CE King/Hires Don Price as new head coach

bld1024

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1183966" timestamp="1330030480"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=96067.msg1183958#msg1183958 date=1330030141]
he might turn that team around bhfan, i would hold off on your remarks until the game is over,,that one would be pretty embarassing to lose 8)
[/quote]

Unlike the masses I have seen Coach Price coach for several years. He could prove me dead wrong, but he was supposed to be the one to turn HF around and didn't do any better then the previous staff. He will have more athletes to work with at CEK I'm just not sold that he was as good as a coach as some say.
[/quote]

I will have to respectfully disagree with you that Coach Price didn't do any better than the previous coach. Last year was only his second and maybe the win
loss wasn't much better, I am here to tell you the team he had last year was much much improved over the previous years. Another year of off season and HF would be playing for something at the end of the year. May still be.

Well, I am not going to run down Coach Gage as he is a good guy and a great coach.  But anyone who claims that Coach Price doesn't have the qualifications to take over at C.E. King is either silly or drunk.

The Panthers got them a good coach to compete in what will be a bit tougher 19-4A.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1184465" timestamp="1330098207"]
Price is a good coach. He had a good run at bh. He coached bh to their only undefeated regular season in 4a. He was ran out of bh because of his lack of playoff wins since going 4a a tradition gage has carried on. Also when price was the ad I dont remember a bh basketball team not making the playoffs.
[/quote]

Say what you want as you don't have a clue about BH! Price was run out of BH for much more than just his record. The man’s personality needs a lot of work and the way we he coached his team on the field was ridiculous at times! I told all of the Price supporters that BH made Price, Price didn't make BH! His 3-17 record at HF backs that up 8) Heck HF beat Price in the playoffs while he was at BH!

Now back to my Silly Liqueur :o

I thought once dove washed his hands of the HF program he would move on to more sophisticated schools, worthy of his children, not poor pitiful HF??  And to answer your question about having a poor record, coach Price could say overbearing parents that undermine the coaches and programs keep the kids too distracted from what should be their goals of school pride and success not self grandiose.  What you think dove would that work with the hiring committee?? 

[quote name="Dove Hunter" post="1184505" timestamp="1330100080"]
I thought once dove washed his hands of the HF program he would move on to more sophisticated schools, worthy of his children, not poor pitiful HF??  And to answer your question about having a poor record, coach Price could say overbearing parents that undermine the coaches and programs keep the kids too distracted from what should be their goals of school pride and success not self grandiose.  What you think dove would that work with the hiring committee??
[/quote] Thanks Dove Hunter, you are one of few who has answered my question as to how he would have addressed the hiring committee, with his 3-17 record.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1184514" timestamp="1330101061"]
Gage will get run out of there the same way if he doesnt start winning playoff games. Also price knew talent I think 5 of bh starters had been on varsity since they were freshman. Now all of prices boys are gone cant wait to see what happens this year.
[/quote]

Another Dayton Loss is whats going to happen ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1184489" timestamp="1330099251"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=96067.msg1184465#msg1184465 date=1330098207]
Price is a good coach. He had a good run at bh. He coached bh to their only undefeated regular season in 4a. He was ran out of bh because of his lack of playoff wins since going 4a a tradition gage has carried on. Also when price was the ad I dont remember a bh basketball team not making the playoffs.
[/quote]

Say what you want as you don't have a clue about BH! Price was run out of BH for much more than just his record. [b]The man’s personality needs a lot of work [/b]and [b]the way we he coached his team on the field was ridiculous at times![/b] I told all of the Price supporters that BH made Price, Price didn't make BH! His 3-17 record at HF backs that up 8) Heck HF beat Price in the playoffs while he was at BH!

Now back to my Silly Liqueur :o
[/quote]Maybe it's the BH fans personalities that need some work. And to comment on your other comment in bold text. Kinda like Gage having an almost 5 minute tantrum on the field at Bronco stadium?

Congrats to Coach Price on his new gig!  He will do well with the athletes at CEK.

Now, having said that, let me try to explain Coach Prices departure from BH.  This is from the perspective of a parent who's son played football, baseball, basketball and track for Coach Price and staff from 7th - 10th grades and for Coach Gage and staff in 11th and 12th grades.

By the end of his last football season at BH, Coach Price had lost his players.  Not because they weren't winning, but because he had become distant from them.  There was no interaction between Head Coach and his kids, or the community, and it was painfully evident to everyone in the BH program.  He expected winners but didn't inspire kids to win.

On the other side of the coin, Coach Gage and his staff brought renewed energy to the program.  They engaged the players and the community.  Coach Gage told me prior to the start of the season two years ago that he couldn't promise that we would win a single game, but he promised that he would LOVE each and every kid on the team as if they were his own.  That's what a parent wants to hear!  The kids drank the koolaid too and have been inspired to do great things.

Go Eagles!

Thats a nice story. Let gage keep losing playoff games are worse yet not make the playoffs and we will see how everybody feels about him. Im sure there are alot of coaches that care about their kids but if they dont win its time to say goodbye. Bh had a huge senoir talent base this last year left over from price. Like I said earlier price had some of these kids that just graduated playing varsity as freshman so he definitly knew talent. This will be a rebuilding year for bh like it or not and we will see how the bhfans react to having a coach that loves his kids but isnt winning.

[quote name="BHSPORTSFAN" post="1185892" timestamp="1330213390"]
... There was no interaction between Head Coach and his kids, or [b]the community[/b], and it was painfully evident to everyone in the BH program.  He expected winners but didn't inspire kids to win.[/quote]

If by "the community" you mean BH parents, I understand distancing himself. The suggestions and advice came in abundance, I'm sure. If Gage has any sense he'll disengage from "the community" as well.

I am sure Price left for more money, but I will say from a local perspective, the HF Football program was improving under Price. Folks from BH want to point out the record (and it wasn't pretty), but the fact is HF 2011 was not an easy out for local 3A district! Ask WOS Fans and they will tell you in a heart beat that HF improoved tremendously. HF went from an 0-10 team that was getting beaten 60-0 routinely to a 2-8 team that was a few plays away from being a winner (and mostly with the same kids). Also HF has a group of Freshman next year that Price could have hung his hat on and won lots of games over the next 4 years.

I think these Bronco fans loved Price so much because they could beat him :) Now that Gage has put yall on notice you want to hate LOL :) If you think Price is such a great coach hire him! BH Sportsman nailed it on the head with what he wrote! Coach Gage has embraced our community from the little leagues through high school! I never witness Coach Price doing anything with our youths and Gage is talking to our youth athletes on a regular basis! Hate all you want Bronco's Gage will be administering a butt whoopen for those ponies for years to come 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1186740" timestamp="1330364175"]
I think these Bronco fans loved Price so much because they could beat him :) Now that Gage has put yall on notice you want to hate LOL :) If you think Price is such a great coach hire him! BH Sportsman nailed it on the head with what he wrote! Coach Gage has embraced our community from the little leagues through high school! I never witness Coach Price doing anything with our youths and Gage is talking to our youth athletes on a regular basis! Hate all you want Bronco's [b]Gage will be administering a butt whoopen for those ponies for years to come [/b]8)
[/quote]So you think because BH had a boat load of talent this past season, and managed a win over Dayton. But couldn't even make it past the 1st round of playoffs again, that Gaga I mean Gage is gonna put a "butt whoopin" on Dayton for years to come?

[quote name="octfeb" post="1186767" timestamp="1330365915"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=96067.msg1186740#msg1186740 date=1330364175]
I think these Bronco fans loved Price so much because they could beat him :) Now that Gage has put yall on notice you want to hate LOL :) If you think Price is such a great coach hire him! BH Sportsman nailed it on the head with what he wrote! Coach Gage has embraced our community from the little leagues through high school! I never witness Coach Price doing anything with our youths and Gage is talking to our youth athletes on a regular basis! Hate all you want Bronco's [b]Gage will be administering a butt whoopen for those ponies for years to come [/b]8)
[/quote]So you think because BH had a boat load of talent this past season, and managed a win over Dayton. But couldn't even make it past the 1st round of playoffs again, that Gaga I mean Gage is gonna put a "butt whoopin" on Dayton for years to come?
[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding! Give the lucky lady a prize ;D Oh and I throw in the fact that BH beat Dayton 5 out of 8 football games this year from 7th to Varisity  ;D May the butt whoopins continue ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1186891" timestamp="1330374589"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=96067.msg1186767#msg1186767 date=1330365915]
[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding! Give the lucky lady a prize ;D Oh and I throw in the fact that BH beat Dayton 5 out of 8 football games this year from 7th to Varisity  ;D May the butt whoopins continue ;)
[/quote]If you really know anything about competitive sports, you cannot and should not  equate middle school success with high school success. Totally different ballgame.  Too many variables to deal with. Kids get better and others don't.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1186891" timestamp="1330374589"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=96067.msg1186767#msg1186767 date=1330365915]
[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding! Give the lucky lady a prize ;D Oh and I throw in the[b] fact that BH beat Dayton 5 out of 8 football games[/b] this year from 7th to Varisity  ;D May the butt whoopins continue ;)
[/quote]All those games, are nothing but a good ego booster for the kids when they win at that level (and they should be).. But Varsity is where it counts... But Ima let ya slide cause we know that the oxygen level is low on top the ant mound. And you get delusional at times. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476