Whos is the best in the new 19-4A

WordMan2

FYI Bhfan here's some real cheese:07-Green gets hurt out for the year 1st of the season as a jr, Gregory Charles comes in takes Dayt to semi's losing to Gilbert,LT(state champ).Cody gets healthy sr year 2008 & takes Dayt to the finals,2009 WR Peyton Ploch gets moved to 1st time ever to qb wins then gets concussion in the Crosby game and soph back-up qb Andres Herrera guides Dayton to a 3rd round last 4 min loss to Brenham(state finalist)after leading 3 3/4 qtrs.2010 jr Herrera takes Dayton on another run and boom Dayt loses Delasbour w/comp.fracture to leg in the Crosby game,soph Ryan McBride and Herrera/company team up to go another 3 rds deep losing to LaMarq(state finalist)2011 w/o Delasbour(RB) dayton goes deep again losing to finalist Manvel.Now you think the re-loading is finished-WRONG AGAIN the Purple can do while others like Liv lose 1 rb and fail to make the playoffs and here we go the Lions want a piece of us right out the gate(a team that's never beaten a Stewart coached team in 7 attemps.Senario=Stewart saw determination/talent in a 5'5 150# 3 yr qb(setx 4a mvp) that passed /ran Dayt deep losing only to 3 state finalist.Tic-tock ;D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1173246" timestamp="1328579267"]
FYI Bhfan here's some real cheese:07-Green gets hurt out for the year 1st of the season as a jr, Gregory Charles comes in takes Dayt to semi's losing to Gilbert,LT(state champ).Cody gets healthy sr year 2008 & takes Dayt to the finals,2009 WR Peyton Ploch gets moved to 1st time ever to qb wins then gets concussion in the Crosby game and soph back-up qb Andres Herrera guides Dayton to a 3rd round last 4 min loss to Brenham(state finalist)after leading 3 3/4 qtrs.2010 jr Herrera takes Dayton on another run and boom Dayt loses Delasbour w/comp.fracture to leg in the Crosby game,soph Ryan McBride and Herrera/company team up to go another 3 rds deep losing to LaMarq(state finalist)2011 w/o Delasbour(RB) dayton goes deep again losing to finalist Manvel.Now you think the re-loading is finished-WRONG AGAIN the Purple can do while others like Liv lose 1 rb and fail to make the playoffs and here we go the Lions want a piece of us right out the gate(a team that's never beaten a Stewart coached team in 7 attemps.Senario=Stewart saw determination/talent in a 5'5 150# 3 yr qb(setx 4a mvp) that passed /ran Dayt deep losing only to 3 state finalist.Tic-tock ;D
[/quote] And there you have it folks the Dayton Bronco historian guru has spoken  ;D

Not a guru or historian,but I still don't have that oldtimer disease but sadly my dad does and deceased grandpa did so until I'll speak only what i've seen the best I can remember both good and not so good.Most successful teams vs Broncos  past 16 yrs-local 1st=WOS,Nederland followed by LaMarq-FW all w/winning records vs Dayton and to my knowledge we have not 1 single playoff win against these 4,but few others do as well.There is some logic here as a # of yrs ago 4 teams didn't make the playoffs and there was not a D1/D2.Top dog played runner-up and visa versa there were no easy games if you want to call it that.Now it's a money maker playoff deal-and whup now we got live TV coverage.Stay tuned you may eventually see a former fb player on a tank just like desert storm-well close saw a Dekaney coach/others get run over by a unmanned golf cart ;) ???

[quote name="liltex" post="1173284" timestamp="1328585448"]
Not a guru or historian,but I still don't have that oldtimer disease but sadly my dad does and deceased grandpa did so until I'll speak only what i've seen the best I can remember both good and not so good.Most successful teams vs Broncos  past 16 yrs-local 1st=WOS,Nederland followed by LaMarq-FW all w/winning records vs Dayton and to my knowledge we have not 1 single playoff win against these 4,but few others do as well.There is some logic here as a # of yrs ago 4 teams didn't make the playoffs and there was not a D1/D2.Top dog played runner-up and visa versa there were no easy games if you want to call it that.Now it's a money maker playoff deal-and whup now we got live TV coverage.Stay tuned you may eventually see a former fb player on a tank just like desert storm-well close saw a Dekaney coach/others get run over by a unmanned golf cart ;) ???
[/quote]Well maybe not.. But you know the facts about the Broncos.. And I don't think anyone on here can argue with that.

Question for you liltex. With the likes of manvel lamarque being gone and brenham most likely rebuilding do you think im being crazy when I say dayton should be the team to beat in region 3. I just think we have alot of talent coming back and some of the best young talent I have seen at dayton in a while. Whats your thoughts.

Ok guys but in 09 Herrera threw for 280 yds vs El Campo-leading bronco passer/rusher vs Brenham w/68 & 63 yds.No tds but put us in position to score-AH ran for a crucial 1st dwn yardage late 4th but got hit from behind and fumbled/Cubs recovered and scored on the turnover,something that just happens=brain re-engaged momentarily ;D

That's hard question this early since in back to back years w/o Delasbour in bi-dist match-ups vs Liv/PNG from 20-4a-both nail biter games can the Broncos go deep again?Time will tell how the new position players respond to leadership but the coaching is set in stone and that gives Dayton a slight edge I think.The OL/DL will be real good,losses to graduation to the recieving core/secondary lays the ?? marks early on.Depending on what 4 teams make the playoffs Broncos could go D1 and possibly catch the likes of Nederland(alot coming back)in bi-dist and they've had good success in years past & well coached.I have been seeing players running/lifting in their yards,and doing chin ups @ Henderson/Day park on their own un-supervised,so they're working hard-a good sign

[quote name="liltex" post="1173331" timestamp="1328621059"]
Ok guys but in 09 Herrera threw for 280 yds vs El Campo-leading bronco passer/rusher vs Brenham w/68 & 63 yds.No tds but put us in position to score-[b]AH ran for a crucial 1st dwn yardage late 4th but got hit from behind and fumbled/Cubs recovered and scored on the turnover,[/b]something that just happens=brain re-engaged momentarily ;D
[/quote] Oh yeah I remember that....

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1173330" timestamp="1328620932"]
Question for you liltex. With the likes of manvel lamarque being gone and brenham most likely rebuilding [b]do you think im being crazy [/b] when I say dayton should be the team to beat in region 3. I just think we have alot of talent coming back and some of the best young talent I have seen at dayton in a while. Whats your thoughts.
[/quote]

Oh oh I know Ask Me  ;D Ask Me ;)

Question for you liltex. With the likes of manvel lamarque being gone and brenham most likely rebuilding do you think im being crazy when I say dayton should be the team to beat in region 3. I just think we have alot of talent coming back and some of the best young talent I have seen at dayton in a while. Whats your thoughts.
[/quote]There is always the chance of a deep run with the Broncos but I think we are on the upswing with the best chance in two years. Next years Sophs will be the real deal as Juniors/Seniors.

[/quote]

Ok here is my thoughts :) As long as you don't run into GCM you will be ok :) LOL Couldn't help myself ;D For real though Dayton has moved up on the food chain and will likely be Div I unless the larger teams in our district improve. There are some potentialy good teams that just moved into 4A and our Region like the Tomball Schools fresh down from 5A and Angelton not to mention Dawson, so to say Dayton is the team to beat in Regions III is a little pre mature and yes CRAZY ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1173549" timestamp="1328643798"]
Now saying bh will win a playoff game this year even im not that crazy. Saying dayton has a good shot at winning the region thats just good sense.
[/quote]

Nah that is Dayton Sense there is a BIG difference ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1173573" timestamp="1328646245"]
Now  you have to admit this knew district poses a serious threat to barbers hills tennis dominance. I would also put cross country in that same sentence.
[/quote]

True , but we will still be the WORLD CHAMPION One Act Play dominators! 8)

Oh I read breaking news on the Girls Basket ball thread that the Dayton 7th graders beat BH! Well Done ;D

Let me just acknowledge I know this is a football forum. BUT all the dayton fans and anyone who is a fan of Donkey Basketball.........

Sunday Feb.12th is Donkey Basketball At Dayton High School Gym. Time starts at 5:30 Tickets are $6 in advance call the high school to get tickets.. Or $8 at the door. There will be a concession stand open. Come see the fun as high school students , Staff, and Community Leaders ride donkeys while playing basketball. To raise money for Project Graduation.

So to keep on topic... I can't wait for football season to start  ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1173672" timestamp="1328650885"]
Smoking baby no 4a team in region3 has played in more playoff games than dayton over the last 5 years so why would anything change this year
[/quote]

Yet every year the team that wins Region III is not Dayton. Hmmmm I wonder how teams get past you guys since they don't have more playoff wins as you ???? Something is going on you should call the UIL and get a team together to find out how this is happening ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder