Whos is the best in the new 19-4A

WordMan2

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170477" timestamp="1328205556"]
Ok after some quick research and throwing in what little logic I have  ;D

Here is how we placed last year( not sure about 18-4A since it looks like a thre way tie). first number is overall second one is in district

19-4A
1st BH 9-2 & 6-1
[s]2nd[/s] Crosby 6-5 & 5-2    ehhh...WRONG!
[s]3rd [/s] Dayton 9-4 & 5-2    Yes we had a let down or two, but finished 2nd not 3rd
6th King 4-6 & 2-5

18-4A
1st Summer Creek 9-2 & 6-1
2nd KW Park 8-3 & 6-1
5th Humble 4-6 & 3-4
6th NC Porter 3-7 & 1-6
7th New Caney 2-8 & 1-6

Of course not really knowing what is returning here is my best guess for next year.

2nd Crosby
[s]3rd[/s] Summer Creek
[s]3rd Barbers Hill[/s] Wrong yet again - maybe 4th or 5th
1st Dayton
5th KW Park
6th Humble
7th King
8th NC Porter
9th New Caney
[/quote]

Summer Creek got beat like a drum by Mag. West in bi-district. Dayton beat Ma West like a stepchild. Not sure what logic you're using to put SC 3rd. If anything I would rank KP up there 2nd or 3rd. They did, afterall, beat SC in the first district game last year. I realize it's the offseason and you're probably just off your game a bit.  ;D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton will make the playoffs for sure. We are returning 14 starters and had alot of young talent. Im on the fence with crosby I know they return the twins but not much else. I think they have like 5 starters coming back. Bh lost pretty much everything. I think 5 of the seniors on their team had been on varsity since they were freshman. Its hard to replace kids like that. I dont know much about the other teams in our district but would think humble will field a good team along with kw park and summer creek.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1172064" timestamp="1328367606"]
Dayton will make the playoffs for sure. We are returning 14 starters and had alot of young talent. Im on the fence with crosby I know they return the twins but not much else. I think they have like 5 starters coming back. Bh lost pretty much everything. [b]I think 5 of the seniors on their team had been on varsity since they were freshman[/b]. Its hard to replace kids like that. I dont know much about the other teams in our district but would think humble will field a good team along with kw park and summer creek.
[/quote]

I know thats right, it seems like I  have been hearing them call out Logan McSwains name for at least 4 years.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1172027" timestamp="1328348756"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170477#msg1170477 date=1328205556]

Here is how we placed last year( not sure about 18-4A since it looks like a thre way tie). first number is overall second one is in district

19-4A
1st BH 9-2 & 6-1
[s]3rd [/s] Dayton 9-4 & 5-2    Yes we had a let down or two, but finished 2nd not 3rd
6th King 4-6 & 2-5

18-4A
2nd KW Park 8-3 & 6-1
5th Humble 4-6 & 3-4
6th NC Porter 3-7 & 1-6
7th New Caney 2-8 & 1-6

Of course not really knowing what is returning here is my best guess for next year.

2nd Crosby
[s]3rd[/s] Summer Creek
1st Dayton
5th KW Park
6th Humble
7th King
8th NC Porter
9th New Caney
[/quote]

Summer Creek got beat like a drum by Mag. West in bi-district. Dayton beat Ma West like a stepchild. Not sure what logic you're using to put SC 3rd. If anything I would rank KP up there 2nd or 3rd. They did, afterall, beat SC in the first district game last year. I realize it's the offseason and you're probably just off your game a bit.  ;D
[/quote]

Summer Creek beat KPark 42-15 (or something in that ball park).  It was over at half-time.

Summer Creek is easily number 1 or 2.    This is a much more experienced team, coming off a year where they were really young.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1172064" timestamp="1328367606"]
Dayton will make the playoffs for sure. We are returning 14 starters and had alot of young talent. Im on the fence with crosby I know they return the twins but not much else. I think they have like 5 starters coming back. Bh lost pretty much everything. I think 5 of the seniors on their team had been on varsity since they were freshman. Its hard to replace kids like that. I dont know much about the other teams in our district but would think humble will field a good team along with kw park and summer creek.
[/quote]

Humble will field a talented team, but i don't know if we will be any good this year.  Summer Creek and that unacceptable rating that gave students the ability to transfer destroyed our 2012 class.  Consequence of the district not having their house in order.  We are barren at the 2012 class level.  Now that the Unacceptable Peg list transfer policy was lifted, i am hoping we get some kids wanting to transfer back to play under a new head coach (fresh start) from that senior class.    We have a solid senior QB, and return a couple of good WR's for that senior class.  Other then that though, we will heavily rely on Sophomores and juniors to carry the load.

The JV team was pretty good.  So i know we have the talent, we are going to see what this new coach is made of.

Hint-Since 2007 we've been to 3rd round or better-twice losing to eventual state champ LT,Sulphur Sprgs,3 times to state finalists Brenham 09,LaMarque 2010,Manvel 2011 in order.16 straight playoff appearances since 96-#17 looks promising for the Broncos as more kicking records fall and almost the entire OL/DL return w/a great group of JV/9th grade moving up.

[quote name="liltex" post="1172136" timestamp="1328375935"]
Hint-Since 2007 we've been to 3rd round or better-twice losing to eventual state champ LT,Sulphur Sprgs,3 times to state finalists Brenham 09,LaMarque 2010,Manvel 2011 in order.16 straight playoff appearances since 96-#17 looks promising for the Broncos as more kicking records fall and almost the entire OL/DL return w/a great group of JV/9th grade moving up.
[/quote]

so your saying youve got a better shot at BH this year???  LOL  man i thought id never get to say that!

[quote name="HUM398" post="1172126" timestamp="1328373980"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=95315.msg1172027#msg1172027 date=1328348756]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170477#msg1170477 date=1328205556]

19-4A
1st BH 9-2 & 6-1
6th King 4-6 & 2-5

18-4A
2nd KW Park 8-3 & 6-1
5th Humble 4-6 & 3-4
6th NC Porter 3-7 & 1-6
7th New Caney 2-8 & 1-6

2nd Crosby
[s]3rd[/s] Summer Creek
1st Dayton
5th KW Park
6th Humble
7th King
8th NC Porter
9th New Caney
[/quote]

[/quote]

Summer Creek beat KPark 42-15 (or something in that ball park).  It was over at half-time.

Summer Creek is easily number 1 or 2.    This is a much more experienced team, coming off a year where they were really young.
[/quote]
My bad. Your absoulutely right 398. It was Willis that handed SC their only district loss last year, not KP.

29-4 record against old/new dist.foes since 1996. I like Dayton because 12-2 vs Crosby(getting new HC)9-1 vs King(getting new HC) 3-1 vs BH(getting new OC) 3-0 vs KWP  2-0 vs New Caney Humb(getting new HC)Summ Creek-pretty new school-NC Porter ditto 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1170589" timestamp="1328209698"]
Here are the official enrollment numbers by school along with my revised rankings :)

1st Crosby 1440
2nd Barbers Hill 1287
3rd Dayton 1443
4th Summer Creek 2019.5
5th KW Park 1664.5
6th Humble 1550
7th King 1746
8th NC Porter 1366
9th New Caney 1400
[/quote]

You know I can't wait until the season starts, you dayton, crosby and BH fans think yall will really walk in and get the top 3 spots, yall must be drunkards! I really dont believe any one of you will beat a Humble ISD team....Okay Dayton have a well established program, by the way Ryan Mcbride played little league in the best little league football area, right here in Humble...Barber Hill have a solid QB that lives right here in humble, but have to rebuild to give him help and Crosby have the twins, that Humble killed during little league  :), but they are good kids...Humble High have athletes, with a new coach anything can happen....Screek is loaded! they lost to mag west by alot bcuz #1, two TDs were called back, and they were clearly TDs, even a few mag west ppl admitted, plus the starting QB for Screek left game in 4th q with a slight concussion...Screek defense struggled all year, and relied on their offense way too much. You can't win a playoff game with bad defense..Kpark have some good up coming talent, and should be solid....here are my picks:

1.[b] Screek[/b]
2. Dayton
3. [b]Humble[/b]
4. [b]KPark[/b]
5. Crosby
6. BHill
7. Porter
8. Sheldon King
9. New Caney
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="HumbleISD" post="1172378" timestamp="1328415913"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=95315.msg1170589#msg1170589 date=1328209698]
Here are the official enrollment numbers by school along with my revised rankings :)

1st Crosby 1440
2nd Barbers Hill 1287
3rd Dayton 1443
4th Summer Creek 2019.5
5th KW Park 1664.5
6th Humble 1550
7th King 1746
8th NC Porter 1366
9th New Caney 1400
[/quote]

You know I can't wait until the season starts, you dayton, crosby and BH fans think yall will really walk in and get the top 3 spots, [b]yall must be drunkards! [/b]I really dont believe any one of you will beat a Humble ISD team....Okay Dayton have a well established program, [b]by the way Ryan Mcbride played little league in the best little league football area, right here in Humble...Barber Hill have a solid QB that lives right here in humble,[/b] but have to rebuild to give him help and Crosby have the twins, that Humble killed during little league  :), but they are good kids...Humble High have athletes, with a new coach anything can happen....Screek is loaded! they lost to mag west by alot bcuz #1, two TDs were called back, and they were clearly TDs, even a few mag west ppl admitted, plus the starting QB for Screek left game in 4th q with a slight concussion...Screek defense struggled all year, and relied on their offense way too much. You can't win a playoff game with bad defense..Kpark have some good up coming talent, and should be solid....here are my picks:

1.[b] Screek[/b]
2. Dayton
3. [b]Humble[/b]
4. [b]KPark[/b]
5. Crosby
6. BHill
7. Porter
8. Sheldon King
9. New Caney
[/quote] 1st off.. we aren't drunkards over here in Dayton despite what them people over there in BH say.. We drink alot of purple kool-aide. Maybe thats what you meant to say.. and 2nd we aren't playing peewee football.. Just because Ryan McBride played peewee over there in Humble I guess thats why he is good at what he does? Him being talented has nothing to do with it right? And BH QB being from Humble is why he is a good QB i guess. I can see right now you people over there in Humble gonna fit right in with BH, somewhere in the middle  ;D

I'm saying it right now the fight for DC will be between Crosby and Dayton. SC will probably be right behind there and the fourth spot can be anyone's. Yall underestimate the twins. They are very explosive and Dayton's track record speaks for itself and they have the best kicker in the state and are returning a lot. If Crosby can become more disciplined and get a pretty good defense then they will be right up there with Dayton.

[quote name="vp32" post="1172385" timestamp="1328418138"]
I'm saying it right now the fight for DC will be between Crosby and Dayton. SC will probably be right behind there and the fourth spot can be anyone's. Yall underestimate the twins. They are very explosive and Dayton's track record speaks for itself and they have the best kicker in the state and are returning a lot. If Crosby can become more disciplined and get a pretty good defense then they will be right up there with Dayton.
[/quote]

And you think that Summer Creek isn't as explosive or more so?

liltex...I used to travel through Dayton back then, living in Humble, and Dayton was, like Humble, a little 2A town.  Wish Humble was still that way...Nothing West of the RR tracks but cow pasture, and a pretty good overall athletic program...And virtually no crime.

In 2012, look for Dist. 19-4A to be very, very competitive.  If everyone reloads coaching staffs in Crosby and Humble the way that they have in Dayton, Summer Creek and Barbers Hill, it's going to be tough getting into the top four, which is going to make everyone stonger for the Playoffs.  Talent is a strong ingredient but coaching is the glue that puts it all together.  Wasn't that difficult in Dayton...They just closed ranks, named a HC from their staff, and kept it going.  Summer Creek brought in a proven coach, as did BH, and look at the move they've both made in two seasons.

Going to be good 19-4A teams limited to a 10 game schedule next season.  JMO

[quote name="octfeb" post="1172383" timestamp="1328416871"]
[quote author=HumbleISD link=topic=95315.msg1172378#msg1172378 date=1328415913]

1st Crosby 1440
2nd Barbers Hill 1287
3rd Dayton 1443
4th Summer Creek 2019.5
5th KW Park 1664.5
6th Humble 1550
7th King 1746
8th NC Porter 1366
9th New Caney 1400
[/quote]

You know I can't wait until the season starts, you dayton, crosby and BH fans think yall will really walk in and get the top 3 spots, [b]yall must be drunkards! [/b]I really dont believe any one of you will beat a Humble ISD team....Okay Dayton have a well established program, [b]by the way Ryan Mcbride played little league in the best little league football area, right here in Humble...Barber Hill have a solid QB that lives right here in humble,[/b] but have to rebuild to give him help and Crosby have the twins, that Humble killed during little league  :), but they are good kids...Humble High have athletes, with a new coach anything can happen....Screek is loaded! they lost to mag west by alot bcuz #1, two TDs were called back, and they were clearly TDs, even a few mag west ppl admitted, plus the starting QB for Screek left game in 4th q with a slight concussion...Screek defense struggled all year, and relied on their offense way too much. You can't win a playoff game with bad defense..Kpark have some good up coming talent, and should be solid....here are my picks:

1.[b] Screek[/b]
2. Dayton
3. [b]Humble[/b]
4. [b]KPark[/b]
5. Crosby
6. BHill
7. Porter
8. Sheldon King
9. New Caney
[/quote] [b]1st off.. we aren't drunkards over here in Dayton despite what them people over there in BH say.. We drink alot of purple kool-aide. Maybe thats what you meant to say.. and 2nd we aren't playing peewee football.. Just because Ryan McBride played peewee over there in Humble I guess thats why he is good at what he does? Him being talented has nothing to do with it right? And BH QB being from Humble is why he is a good QB i guess. I can see right now you people over there in Humble gonna fit right in with BH, somewhere in the middle  ;D
[/quote][/b]
Yup....yu are absolutely right...that's why the 2 are decent(mcbride and BH QB) they learned from the best....(Humble)....and as far as us fitting in with BH.......we have our own identity, you will see soon enough... :P

[quote name="HUM398" post="1172391" timestamp="1328433703"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95315.msg1172385#msg1172385 date=1328418138]
[/quote]

And you think that Summer Creek isn't as explosive or more so?
[/quote]
No i don't see any players that they have being as explosive as the twins.

[quote name="HumbleISD" post="1172417" timestamp="1328455714"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=95315.msg1172383#msg1172383 date=1328416871]
[quote author=HumbleISD link=topic=95315.msg1172378#msg1172378 date=1328415913]

1st Crosby 1440
2nd Barbers Hill 1287
3rd Dayton 1443
4th Summer Creek 2019.5
5th KW Park 1664.5
6th Humble 1550
7th King 1746
8th NC Porter 1366
9th New Caney 1400
[/quote]

1.[b] Screek[/b]
2. Dayton
3. [b]Humble[/b]
4. [b]KPark[/b]
5. Crosby
6. BHill
7. Porter
8. Sheldon King
9. New Caney
[/quote] [b]1st off.. we aren't drunkards over here in Dayton despite what them people over there in BH say.. We drink alot of purple kool-aide. Maybe thats what you meant to say.. and 2nd we aren't playing peewee football.. Just because Ryan McBride played peewee over there in Humble I guess thats why he is good at what he does? Him being talented has nothing to do with it right? And BH QB being from Humble is why he is a good QB i guess. I can see right now you people over there in Humble gonna fit right in with BH, somewhere in the middle  ;D
[/quote][/b]
Yup....yu are absolutely right...that's why the 2 are decent(mcbride and BH QB) they learned from the best....(Humble)....and as far as us fitting in with BH.......we have our own identity, you will see soon enough... :P
[/quote]
If you wanna talk little league man Vidor came to a tournament one year with the likes of David Bolinger, Devin Collins, Zayne Simmons, Austin Powell, and several others who played and destroyed any and all teams. That included a Humble team and a South County team who included Leroy Dobbins. Noone touched them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012