Hello! Yates to 3A

Guest Farmer Fran

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1171611" timestamp="1328315680"]
Stevnash I will go out on a limb and tell you for a fact Yates would beat HJ by 30. The speed they have in their starting 5 gets faster when the bench clears. Coach Wise is like the dude from the original Karate Kid. "No Mercy"!
[/quote]... and what happened to that dude at the end?  8)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1171631" timestamp="1328316270"]
That won't happen! I have seen them play this year and the past 3. Imagine a team full of track players who can play ball. Faster than our Tigers and the size of 2001 Ozen.
[/quote]
Agree 112%!! There is no way you can hope to continue to beat that press for 4qtrs!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1171611" timestamp="1328315680"]
Stevnash I will go out on a limb and tell you for a fact Yates would beat HJ by 30. The speed they have in their starting 5 gets faster when the bench clears. Coach Wise is like the dude from the original Karate Kid. "No Mercy"!
[/quote]

If it's a fact, why do you describe it as going out on a limb?  I have to take your statements with a grain of salt based upon past golf conversations/predictions.

High school basketball is played by 15-18 year old boys so you never know whats going to happen until you toss it up.The Yates club of a couple of years ago was one of the best I've ever seen but those don't come along every year.I think it will be good to see the talent level improve in our corner of the state.These Silsbee/Yates/HJ matchups will be a lot of fun to watch.

Guys,  HJ nor Silsbee will beat Houston Yates. These match ups just won't be close. They aren't currently ranked 1 in 4A for nothing. Most of their team consists of juniors and sophomores. I'm a Silsbee fan and SETX sports supporter to the heart, but inner city ball just ain't the same. There is a reason they play teams like Findley Prep and Oak Hill Academy. They have a nice combination of size and speed that you don't see in high school. When you have move ins from South Africa, Florida, and Virgina, you aren't worried about 3A teams. They worry about National Champuonships.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1171504" timestamp="1328309206"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95318.msg1171495#msg1171495 date=1328308648]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95318.msg1170816#msg1170816 date=1328218758]
SETX will beat a Yates team next year! They play almost out of control at times. They have very below average shooters. Most of their points come off the press. I think the Tigers and Hawks have points returning who can beat their press and not panic under pressure. They normally start 6'2, 6'2, 5'11 6'6 and 6'5.
[/quote]Wow, how did I miss these few comments. But never too late to respond ;) Yates have average shooters, I agree. The only way HJ can score off Yates is to run when Yates score. HJ cannot play a half court game with Yates. Sounds odd to say that, doesn't it? I'l let you guys and other experts figure it out.

Silsbee, well thats a whole different story. Yates size and rebounding matched with their quickness will match well against Silsbee.
[/quote]

So you are saying that Silsbee would do considerably better against Yates than Hj would?  Is that sort of like WOS losing to Silsbee at Silsbee by 7 and then HJ beating WOS at WOS by 30+?  Yes, I can certainly see how that comparison works out.
[/quote]Nope Silsbee would have some serious problems against Yates.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1171931" timestamp="1328329170"]
Guys,  HJ nor Silsbee will beat Houston Yates. These match ups just won't be close. [b]They aren't currently ranked 1 in 4A for nothing[/b]. Most of their team consists of juniors and sophomores. I'm a Silsbee fan and SETX sports supporter to the heart, but inner city ball just ain't the same. There is a reason they play teams like Findley Prep and Oak Hill Academy. They have a nice combination of size and speed that you don't see in high school. When you have move ins from South Africa, Florida, and Virgina, you aren't worried about 3A teams. They worry about National Champuonships.
[/quote]

You know, Galveston Ball was ranked #1 last year for nothing. ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1171931" timestamp="1328329170"]
Guys,  HJ nor Silsbee will beat Houston Yates. These match ups just won't be close. They aren't currently ranked 1 in 4A for nothing. Most of their team consists of juniors and sophomores. I'm a Silsbee fan and SETX sports supporter to the heart, but inner city ball just ain't the same. There is a reason they play teams like Findley Prep and Oak Hill Academy. They have a nice combination of size and speed that you don't see in high school. When you have move ins from South Africa, Florida, and Virgina, you aren't worried about 3A teams. They worry about National Champuonships.
[/quote]Preach on.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1171942" timestamp="1328329563"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95318.msg1171931#msg1171931 date=1328329170]
Guys,  HJ nor Silsbee will beat Houston Yates. These match ups just won't be close. [b]They aren't currently ranked 1 in 4A for nothing[/b]. Most of their team consists of juniors and sophomores. I'm a Silsbee fan and SETX sports supporter to the heart, but inner city ball just ain't the same. There is a reason they play teams like Findley Prep and Oak Hill Academy. They have a nice combination of size and speed that you don't see in high school. When you have move ins from South Africa, Florida, and Virgina, you aren't worried about 3A teams. They worry about National Champuonships.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good point and if Silsbee happens to play yates and either beats them or loses in a close one, you will be told that Silsbee would get killed by Flower Mound Marcus and the UT Longhorns as well.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1171950" timestamp="1328329720"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=95318.msg1171942#msg1171942 date=1328329563]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95318.msg1171931#msg1171931 date=1328329170]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very good point and if Silsbee happens to play yates and either beats them or loses in a close one, you will be told that Silsbee would get killed by Flower Mound Marcus and the UT Longhorns as well.
[/quote]Silsbee won't have the size next year to compete at that level. And HJ bigs won't be quick enough to rebound

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1171951" timestamp="1328329720"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95318.msg1171934#msg1171934 date=1328329292]
I have a sneaky feeling that the move in rate is going to slow considerably.
[/quote]Not anytime soon. ;) Some 8th graders are already hiring realtors ;)
[/quote]

I know- I have copies of the contracts

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1170564" timestamp="1328208973"]
Yates is an automatic over southeast texas ;)
[/quote]

oh yeah, apparently you don't know about the 3 headed monster west of the trinity. sorry i couldn't resist. i really should have my account suspended for making that comment.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1171961" timestamp="1328329931"]
Go to this forum and note the nice comment about Yates by Jordan 620

http://texashoops.rivals.com/forum.asp
[/quote]
Thats a bum statement...sounds like FEAR to me.... :-X.....WHY would he refer to those kids as a "band of thugs"? It is HIGHLY likely that this guy has not had ANY interaction with any Yates player, so that assumption is ignorant at best...THATS sad... >:(

Here is a response from that same board thread from another poster(these are not my words)

"Just quit with the thug crap and blatant racism that you've posted under other ID's. Instead of sounding ridiculous, try to direct all of your anger towards Greg Wise instead of the players. I don't like what the guy does bringing kids there, but his run of recruiting kids to Yates will likely be coming to an end with the move to 3A.

Try and remember who the AD is for the UIL right now. While he's pushed the buck on schools like Kimball and Marcus to the local DEC's, do you honestly think he's going to let Yates enter a region that has a prominent former school of his and also allow them to blatantly bring in kids that would keep that school from having a shot at getting to Austin? Greg Wise is going to be in the crosshairs of the folks in Austin for the foreseeable future."

Guest beechnut
Is Wise that bad? How about when Hal Pastner ran the Houston Hoops and all the kids that were ran through Kingwood? How did Nick Wise and Singletary ever land there? You really think that Kingwood would have had the teams they did without those kids? What have they done since Hal sold Vision Sports. Cmon Like it or not its a business these days and either you in or out.

oh my goodness. You must really be isolated in SE Tx to think HJ or silsbee could hang with Yates. I appreciate your heart, but pleeeze use your brain. Yes, they are kids and if they played 50 times SE Tx could come away with 2 or 3 wins, but you gotta kidding otherwise. HJ struggled with Kingwood Park AT HOME. and Kpark would lose to Yates by 25. Yates has the athletic bodies, not one, several, to cover HJ's stud who is normally a matchup nightmare. Plus isn't he a Senior?

[quote name="homeless" post="1172626" timestamp="1328494576"]
oh my goodness. You must really be isolated in SE Tx to think HJ or silsbee could hang with Yates. I appreciate your heart, but pleeeze use your brain. Yes, they are kids and if they played 50 times SE Tx could come away with 2 or 3 wins, but you gotta kidding otherwise. HJ struggled with Kingwood Park AT HOME. and Kpark would lose to Yates by 25. Yates has the athletic bodies, not one, several, to cover HJ's stud who is normally a matchup nightmare. Plus isn't he a Senior?
[/quote]

Is leading the entire game considered a struggle?  Is Yates beating Wheatley only in the last 5 minutes of the game and then Wheatley losing to Central considered domination?

SteveNash, I'd be willing to be my change, your money, and everyone's money on this board that HJ wouldn't play with in 30 of Yates this year. They have 5 Shawn Prudhomme, 3 DC Stallworths, and 4 Kristen Smiths. Yates is young as well. Next it is a FACT they will WALK thru 3A ball. Silsbee, HJ, Sealy, and Waco La Vega better make  the best of this season. Next years Yates will resemble their team from the back to back years. I'm not riding their jocks, but HJ plays too slow and Silsbee is way too small. Manvel is ranked 2nd and they won't play with in 18 of them. I'm not saying no one should be scared of them, but when your high school team is full of AAU players what do you expect. Their bench would win compete for state in 3A this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83