**#5 HARDIN-JEFFERSON at ORANGEFIELD BROADCAST**/HJ WINS 75-39!

Lazeek

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1171912" timestamp="1328328518"]
HJ-----18-16-22-19----75
OF-----8-12-8-11------39

[i][b]HJ---(33-1, 6-1)[/b][/i]

Prudhomme  20
Johnson  14
Persohn  10
Carr  9
Bosha  8
Hoyt  5
S. Mitchell  3
J. Mitchell  2
Vannoy  2

Free Throws----5/11  45%

Team Fouls----14

[i][b]OF---(16-15, 2-5)[/b][/i]

Holland  11
Bolton  9
Angelle  7
Ousley  6
Truncale  5
Ibeck  1

Free Throws---6/13  46%

Team Fouls---12

OF trailed by only 4 points 24-20 with 1:30 left in the 2nd quarter.  HJ went on 10-0 run to end the half.  Eventually went on a 32-8 run to take the game to the end of the 3rd.
[/quote]

45%.  At some point I hope the Hawks realize that this free throw percentage is unacceptable & will more than likely cost them a victory in the playoffs. 

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1171923" timestamp="1328328882"]
HJ Dunk-O-Meter today got rang three times!!!

Prudhomme started it with a 2 handed monster dunk in the 2nd to start a 32-8 run 8), and then in the 3rd Prudhomme caught two alley oops!!!  One from Johnson, and then one from Bosha!!!

Hawks shot the ball from the paint as bad tonight as I have seen all year.  Hope they get those to fall by Tuesday night as WO-S comes to Sour Lake!!!
[/quote]My man, Zeek!  Just what the doctor ordered.  Dunkometer stats!  Looks like Stevenash's hard work to install the dunkometer paid off!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172045" timestamp="1328364232"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=95351.msg1171923#msg date=1328328882]
HJ Dunk-O-Meter today got rang three times!!!

Prudhomme started it with a 2 handed monster dunk in the 2nd to start a 32-8 run 8), and then in the 3rd Prudhomme caught two alley oops!!!  One from Johnson, and then one from Bosha!!!

Hawks shot the ball from the paint as bad tonight as I have seen all year.  Hope they get those to fall by Tuesday night as WO-S comes to Sour Lake!!!
[/quote]My man, Zeek!  Just what the doctor ordered.  Dunkometer stats!  Looks like Stevenash's hard work to install the dunkometer paid off!
[/quote]

Soulja- do you think a free throw-o-meter might help the Hawks improve at the line?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172065" timestamp="1328367681"]
No.  A free throw o meter would make the free throws worse.  ;D
[/quote] :(

Ok  will accept your advice but I didnt think they could get much worse.  But if you think about it, isnt a free throw sort of a stationary version of the sweet mid range jumper?

[quote name="WR84" post="1172358" timestamp="1328410017"]
Beaumont Central should of did everything they could to keep Devante Johnson there. He wouldve been a great asset to the team. But best of wished to him at H-J
[/quote]Water under the bridge now. He's doing great for H-J, and we're (Central)are doing fine as well.  We would have been fine with or without that kid.  :) :)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172494" timestamp="1328475414"]
[quote author=WR84 link=topic=95351.msg1172358#msg date=1328410017]
Beaumont Central should of did everything they could to keep Devante Johnson there. He wouldve been a great asset to the team. But best of wished to him at H-J
[/quote]Water under the bridge now. He's doing great for H-J, and we're (Central)are doing fine as well.  We would have been fine with or without that kid.  :) :)
[/quote]Obviously some people don't really know the talent level at Central. Again, you have frosh putting pressure on the upperclassmen.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172494" timestamp="1328475414"]
[quote author=WR84 link=topic=95351.msg1172358#msg date=1328410017]
[/quote]
NO SOULJA...Somebody REALLY dropped the ball with that kid (Devante Johnson)...Central would have DEFINITELY been better WITH him...No question about it... ;)

We have players that can fill in.  Would we have been better?  I dot know.  Our staff may not have utilized him correctly.  Remember, H-J's staff is a lot 'different' than our staff.  That kid have chosen to attend the school in sour lake, and I'm glad he's having a great yeat.  But I an assure you.  No one from Central is losing any sleep on his decision not to play for Central.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172540" timestamp="1328478898"]
We have players that can fill in.  Would we have been better?  I dot know.  Our staff may not have utilized him correctly.  Remember, H-J's staff is a lot 'different' than our staff.  That kid have chosen to attend the school in sour lake, and I'm glad he's having a great yeat.  But I an assure you.  No one from Central is losing any sleep on his decision not to play for Central.
[/quote]
If they don't miss that kid, the Cavs don't miss Lebron..... ::) ::).....Central does not have a kid BETTER than him, including Kristian Smith...They may have one or two as good as, but not better...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172553" timestamp="1328480379"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95351.msg1172540#msg1172540 date=1328478898]
[/quote]
If they don't miss that kid, the Cavs don't miss Lebron..... ::) ::).....Central does not have a kid BETTER than him, including Kristian Smith...They may have one or two as good as, but not better...
[/quote]

I heartily agree. 

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1172565" timestamp="1328482727"]
Wow SteveNash! I would put my money on Smith all day! He is a better player than Prudhomme. Who would you pick to start your team with. I think Smith takes those shots because he didn't trust his teammates. I think that has changed.
[/quote]

It's very easy to make that statement.  But it would be better to give some reasons why.  If you havent seen both of them play 3 or 4 times each this year, I dont see how you are qualified to say it.  While I havent seen the numbers, I am betting that Prudhommes overall stats compare extremely favorably with Smiths.  And I am sorry, but if you are unable to trust your team mates, that is counter productive as opposed to productive and is an ingredient to being a good player.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172553" timestamp="1328480379"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95351.msg1172540#msg date=1328478898]
[/quote]
[/quote]I was willing to roll with you on we don't have anyone better than him, but you threw Smith in there.  You trippin now, man!  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder