Any updates from Vidor's season thus far?

utfan1982

Has anyone heard of or seen any of the Vidor scrimmages/ practices thus far? If so, how is the team as a whole and individual players performing early on? I know they lost most starters and several key players from last year's team, so who should we expect to step up and will it be enough for a 6th straight playoff appearance? I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of info on the team so far... Where is everyone?

THANKS!

You can't base anything on scrimmages but from what I was told, they did not look very good against Orangefield last Saturday. But again, your top 3 pitchers may only throw an inning or 2 at the most, so it's hard to base it on that.....Only time will tell with this group, they are inexperienced in some positions, but those kids will pull it together and get it right before the district.

they did not look good against orangefield but it was freaking cold and the wind was blowing 25-35 mph the whole scrimmage. they just looked rusty. they will definitely play better than what they showed. the wind was a factor for both teams. one orangefield centerfielder took a deep fly ball off the noggin. i'll give it to him though....he stayed in the game...tough kid...sounded like the ball hit a bat.

Well I haven't been able to see them for myself but i have a lot of people that play and watch that i talk to lol. From what i've heard they are showing some promise but Green needs to work out some kinks and work on some basics for a few. Our pitching will be solid come district but our bats are a question mark. We have some young talent that could be great but needs to get experience. And that's all i can give ya for now.

8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed