West Brook coach finalists await word on job

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1184382" timestamp="1330090204"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=96537.msg1184377#msg1184377 date=1330089067]
It is my understanding that Flanigan refused to start some influential citizens' children, including a board member's child, at Crosby.  The board member then basically poisoned the water.  When the community members found out BISD wanted to possibly hire Flanigan they called a BISD board member and here we go.  Stupid.
[/quote]OK.  I see.  So basically, the Crosby board contacted BISD simply to blackball Mr. Flanigan, correct?  And this caused all kinds of havock in last night's selection?
[/quote]

Correct.

Here is some more on the story:

http://setxhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=175082

That is my basic understanding, but the particulars may be different.  I am not sure if they called our board or one of our board members called them.  In any case it was a "small town politics" thing.  Luckily for the kids and community Dr. Thomas pushed, pulled, cajoled and got him in. 

So let me get this straight.  It wasn't enough that the Crosby ISD Board interfered with his schedule (Vidorgate) and then forced him to resign after returning Crosby to the playoffs.  So they had to slander him in an attempt to prevent him from gaining further employment.

Coach Riordan, you getting all of this?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1184467" timestamp="1330098258"]
So let me get this straight.  It wasn't enough that the Crosby ISD Board interfered with his schedule (Vidorgate) and then forced him to resign after returning Crosby to the playoffs.  So they had to slander him in an attempt to prevent him from gaining further employment.

Coach Riordan, you getting all of this?
[/quote]This is what I'm gathering, old friend!

Great hire for West Brook. This board member if he did call needs to keep his mouth shut. I hope & pray they don't do the same thing to Coach Riordan in a few years because some board members kid doesn't play. If it is the board member I'm thinking about his kid played JV this year & started. My 2 kids have been in Flanigans system since the 7th grade & it has been great. I have one graduating this year & playing in the SETX Allstar game THANKS to Coach Flanigan. AGAIN GREAT HIRE BY WB.

Congratulations to BISD board for working this out and also to the new head coach at WB.
On another note, in the business world it is very dangerous to represent a former employer in an attempt to block a former employee from getting a new position.  This is why we hear the term human resources and risk management.  If a board member of Crosby ISD tried to negatively influence BISD without any ground to stand on, if they were successful, this could be an attorneys dream come true. 
Always best to say something good or keep ones mouth shut.  Fortunately, this was not the case. 
Sounds like Crosby let a good one get away.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1184761" timestamp="1330116524"]
Congratulations to BISD board for working this out and also to the new head coach at WB.
On another note, in the business world it is very dangerous to represent a former employer in an attempt to block a former employee from getting a new position.  This is why we hear the term human resources and risk management.  If a board member of Crosby ISD tried to negatively influence BISD without any ground to stand on, if they were successful, this could be an attorneys dream come true. 
Always best to say something good or keep ones mouth shut.  Fortunately, this was not the case. 
Sounds like Crosby let a good one get away.
[/quote]Chuuch!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami