Hello! Yates to 3A

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1170395" timestamp="1328202169"]
Their ability to  [s]recruit[/s]  err, convince kids to transfer will diminish IMO, bc some kids may view 3A as a 'smaller stage' which could limit their college opportunities.
[/quote]

Maybe English can get some of their recruits so he can get on the same level as Boutte.  ;D

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1170395" timestamp="1328202169"]
Their ability to  [s]recruit[/s]  err, convince kids to transfer will diminish IMO, bc some kids may view 3A as a 'smaller stage' which could limit their college opportunities.
[/quote]With Yates, it won't matter because they are already in a weak 4-A district. Its the games out of district where they will shine and get students to move-in to their district

Yates turned in 1000 for their enrollment. Missed staying in 4A by 5 students (bottom for 4A was 1005). Yates is the largest 3A in the state with the 1000 enrollment. Stephenville and Kaufman are 2nd and 3rd with 999 and 998.

Just did not think their numbers would have dropped over 200 and also didn't think Wise and admins would allow them to drop (ego).

Have to disagree with most.  I saw Yates twice this year.  Good? Yea.  Like the last few years? No.  HJ played Wheatly(A few years ago) when they were at the top of their game and stepped up to that level.  The Yates of yesterday is gone.  Having said that-they will still be very good.  SIlsbee and HJ represent the best in 3A.  Maybe a couple others as well.  Yates will be right their with them-possibly one step above.  Point is-Yates in not an automatic in 3A.

[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1170569" timestamp="1328209113"]
Blue -u r right more than you are wrong.  However-I don't see the automatic.  The line between HJ/Silsbee and Yates will be somewhat thin.  I do give yates an edge-but automatic -no way.
[/quote]I agree, HJ and Silsbee won't lay down

[quote name="bullets13" post="1170573" timestamp="1328209301"]
wonder how many kids Yates had to "recruit to leave" to drop that many students...
[/quote]

Doesn't matter - they will be back as soon as the coast is clear-  I can promise you, though, that they will be under considerably more scrutiny than at anytime in the past

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami