Nederland is going to win state..

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1176823" timestamp="1329103281"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=95851.msg1176816#msg1176816 date=1329102803]
Guys,

If I understand Dickie V's reasoning correctly, I can see what he means.  Look at it this way.  Coach English is getting about 95% out of his players... This is a result of great coaching!  But Nederland is just about as good as they are going to get this year.

But Ozen (and Central) has players with far more athletic potential and the coaching staff is NOT getting the most out of their potentials... let's say 60-70% (although the exact number is open to debate), the point is, that the Ozen team can be much, MUCH better with some better coaching.

So, is DV picking on Nederland?  I don't think so.  But much like the HJ faithful who react like pitbulls when they feel HJ Is being maligned, the Nederland faithful are absolutely certain that DV is drinking HatorAde when it comes to Nederland.

Frankly, I see his point.  There is a coaching vacuum in Beaumont that is holding the Panthers and Jaguars from competing at the level that they could be (considering the talent on the teams).

I hope I didn't muddy up the waters even further.
[/quote]

No, you just about hit it on the head, Fan.  You'll be generally ignored, or even maligned, but you got it.
[/quote]

And a number of people disagree with his premise whether he is right or wrong.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1176816" timestamp="1329102803"]
Guys,

If I understand Dickie V's reasoning correctly, I can see what he means.  Look at it this way.  Coach English is getting about 95% out of his players... This is a result of great coaching!  But Nederland is just about as good as they are going to get this year.

But Ozen (and Central) has players with far more athletic potential and the coaching staff is NOT getting the most out of their potentials... let's say 60-70% (although the exact number is open to debate), the point is, that the Ozen team can be much, MUCH better with some better coaching.

So, is DV picking on Nederland?  I don't think so.  But much like the HJ faithful who react like pitbulls when they feel HJ Is being maligned, the Nederland faithful are absolutely certain that DV is drinking HatorAde when it comes to Nederland.

Frankly, I see his point.  There is a coaching vacuum in Beaumont that is holding the Panthers and Jaguars from competing at the level that they could be (considering the talent on the teams).

[/quote]
FINALLY! I want to commend you for your superior reasoning and rationale as it pertains to this matter...Sir, I will be at the Hamburger Depot in Nederland on tomorrow for the SETX Weekly show....I would like to buy your dinner! Come on out!! 8)

[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=95851.msg1176823#msg1176823 date=1329103281]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=95851.msg1176816#msg1176816 date=1329102803]
Guys,

[/quote]

No, you just about hit it on the head, Fan.  You'll be generally ignored, or even maligned, but you got it.
[/quote]

He DID nail it!! And you are right...It will go un-noticed...but he definitely nailed it! ;)

[quote name="stevenash" post="1176826" timestamp="1329103458"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=95851.msg1176823#msg1176823 date=1329103281]
Guys,

[/quote]

[/quote]

And a number of people disagree with his premise whether he is right or wrong.
[/quote]
Why is that? If I am right, I am right....Why would anyone disagree with right? ???

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176860" timestamp="1329105771"]
Ozen has a head boys basketball coach...that job is not open. My point is and always was the fact that ALL of the BISD schools have basketball talent.  The bar was set at Ozen 11 years ago, and this year or last they are nowhere near that standard.
[/quote]
Even though this is hard i have to agree with you on this.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176860" timestamp="1329105771"]
Ozen has a head boys basketball coach...that job is not open. My point is and always was the fact that ALL of the BISD schools have basketball talent.  The bar was set at Ozen 11 years ago, and this year or last they are nowhere near that standard.
[/quote]

Ok.  So what is your opinion on fixing this?  Surely you have a suggestion.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1176868" timestamp="1329106225"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95851.msg1176860#msg1176860 date=1329105771]
[/quote]

Ok.  So what is your opinion on fixing this?  Surely you have a suggestion.
[/quote]

Listen, thats what we have been discussing on here for weeks.  WHY things are the way they are in district 20-4A...I have given my thoughts on here many times, in the most politically correct way possible...Just re-read the threads for my thoughts on that.

I don't post on this site, but I do read discussions quite often on here. I have read multiple threads where dicky v has hammered his opinions upon people and those who disagree he accuses them of not allowing him to have an opinion. Why dont you look in the mirror, you are the one who can not accept others opinions. You have stated your opinion to the point where I'm sure everyone on this board knows where you stand. Why can't that be enough? Instead you come on here and make one of the most ignorant threads I have ever seen on this board mocking and making fun of Nederland posters who don't agree with you and claiming they say stuff which has not been said or even hinted (I.e. "Nederland is going to win state"). On top of that I have seen you call out KIDS, who we all know read this board, by name and call them "jv at best." I don't care how much you boast about being a coach and how basketball savvy you are. Honestly, I doubt anyone on here does. Your right, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just because they differ from yours doesn't mean they are inhabiting your right to your opinion. You are the one inhabiting others from theirs. Everyone knows your opinion, this thread was completely unnecessary and is a disgrace to this forum

[quote name="Nedball4" post="1176899" timestamp="1329125472"]
I don't post on this site, but I do read discussions quite often on here. I have read multiple threads where dicky v has hammered his opinions upon people and those who disagree he accuses them of not allowing him to have an opinion. Why dont you look in the mirror, you are the one who can not accept others opinions. You have stated your opinion to the point where I'm sure everyone on this board knows where you stand. Why can't that be enough? Instead you come on here and make one of the most ignorant threads I have ever seen on this board mocking and making fun of Nederland posters who don't agree with you and claiming they say stuff which has not been said or even hinted (I.e. "Nederland is going to win state"). On top of that I have seen you call out KIDS, who we all know read this board, by name and call them "jv at best." I don't care how much you boast about being a coach and how basketball savvy you are. Honestly, I doubt anyone on here does. Your right, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just because they differ from yours doesn't mean they are inhabiting your right to your opinion. You are the one inhabiting others from theirs. Everyone knows your opinion, this thread was completely unnecessary and is a disgrace to this forum
[/quote]

That's hitting the nail on the head.

Grad, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember a thread where someone said that WOS football, winning in 4A but not winning it all in 3A, was umpteen pages long with lots of WOS fans defending their team's honor. Guess it depends on whose honor one is stepping as to whether the proverbial nail has been struck. I bet even this statement gets a rise.

[quote name="baddog" post="1176900" timestamp="1329127787"]
[quote author=Nedball4 link=topic=95851.msg1176899#msg1176899 date=1329125472]
[/quote]

That's hitting the nail on the head.

Grad, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember a thread where someone said that WOS football, winning in 4A but not winning it all in 3A, was umpteen pages long with lots of WOS fans defending their team's honor. Guess it depends on whose honor one is stepping as to whether the proverbial nail has been struck. I bet even this statement gets a rise.
[/quote]

Fan, you were so much more right than I originally thought.

AGREE, well said. Karma + 1000
[quote name="Nedball4" post="1176899" timestamp="1329125472"]
[/quote]

I am sorry you feel that way, however I have never and will never discredit a kid by name...I started this thread initially to prove a point.....and it has been proven...if you dont praise Nederland and post about how great they are, people such as yourself make it into a "you hate Nederland" issue, when that is CLEARLY not the case..a disgrace? Are you kidding me? It's a message board! I will state my opinion whether YOU agree with it or not...I HAVE said MANY positive things about the Nederland program, but it is obvious those went over your head...Re-read the thread...you just might catch them....enjoy your day. 8)

[quote name="baddog" post="1176945" timestamp="1329143680"]
.....and DV gets the last word. Who cares what you think about our program? I don't but will defend our kids and town. Move on to something else DV. We know your POV.
[/quote]
Sure..excuse me for defending ME... ::) ::)...Next topic...Who has the better Hamburger Depot? Nederland or Beaumont...I say BEAUMONT!! Just because its closer to Ozen!!! >:( >:( ;D ;D

Why are y'all so hard on DV.  He is equaly as hard on Central (my team) as he is Nederland, and he lives in Nederland.  He brings up valid points and arguments about my team.  Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't.  I personally can see both sides on the Nederland argument.  Even though DV is outnumbered, he holds firm to what he believes in, so now he is labeled as a Nederland Haters or whatever you guys call him. 

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1176816" timestamp="1329102803"]
Guys,

[b]But Ozen (and Central) has players with far more athletic potential and the coaching staff is NOT getting the most out of their potentials... let's say 60-70% (although the exact number is open to debate), the point is, that the Ozen team can be much, MUCH better with some better coaching.[/b]

[/quote]

My opinion of Nederland really doesn't matter because I can't say that I have a dog in that fight but I have my fair share of things to say when they play Ozen but only because I have to talk smack when my child is playing. From what I see and I'm going by #s here, Nederland and Central has the top 2 teams with Ozen in 3rd and so on (lol).

Now to the bold section - I have to agree with this. My son has played organized basketball since 3rd grade and has always had fun and love for the sport. Going to open gym during the summer and interacting with Boutte led him to want to go to Ozen. He was highly disappointed when Boutte left and changed his mind about going to Ozen. I made him stay but then saw the change in him and this year it has gotten worse. I've told him several times this season that his heart isn't in it and he is not having fun anymore and it shows. He agrees and his reasons don't have anything to do with his teammates. So again I agree....

On another side note, I guess I haven't been on here long enough to know who Dickie V is.... 

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176914" timestamp="1329139029"]
I am sorry you feel that way, however I have never and will never discredit a kid by name...I started this thread initially to prove a point.....and [b]it has been proven[/b]...if you dont praise Nederland and post about how great they are, people such as yourself make it into a "you hate Nederland" issue, when that is CLEARLY not the case..a disgrace? Are you kidding me? It's a message board! I will state my opinion whether YOU agree with it or not...I HAVE said MANY positive things about the Nederland program, but it is obvious those went over your head...Re-read the thread...you just might catch them....enjoy your day. 8)
[/quote]
The only thing that has been 'proven' is that you have an opinion, like everyone else, but [b]you[/b] (and only you) believe your opinion to be superior. I usually stick to the FB forum, but it doesn't take a basketball genius to figure this one out. Regardless of how many times you have given props to Coach English, you turn right back around and slap his players down. That's right. You claim to know him and be his 'friend'. Sorry, don't see any of his other 'friends' on here trying to demoralize his team. You try to be positive about them, then you throw in a[b] but [/b] or [b]however[/b]. You sound like an intelligent guy, so I KNOW you are aware of how powerful those words can be. Don't you find it ironic that so many people are saying the same thing about your posts, yet you continue to defend yourself the same exact way? This has been going on for weeks, then you reach out and slap Coach English AGAIN with this absurd topic?? And don't reply to my comments and defend yourself, bc you have been saying the same things over and over and over and over and over. Oh, sorry! Was that a bit redundant??  ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1176955" timestamp="1329144638"]
Why are y'all so hard on DV.  He is equaly as hard on Central (my team) as he is Nederland, and he lives in Nederland.  He brings up valid points and arguments about my team.  Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't.  I personally can see both sides on the Nederland argument.  Even though DV is outnumbered, he holds firm to what he believes in, so now he is labeled as a Nederland Haters or whatever you guys call him.
[/quote]Now thats a good point. Central sucks and he lets us know how bad yall suck ;D Plus he's gotten on Ozen too. He is an equal opportunity analyst.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1176962" timestamp="1329145238"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95851.msg1176955#msg1176955 date=1329144638]
[/quote]Now thats a good point. Central sucks and he lets us know how bad yall suck ;D Plus he's gotten on Ozen too. He is an equal opportunity analyst.
[/quote]Now wait a darn minute.  We don't 'suck'.  ;D But I agree, he gets on Central and Ozen as well.

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1176958" timestamp="1329144741"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95851.msg1176914#msg1176914 date=1329139029]
I am sorry you feel that way, however I have never and will never discredit a kid by name...I started this thread initially to prove a point.....and [b]it has been proven[/b]...if you dont praise Nederland and post about how great they are, people such as yourself make it into a "you hate Nederland" issue, when that is CLEARLY not the case..a disgrace? Are you kidding me? It's a message board! I will state my opinion whether YOU agree with it or not...I HAVE said MANY positive things about the Nederland program, but it is obvious those went over your head...Re-read the thread...you just might catch them....enjoy your day. 8)
[/quote]
The only thing that has been 'proven' is that you have an opinion, like everyone else, but [b]you[/b] (and only you) believe your opinion to be superior. I usually stick to the FB forum, but it doesn't take a basketball genius to figure this one out. Regardless of how many times you have given props to Coach English, you turn right back around and slap his players down. That's right. You claim to know him and be his 'friend'. Sorry, don't see any of his other 'friends' on here trying to demoralize his team. You try to be positive about them, then you throw in a[b] but [/b] or [b]however[/b]. You sound like an intelligent guy, so I KNOW you are aware of how powerful those words can be. Don't you find it ironic that so many people are saying the same thing about your posts, yet you continue to defend yourself the same exact way? This has been going on for weeks, then you reach out and slap Coach English AGAIN with this absurd topic?? And don't reply to my comments and defend yourself, bc you have been saying the same things over and over and over and over and over. Oh, sorry! Was that a bit redundant??  ::)
[/quote]
Redundant? what you mean the fact that I have said over and over how good a job Coach E is doing over there? Or the part that they are not THAT good? which one? I have a TON of respect for Coach E, and he knows that I will always tell it like it is...The reason you all FROM Nederland are being so sensitive is probably because you don't like to hear the truth...Or better yet an OPINIONATED truth...I have said this, and will say it once again...Those kids play hard, they play smart and are well coached..They are not going to out-talent many teams, but have a great coach that usually gets them through. Thats my take. How is that redundant?