have been standing in the ever so short concession stand line. Oh yea, if Coldspring presses they may want to make sure once their front court gets beat they need to hump it back to help with penetration. If not the lone defender will find himself guarding the basket alone and vulnerable. Don't know a thing about Coldspring but they better grab their jocks and pull up their socks because they will be frenzied the entire game.  The Tigers remind me of the late 80's early 90's Lincoln Bumblebees.  I assure all of you young guys the Beehive was a very intimidating place.

Coldspring's center and big forward gets +/- 10 blocks per game. If it is a tight called game the coach pulls the center way to ealy. If the Coach pulls one of them due to a tight called game, then Coldspring has trouble pulling the win out. Splendora stayed within 15 points the first time due to a tight called game but lost by 30 when we was allowed to play the next time. If they let them play we win due to steals and physical defense. I know Silsbee had trouble with Splendora's physical play for rebounds and their shots getting blocked. We are more physical than them. Coldspring +6 and a long ride home for Silsbee.

[quote name="captredass" post="1186000" timestamp="1330228904"]
Coldspring's center and big forward gets +/- 10 blocks per game. If it is a tight called game the coach pulls the center way to ealy. If the Coach pulls one of them due to a tight called game, then Coldspring has trouble pulling the win out. Splendora stayed within 15 points the first time due to a tight called game but lost by 30 when we was allowed to play the next time. If they let them play we win due to steals and physical defense. I know Silsbee had trouble with Splendora's physical play for rebounds and their shots getting blocked. We are more physical than them. Coldspring +6 and a long ride home for Silsbee.
[/quote] nah Prolly not

[/quote]

Did they have any common opponents during the season?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186040" timestamp="1330261605"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=96650.msg1186000#msg1186000 date=1330228904]
[/quote]

Did they have any common opponents during the season?
[/quote]

Coldspring and Silsbee have three common opponents. Kountze, Woodville and Splendora. Here are the scores of those games:

Silsbee              opponent                Coldspring

92-54 W              Kountze                77-81 L

99-34 W              Woodville              89-42 W

71-56 W              Splendora              56-41 W
                                                      61-31 W

[/quote]
Are u Serious !!!!! Lol, Splendora played there best game of the year and with bad sportsmanship and terrible calling by the Refs, Silsbee still manage to win almost by 20... You just be there and watch the show, Silsbee by 15+

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1186155" timestamp="1330276359"]
Stevenash, I prefer you to not comment on any of my post, I've seen Splendora play many of times this year and I stay in that area so mind your own business and stay on HJ bandwagon cause you don't know nothing about basketball !!!!
[/quote] ;D ;D  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D :D ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1186114" timestamp="1330272420"]
SteveNash maybe he has seen them play before? I'm sure you have seen more than just HJ play right?
[/quote]

Yes I have seen some other teams play but I havent seen any other team play enough to be able to tell you if they played their best game of the season.  I would have to have seen most if not all of them to be able to give a credible opinion.

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1186155" timestamp="1330276359"]
Stevenash, I prefer you to not comment on any of my post, I've seen Splendora play many of times this year and I stay in that area so mind your own business and stay on HJ bandwagon cause you don't know nothing about basketball !!!!
[/quote]You're saying He knows nothing about Basketball,  or Nothing about Splendora Basketball??

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1186166" timestamp="1330277393"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=96650.msg1186155#msg1186155 date=1330276359]
[/quote]You're saying He knows nothing about Basketball,  or Nothing about Splendora Basketball??
[/quote]

Both are correct.  Sometimes it is an advantage to know what you dont know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83