Nederland vs. Magnolia Game Thread/Nederland advances 61-52!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185749" timestamp="1330200818"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=96634.msg1185735#msg1185735 date=1330200369]
Dickie V.. Here is why Nederland fans dont like you.. You have called our team out for not being that good and talking down on 20-4A.. You can speculate all you want, but as of right now, Nederland is still playing after two playoff wins and 3 teams for 20-4A are still in the play-offs.. Those are facts.. You dont like it, sorry for you feeling that way..

We are fully aware of the talent out there and that awaits in region 3.. Yates is one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification.. We are focused on taking it one game at a time, and so far Nederland, Central, and Ozen have done just that.. Go sip the hatorade somewhere else
[/quote]

Dogs 1218, here is why I dont care: The fact is Nederland is NOT that good..They have beaten two teams in Dayton and Magnolia that are worse than they are..FOUR TEAMS make the playoffs these days, so yeah they are bound to run into a team or two with less talent....Ozen and Central are more talented teams, and have beaten better teams than that thus far in the playoffs..Props to them and Nederland...I am not hating, I am just stating what should be the obvious...Good Luck against Ozen Tuesday...I pick Ozen...for obvious reasons...hate it or love it...I don't care.
[/quote]

And what about the enhanced betting offer?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have yet to address the whole "20-4A is the worst district in the state" comment. If they were you would think they would've all lost or atleast most of them lost of out the playoffs. That's common sense. And yet you have not said a word about that so i am calling you out dickie. Are you man enough to back the statements you have been making this whole year? or are you gonna ignore me like you have the other people who have asked this question?

The fact that the 3 teams in 20-4A remain does not indicate "dominance" of any sort..The team with the toughest bracket is Central...Nederland and Ozen have beaten their first two opponents, but taking 4 playoff teams, sometimes you will run into a team or two that you are just better than, even if you aren't that good...it happens..FOURTH PLACE TEAMS make the playoffs...Now lets break this down..."Top" 20-4A seed struggles with the 4th place team (Dayton) in 19-4A...Then they beat a 3rd place Magnolia team...kudos to them...the other Co-champ, Central, beat CE King and Brenham...Not bad..They have some talent, and I am not really surprised by them beating them..not much...Ozen beat North Forest, then Humble...Not real shocking either, because quite frankly they were all pretty much evenly matched...Ozen, in my estimation, is the hottest team of the three...they advance, way to go...The BEST team in the region (Yates) has the TOUGHEST route BY FAR, yet they are STILL blowing them out...I DOUBT, that Nederland would have come within 20 of Wheatley or Manvel.....20...Thats who Yates got in the first two rounds...and beat them by 38 and 39, respectively...Now my point is, the BRACKET has plenty to do with why 3 teams from 20-4A remain...PLENTY. 

[quote name="Baller 93" post="1185542" timestamp="1330184417"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1185404#msg1185404 date=1330145720]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1185401#msg1185401 date=1330145433]
NB-Dawg...they beat Dayton and Magnolia....Yates played WHEATLEY AND MANVEL....BOTH state ranked....bad...come on, I know you understand what I am saying here....if not....play them....you will then, I guarantee.... ;)
[/quote]
That is not the topic of discussion. You are trying to change the subject. This is NOT about any individual team. This is about 20-4a NOT being the worst 4A district in the state as you boldly claimed.
Everyone knows you said it, now you are attempting to deter the conversation. Not gonna happen. I'm going to celebrate, good night!  ;)
Hey, I'm not mad at u, DV, and I don't disagree about Yates being all that, bc I know they are... I have no problem admitting that.
[/quote]

Great Point NB-Dawg!!  Go Look at Yates District from top to bottom and tell me if that distict is any good?! HISD teams arent as good anymore cause all there good basketball players move to Yates. No balance in Talent, Just Yates!!!!     
Playoff Teams Remaining Counter:  20-4A:[b] 3[/b]    21-4A:[b] 1[/b]
[/quote]Yates district is weak. Inner city Houston districts are weak. All the talent is not at Yates. The majority of Houston talent is in the suburbs and a few private schools, not Yates. Yates has a system that works and a many players like it.

The weakest district in the state should have no teams still playing. To repel the egg from one's face, it's good to start drawing lines. Since we are still playing, we have played no one....typical crawfishing.

Side note: the real DV, not the imposter, commentated for the #2 Syracuse vs. unranked UConn game last night which Syracuse barely won. The real DV said Syracuse finds ways to win because the real DV knows basketball and how games go.

[quote name="baddog" post="1186105" timestamp="1330271697"]
The weakest district in the state should have no teams still playing. To repel the egg from one's face, it's good to start drawing lines. Since we are still playing, we have played no one....typical crawfishing.

Side note: the real DV, not the imposter, commentated for the #2 Syracuse vs. unranked UConn game last night which Syracuse barely won. The real DV said Syracuse finds ways to win because the real DV knows basketball and how games go.
[/quote]
Who have you played? DAYTON? MAGNOLIA? Congrats you beat two doormats in basketball! FOUR TEAMS make the playoffs!! Could you switch places with 21-4A's top seed and win both? NO...resounding NO! BTW..UCONN won a national title LAST SEASON...While they are struggling, the cupboard is not bare in Storrs... ::) ::)....You cannot compare DAYTON (who has never won anything) or Magnolia (who?) to the defending NCAA champs...Are you kidding me?..novice basketball fans amuse me... ::)

HA! you treat these people on here like they are clueless!! Here is the problem: Your Ego.

Nederland is winning. Ozen is winning. Central is winnning. They all won their first 2 games. They EARNED those spots on the bracket where they played. You need to come to your senses and understand that NO team in this general area compares to Yates, so stop comparing SETX.com teams to them. We know this. Duh. And NO ONE has made a claim we could beat them..

Nederland is good, not elite.. This area has good basketball compared to others,and its being proven in the playoffs.. 

I don't understand why there has to be comparisons of Yates to Nederland. Yates is better than many, many, many teams, not just Nederland. This does not mean that Nederland is not a good team.

I don't see the point in comparing Nederland or any other team in SETX to Yates. Yates is better than 90-95% of all the teams in the state of Texas. It's pointless to make those comparisons and it doesn't take away from what Nederland has and still may accomplish.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1186124" timestamp="1330273046"]
I don't understand why there has to be comparisons of Yates to Nederland. Yates is better than many, many, many teams, not just Nederland. This does not mean that Nederland is not a good team.

I don't see the point in comparing Nederland or any other team in SETX to Yates. Yates is better than 90-95% of all the teams in the state of Texas. It's pointless to make those comparisons and it doesn't take away from what Nederland has and still may accomplish.
[/quote]

Kudos AAW....Now, wait, wait.....get ready....here comes yet ANOTHER response from DV

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1186124" timestamp="1330273046"]

[/quote]

Because doing so was the means to discredit and/or minimize notable accomplishments of a team and coach that has engineered a major turnaround of an heretofore mediocre basketball program. That effort came about because there are some people who believe that being the best in a certain district is a birthright and cannot be attained by others( a few might view it as professional envy)  I agree with you.  There was no need for it in the first place.  The fact that they are still playing says all one needs to know about them being a good team.

Not comparison to Yates, because there is none, really...You are correct, AAW...Just trying to get the Nederland faithful to see what a championship caliber team truly looks like...I don't know if they really understand that while what they have done is admirable, they have not even scratched the surface yet...So if someone says, "I think Nederland will get beat", it shouldn't be so offensive to them...Its just what it is.

I have yet to see any post from a Ned fan suggesting they are "world beaters". They are quite proud of their team and it's accomplishments but I think they are smart enough to know there are better teams out there that have accomplished more.

I think they have a full understanding but you seem to be bent on proving they don't.

My point is, what other teams have accomplished is totally irrelevant to what Nederland has accomplished.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186146" timestamp="1330275407"]
Other teams have gone two playoff rounds...no celebration from them... ::)...I understand what you are saying, but the Ned fans are relentless! 8)
[/quote]

Dicky- In reference to the above, if, in your next coaching job your team goes through two playoff rounds, can we be extremely confident you (or yours) will be totally silent about it?  As for relentless, that is just another quality of those who are determined to succeed and, as Tiger Woods proved, success is[b] not[/b] the exclusive property or birthright of [b]any[/b] person or entity..

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186146" timestamp="1330275407"]
Other teams have gone two playoff rounds...no celebration from them... ::)...I understand what you are saying, but the Ned fans are relentless! 8)
[/quote]
Did we have a parade that I missed? I don't recall any celebrations taking place, just a town enjoying success. U find it ironic that NOBODY has come to your defense on here regarding Ur opinion, yet people from Silsbee, HJ, HF, OF, Vidor, and PA are calling you out, but all u do is back pedal and attorney to belittle again and again and again. Be a man and admit you were wrong!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1186145" timestamp="1330275208"]
I have yet to see any post from a Ned fan suggesting they are "world beaters". They are quite proud of their team and it's accomplishments but I think they are smart enough to know there are better teams out there that have accomplished more.

I think they have a full understanding but you seem to be bent on proving they don't.

My point is, what other teams have accomplished is totally irrelevant to what Nederland has accomplished.
[/quote]
THANK YOU! +1 maybe he will listen to someone he knows and respects.

IF Nederland wins its next game, I want you to instruct Coach English to voice the following disclaimer if anyone from the media interviews him: " We have no cause to celebrate because we really haven't accomplished anything by being atop the district for two consecutive years and winning two or three playoff games.  After all, we don't "belong" in this position and it was only fortuitous circumstances that allowed us to get here"

[quote name="stevenash" post="1186226" timestamp="1330286053"]
IF Nederland wins its next game, I want you to instruct Coach English to voice the following disclaimer if anyone from the media interviews him: " We have no cause to celebrate because we really haven't accomplished anything by being atop the district for two consecutive years and winning two or three playoff games.  After all, we don't "belong" in this position and it was only fortuitous circumstances that allowed us to get here"
[/quote]
No...But they won't anyway, so it matters not... 8)

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1186210#msg1186210 date=1330284308]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96634.msg1186145#msg1186145 date=1330275208]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I respect everyone... ::)..

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1186208#msg1186208 date=1330284156]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1186146#msg1186146 date=1330275407]
[/quote]
Did we have a parade that I missed? I don't recall any celebrations taking place, just a town enjoying success. U find it ironic that NOBODY has come to your defense on here regarding Ur opinion, yet people from Silsbee, HJ, HF, OF, Vidor, and PA are calling you out, but all u do is back pedal and attorney to belittle again and again and again. Be a man and admit you were wrong!
[/quote]

Wrong about what? Has the boys state tournament been played early this year?  ::) ::) Did I miss it?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186230" timestamp="1330286369"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96634.msg1186226#msg1186226 date=1330286053]
[/quote]
No...But they won't anyway, so it matters not... 8)

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1186210#msg1186210 date=1330284308]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96634.msg1186145#msg1186145 date=1330275208]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I respect everyone... ::)..

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96634.msg1186208#msg1186208 date=1330284156]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96634.msg1186146#msg1186146 date=1330275407]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Wrong about what? Has the boys state tournament been played early this year?  ::) ::) Did I miss it?
[/quote]
Wrong about being the weakest 4A district in the state. Every time it's brought up, u talk about how the district needs to play someone first or wait until they play Yates. If 20-4A was indeed the weakest in the state then all 20-4A teams would b home right now like a few other districts who are done for the season. Name ONE other district today in 4A who still has 3 teams remaining? Not talking about who will win state or how badly Nederland would get beat by Yates.
U claimed 20-4A was the weakest district and u were wrong! Be a man and admit Ur assessment was incorrect.
BTW-Magnolia was NOT the doormat in their district-get Ur facts straight. They tied for the district championship with Brenham, and Brenham win the play-in game for the #1 seed.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1186110" timestamp="1330272082"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=96634.msg1186105#msg1186105 date=1330271697]

[/quote]
Who have you played? DAYTON? MAGNOLIA? Congrats you beat two doormats in basketball! FOUR TEAMS make the playoffs!! Could you switch places with 21-4A's top seed and win both? NO...resounding NO! BTW..UCONN won a national title LAST SEASON...While they are struggling, the cupboard is not bare in Storrs... ::) ::)....You cannot compare DAYTON (who has never won anything) or Magnolia (who?) to the defending NCAA champs...Are you kidding me?..novice basketball fans amuse me... ::)
[/quote]

I think the comparison has merit. What a team did last year is a moot point. The fact that they are struggling and played the #2 ranked team and barely lost is exactly the same. You can spin it now.

Remember, the team that beat those doormats also beat Ozen and Central, so the teams you say that Central beat were better and you applaud, Ned could have had a shot at defeating also......duh, novice coaches really bore me, especially those with a rectal/cranial inversion.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1186304" timestamp="1330300090"]
So you blame the success of Nederland on the UIL bracket? So the fact Nederland is beating the people on their schedule and advancing means you have to down-grade a team instead of congratulate them on the achievements? Interesting Concept
[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing.

Im just spit-ballin here, but maybe everybody here might just want to ignore ol dickie v....he is, after all, a legend in his own mind and we are but ignorant little people compaired to his highness.  Just keep rooting for your team and ignore him.  Anything you or I say cant be right, unless we tow the line with DV.  Me, Im proud of what our local teams have accomplished in the playoffs.  Yes, I realize that Yates or some other power-house team will wind up with the state crown, but that shouldnt deter our praises for the local teams who compete in the playoffs. 

Argueing with folks like DV is like wrestling with a pig in the mud...at some point, you realize the pig likes it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124