Whos is the best in the new 19-4A

WordMan2

[quote name="octfeb" post="1170481" timestamp="1328205682"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170477#msg1170477 date=1328205556]
Ok after some quick research and throwing in what little logic I have  ;D

Here is how we placed last year( not sure about 18-4A since it looks like a thre way tie). first number is overall second one is in district

19-4A
1st BH 9-2 & 6-1
2nd Crosby 6-5 & 5-2
3rd Dayton 9-4 & 5-2
6th King 4-6 & 2-5

18-4A
1st Summer Creek 9-2 & 6-1
2nd KW Park 8-3 & 6-1
5th Humble 4-6 & 3-4
6th NC Porter 3-7 & 1-6
7th New Caney 2-8 & 1-6

Of course not really knowing what is returning here is my best guess for next year.

[b]1st Crosby
2nd Summer Creek
3rd Barbers Hill
4th Dayton
5th KW Park
6th Humble
7th King
8th NC Porter
9th New Caney[/b]
[/quote]are you drunk? you really think dayton gonna end up in 4th?
[/quote]

You know you would have said the same thing last year about Dayton being in 3rd. If the wouldn't have pulled off the win over Crosby last year you may have been sitting home,s o NO IM NOT DRUNK I JUST DON"T LOOK THROUGH PURPLE GLASSES 8)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco1" post="1170482" timestamp="1328205768"]
I like your top 4 BHFAN, just not sure of that exact order. Crosby should be there, Summer Creek not sure, [b]BH because of the pretty uniforms[/b] and Dayton because its what we do.
[/quote]

True Dat ;D ;D ;D

At the end of the day you never know who is going to step up. I know Crosby is returning a lot of speed and Dayton will be stacked as well minus a starting QB and the best kicker EVER ;D BH has to rebuild, but they have a lot of talent to step in plus another year for our QB to just get better.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1170498" timestamp="1328206336"]
Oh and now that there are 9 teams in this district, how will the open weeks work? will we have none?
[/quote]

We only had 8 teams last year, so we go from 3 pre district games to 2.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170501" timestamp="1328206498"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95315.msg1170498#msg1170498 date=1328206336]
Oh and now that there are 9 teams in this district, how will the open weeks work? will we have none?
[/quote]

We only had 8 teams last year, so we go from 3 pre district games to 2.
[/quote]

With an odd number of teams, bye weeks will be during district play/

After further review I think BH, Crosby and Dayton take the top three spots (Not telling the order)  ;D I see that Summer Creek got killed by Magnolia West and Dayton beat the crap out of Magnolia West the next game. This could only lead me to believe that the district is not that good.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1170464" timestamp="1328205164"]

[/quote]"Humble football coach Walt Beasley announced his retirement at yesterday's signing event. AD says position will be filled in coming weeks" per a twitter post
[/quote]

Beasley announced his retirement on November 6th unofficially.  And unofficially, from someone inside Humble ISD athletic department...Charles West OC for Dekaney is the new guy.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1170518" timestamp="1328207473"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95315.msg1170464#msg1170464 date=1328205164]

[/quote]"Humble football coach Walt Beasley announced his retirement at yesterday's signing event. AD says position will be filled in coming weeks" per a twitter post
[/quote]

Beasley announced his retirement on November 6th unofficially.  And unofficially, from someone inside Humble ISD athletic department...Charles West OC for Dekaney is the new guy.
[/quote]Well I guess maybe he (officially) made the announcement yesterday

[quote name="Panther Recon" post="1170504" timestamp="1328206774"]
Apparently none of you have seen Summer Creek play.  They deserve respect, you'll see.
[/quote]

The most certainly do.  They are very explosive on offense, and that QB they have is an absolute stud.  Hands down best in the district.  Kid will be a top D1 prospect.  And Summer Creek has a Running Back coming up that is ALL man, and no boy.  about 5'11 210.  Fast.  Kids only going to be a sophomore. I know its against Freshman, but the kid looks like the second coming of Ben Gay.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170501" timestamp="1328206498"]
[/quote]

[b]We only had 8 teams last year[/b], so we go from 3 pre district games to 2.
[/quote]there were only 7 not 8

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170507" timestamp="1328206894"]
After further review I think BH, Crosby and Dayton take the top three spots (Not telling the order)  ;D I see that Summer Creek got killed by Magnolia West and Dayton beat the crap out of Magnolia West the next game. This could only lead me to believe that the district is not that good.
[/quote]

Summer Creek had something like 17 underclassmen starting last year.  Their defense was pretty weak, but make no mistake about how good they are.  This school is in perfect storm mode.  Because Humble fell into unacceptable taks waters 3 years ago, about 5-6 of Humble's top incoming freshman went to summer creek by legal transfer under peg rules.  Combined with the talent that SC drew from redrawing from Atascocita and Humble.  They are probably as stacked as they are ever going to be right now, and they have the pieces to pull off some unexpected success.  They are very very talented, and very well coached on the offensive side of the ball.  They need work defensively, but because they are athletic they do really well in take aways.  Sound running game though slows them down by keeping the offense on the sidelines. 

[quote name="octfeb" post="1170524" timestamp="1328207820"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170501#msg1170501 date=1328206498]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why must I constantly school you ;D

1.) BH
2.) Dayton
3.) Crosby
4.)GCM
5.)Lee
6.) King
7.) GP
8.) NF

[quote name="HUM398" post="1170531" timestamp="1328208078"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170507#msg1170507 date=1328206894]
[/quote]

Summer Creek had something like 17 underclassmen starting last year.  Their defense was pretty weak, but make no mistake about how good they are.  This school is in perfect storm mode.  Because Humble fell into unacceptable taks waters 3 years ago, about 5-6 of Humble's top incoming freshman went to summer creek by legal transfer under peg rules.  Combined with the talent that SC drew from redrawing from Atascocita and Humble.  They are probably as stacked as they are ever going to be right now, and they have the pieces to pull off some unexpected success.  They are very very talented, and very well coached on the offensive side of the ball.  They need work defensively, but because they are athletic they do really well in take aways.  Sound running game though slows them down by keeping the offense on the sidelines.
[/quote]

Can't wait to see them! BH may fall into that same think with Baytown Lee falling into the unacceptable ratings which means they can go to any school they want next year and BH is CLOSE ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170543" timestamp="1328208332"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95315.msg1170524#msg1170524 date=1328207820]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170501#msg1170501 date=1328206498]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why must I constantly school you ;D

1.) BH
2.) Dayton
3.) Crosby
4.)GCM
5.)Lee
6.) King
7.) GP
8.) NF
[/quote]School me ??? never... ::) I forgot bout NF... pfft.

Here are the official enrollment numbers by school along with my revised rankings :)

1st Crosby 1440
2nd Barbers Hill 1287
3rd Dayton 1443
4th Summer Creek 2019.5
5th KW Park 1664.5
6th Humble 1550
7th King 1746
8th NC Porter 1366
9th New Caney 1400

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="1170604" timestamp="1328210091"]
Is that the same HUM398 that predicted a state title for Humble when they dropped down from 5A?

Just doing my duty by stirring the pot a little bit.
[/quote]

If i outright said they would win a title, then i hand over my objectivity card.    but if i said they'd compete for a state title, then i don't take it back.  They were a very good team in 2010, and should of been equally if not better in 2011.  However injuries, attrition, and outright sub-par coaching did them in.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170490" timestamp="1328206069"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=95315.msg1170482#msg1170482 date=1328205768]
I like your top 4 BHFAN, just not sure of that exact order. Crosby should be there, Summer Creek not sure, [b]BH because of the pretty uniforms[/b] and Dayton because its what we do.
[/quote]

True Dat ;D ;D ;D

At the end of the day you never know who is going to step up. I know Crosby is returning a lot of speed and Dayton will be stacked as well minus a starting QB and the best kicker EVER ;D BH has to rebuild, but they have a lot of talent to step in plus another year for our QB to just get better.
[/quote]

Our kicker is a Junior this year, he'll be back.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170490" timestamp="1328206069"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=95315.msg1170482#msg1170482 date=1328205768]
[/quote]

True Dat ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]
You're wrong about at least one thing...last year was Juan Carranco's Junior season.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170633" timestamp="1328210787"]
Hey HUM398 I know this is a football forumn , but what can we expect from the Humble and NC schools from the other sports?
[/quote]

Humble ISD schools are very competitive across the board.  Kingwood Park is the most well rounded of all the schools, they will compete and probably win most other sports.    in basketball Humble is the Powerhouse of our district, and will likely win the title in 19-4a.  Summer Creek is still very young, and outside of football aren't very good....Track is pretty good though.

New Caney HS is a baseball power.  I expect that they will be very competitive.

The district overall has some very solid programs that will compete deep in just about every playoff.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1170667" timestamp="1328211620"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170633#msg1170633 date=1328210787]
Hey HUM398 I know this is a football forumn , but what can we expect from the Humble and NC schools from the other sports?
[/quote]

Humble ISD schools are very competitive across the board.  Kingwood Park is the most well rounded of all the schools, they will compete and probably win most other sports.    in basketball Humble is the Powerhouse of our district, and will likely win the title in 19-4a.  Summer Creek is still very young, and outside of football aren't very good....Track is pretty good though.

New Caney HS is a baseball power.  I expect that they will be very competitive.

The district overall has some very solid programs that will compete deep in just about every playoff.
[/quote]

I don't know if I would call New Caney a powerhouse in baseball.  They are at best, above average.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
  • Topics