CE King/Hires Don Price as new head coach

bld1024

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Panther087" post="1187508" timestamp="1330445247"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=96067.msg1187353#msg1187353 date=1330435493]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=96067.msg1186942#msg1186942 date=1330380138]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=96067.msg1186916#msg1186916 date=1330378095]
Oh and bhfan were do you keep getting this 5 out of 8 win thing
[/quote]Look where he went to school,2+2= 5  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Ok I'll go slow for you try to keep up

7th A =1
7th B = 1
8th B =1
JV = 1
Varsity =1

Add them all together (You only need one hand for this) = 5 ;D
[/quote]
Keep on counting those 7th & 8th grade b team wins.  LOL.
[/quote]

This is really and inside joke! I'm fully aware that MS games donot equate to Varsity, but for Years the Daytonites have used their underclassman games as a measuring stick for how they are going to win state in 10 years LOL.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1187509" timestamp="1330445302"]
I will help you again. Dayton was ahead 24-7 and then bh qb mathew viverette got hot and almost beat us at home. By the way that 2009 dayton team was head and shoulders better than the bronx of 2011 which to me says alot about price. Also had stewart coaching against him which didnt help.
[/quote]

Thanks, I just went and looked and we were up 7-3 at the half when Dayton went on a 21 point run in the 3rd then we came back. Your right about Daytons 2009 team, but the game they played against BH they had a new QB and some injuries. BH went 5-6 that year and 4-3 in district barely making the playoffs.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1187555" timestamp="1330448456"]
Now that we have a little common ground bhfan and even though I have never been to a girls basketball game I will be cheering the lady eagles on thursday.
[/quote]

Glad to hear! They are a great bunch hope they win it all

[quote name="BHSPORTSFAN" post="1185892" timestamp="1330213390"]
Congrats to Coach Price on his new gig!  He will do well with the athletes at CEK.

Now, having said that, let me try to explain Coach Prices departure from BH.  This is from the perspective of a parent who's son played football, baseball, basketball and track for Coach Price and staff from 7th - 10th grades and for Coach Gage and staff in 11th and 12th grades.

By the end of his last football season at BH, Coach Price had lost his players.  Not because they weren't winning, but because he had become distant from them.  There was no interaction between Head Coach and his kids, or the community, and it was painfully evident to everyone in the BH program.  He expected winners but didn't inspire kids to win.

On the other side of the coin, Coach Gage and his staff brought renewed energy to the program.  They engaged the players and the community.  Coach Gage told me prior to the start of the season two years ago that he couldn't promise that we would win a single game, but he promised that he would LOVE each and every kid on the team as if they were his own.  That's what a parent wants to hear!  The kids drank the koolaid too and have been inspired to do great things.

Go Eagles!
[/quote]

Thank God someone "in the know' and with reason.
I could list a 1000 reasons why it was time for Price to leave BH....maybe 600 why it wasn't.
And mine only played baseball. 

Wrong its always about wins and losses. If bh goes a couple more years without a playoff win or doesnt make the playoffs bh will run gage out just like they did price. Read some of the comments bh people were making about gage his first year then all was forgot when he had a good regular season in 2011.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1193842" timestamp="1331159427"]
[b]Wrong its always about wins and losses[/b]. If bh goes a couple more years without a playoff win or doesnt make the playoffs bh will run gage out just like they did price. Read some of the comments bh people were making about gage his first year then all was forgot when he had a good regular season in 2011.
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree.
If it were all about wins and losses, Don Price would still be at BH.
I'm not knocking the guy, he had a good run at BH. It was time to move on for several reasons... that I will not get into on here.
I think CE King made a good decision in hiring him and I wish him the best.
I'm also not calling you or anyone else out, but it gets old hearing "advice" about it from people on the outside.
Just my two cents.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1193850" timestamp="1331160887"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=96067.msg1193842#msg1193842 date=1331159427]
[b]Wrong its always about wins and losses[/b]. If bh goes a couple more years without a playoff win or doesnt make the playoffs bh will run gage out just like they did price. Read some of the comments bh people were making about gage his first year then all was forgot when he had a good regular season in 2011.
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree.
I'm not knocking the guy, he had a good run at BH. It was time to move on for several reasons... that I will not get into on here.
I'm also not calling you or anyone else out, but it gets old hearing "advice" about it from people on the outside.
Just my two cents.
[/quote]If it wasn't bout wins and loses Flanigan would still be at Crosby.... IMO if Gage can't deliver some playoff wins, he will be gone like Price and Flanigan from Crosby (((Although Flanigan DID have some playoff wins, and STILL got run off.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1193871" timestamp="1331163314"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=96067.msg1193850#msg1193850 date=1331160887]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=96067.msg1193842#msg1193842 date=1331159427]
[/quote]

Respectfully disagree.
Just my two cents.
[/quote]If it wasn't bout wins and loses Flanigan would still be at Crosby.... IMO if Gage can't deliver some playoff wins, he will be gone like Price and Flanigan from Crosby [b](((Although Flanigan DID have some playoff wins, and STILL got run off.[/b][/quote]

So maybe it is more than just wins and losses....you lost me.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed