**#5 HARDIN-JEFFERSON at ORANGEFIELD BROADCAST**/HJ WINS 75-39!

Lazeek

In 21-3A action the #5 State Ranked Hardin-Jefferson Hawks travel to Orange County to take on the Orangefield Bobcats.  HJ (32-1, 5-1) is coming in off of a win over district rival #4 Silsbee on Tuesday night.  Hawks were led by Shawn Prudhomme with 25 points in the 79-74 win.  HJ is ranked #2 in the SETXSPORTS.COM Dirty Dozen poll this week.  The Bobcats (16-14, 2-4) are once again at home this week, just as they were on Tuesday night when they defeated the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorn's 45-38.  Orangefield currently finds themselves in 5th place in District 21-3A.

Tune in LIVE tonight at 7:20pm for the pre-game talk with Rob Lietzke and Robb Starr!!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index.php/broadcasts/live-games/74-hardin-jefferson-basketball/1371-hardin-jefferson-vs-kountze-basketball-fri-7-pm

Hardin-Jefferson Basketball Sponsors:

Mike Roby Insurance
Star Graphics
Raquel West Attorney at Law
Liberty Golf Cars of Beaumont
Hamburger Depot
Southwest Building Systems

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that gets hyped up on this board is HJ vs. Silsbee or Nederland vs. Central/Ozen.  Look at all the other links.  There isn't going to be any hype for this game on here.  No biggie on that, but it should come as no surprise to anyone.  Hopefully the hawks overlook the Bobcats, like the Longhorns did on Tuesday.  Doubtful, but one can always hope.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1171339" timestamp="1328294978"]
The only thing that gets hyped up on this board is HJ vs. Silsbee or Nederland vs. Central/Ozen.  Look at all the other links.  There isn't going to be any hype for this game on here.  No biggie on that, but it should come as no surprise to anyone.  [b]Hopefully the hawks overlook the Bobcats, like the Longhorns did on Tuesday[/b].  Doubtful, but one can always hope.
[/quote]

the hawks could overlook the bobcats and STILL win by 20-25 points.  but like lazeek said, OF might find a way to keep it semi-interesting at home.

[quote name="bballgod" post="1171360" timestamp="1328296117"]
Hopefully they play as well as they did against Sislbee in OF.  They were only down 15 with 2 min. to go in game.
[/quote]

truthfully, i hope they do, too.  I want HJ to face as many tests as possible over the next couple of weeks before playoffs start.

HJ-----18-16-22-19----75
OF-----8-12-8-11------39

[i][b]HJ---(33-1, 6-1)[/b][/i]

Prudhomme  20
Johnson  14
Persohn  10
Carr  9
Bosha  8
Hoyt  5
S. Mitchell  3
J. Mitchell  2
Vannoy  2

Free Throws----5/11  45%

Team Fouls----14

[i][b]OF---(16-15, 2-5)[/b][/i]

Holland  11
Bolton  9
Angelle  7
Ousley  6
Truncale  5
Ibeck  1

Free Throws---6/13  46%

Team Fouls---12

OF trailed by only 4 points 24-20 with 1:30 left in the 2nd quarter.  HJ went on 10-0 run to end the half.  Eventually went on a 32-8 run to take the game to the end of the 3rd.

HJ Dunk-O-Meter today got rang three times!!!

Prudhomme started it with a 2 handed monster dunk in the 2nd to start a 32-8 run 8), and then in the 3rd Prudhomme caught two alley oops!!!  One from Johnson, and then one from Bosha!!!

Hawks shot the ball from the paint as bad tonight as I have seen all year.  Hope they get those to fall by Tuesday night as WO-S comes to Sour Lake!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami