**#5 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs #4 SILSBEE BROADCAST**/HJ wins 79-74

Lazeek

[quote name="ST413" post="1169474" timestamp="1328077989"]
And if any of those listed teams aren't upset by anyone not listed both HJ and Silsbee will have to face two of those listed just to get to Huntsville. 1st place would play Navasota in third round and second would face Coldspring.
[/quote]

No easy games in the playoffs this year!!!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1169471" timestamp="1328077471"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=95160.msg1169468#msg1169468 date=1328077165]
This could be the strongest Region 3 has been in a long time!!!!!  About 6-8 different teams that could win the Region!!!
[/quote]

I agree.

LaVega, HJ, Silsbee, Brookshire Royal, Sealy, Mexia, Coldspring, and Navasota are all capable of winning Region III.

21-3A #1 seed would likely see Sealy in 2nd round, LaVega regional semis. 21-3A #2 seed would see Brookshire Royal in 2nd round, LaVega in regional finals.
[/quote]I would prefer to see the 21-3A #1 seed meet the 21-3A #2 seed in the finals. Let the #1 seed send LaVega packing to go home after the semi's.

[quote name="ST413" post="1169477" timestamp="1328078805"]
wow just went back and looked at The Tigers did a great job on the boards tonight only getting outrebounded by 2 by a much larger team.  The glaring difference in the stats was the 3's everything else was pretty even.
[/quote]

I would venture to say that Elam had at least 12-14 Rebounds last night.

Well who ever wins state this year hj or Silsbee better enjoy it because if Yates moves down and I hope not nobody is going to win state but them ,heck they might even score 200 points on somebody if they move to 3a . Last Tuesday night Yates beat Houston lee 170-35 and had 105 by halftime no one in 3a can match that so uil do the right thing and keep Yates in 4a so Silsbee and hj can keep battling it out for state.

I'm not from HJ or Silsbee so that being said awesome game. #10 for HJ is a beast and could totally dominate silsbee if he played hard the whole game. Silsbee is super fast and very much the better team HJ just has 2 better basketball players in #10 and #12. HJ sucked at rebounding last night I seen them play Nederland earlier in the year and didn't remember them not rebounding good. Awesome game hope they play again at a larger place so i dont have to get there 4 hours early.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1169539" timestamp="1328104954"]
I'm not from HJ or Silsbee so that being said awesome game. #10 for HJ is a beast and could totally dominate silsbee if he played hard the whole game. Silsbee is super fast and very much the better team HJ just has 2 better basketball players in #10 and #12. HJ sucked at rebounding last night I seen them play Nederland earlier in the year and didn't remember them not rebounding good. Awesome game hope they play again at a larger place so i dont have to get there 4 hours early.
[/quote]

Thank you for your insight.  I have two questions that I am sure you will find easy to answer.  If you had to match speed and quickness with a team like Silsbee, might you, at some point, be tired and not appear to be "playing hard"?  When you speak of who is the better team, there are many people who feel that this is determined at the end of the game.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1169557" timestamp="1328106692"]
I have seen him play several times and I just don't believe he gives his all. He is the best player in the area in my opinion as is and as far as the best team i was meaning playing team ball together knowing when and where your teammate was gonna be somewhere.
[/quote]

If he is the best player in the area, he knows where his teammates are.  In the case of last night, there are many instances where the defense creates the illusion someone is being left open and about the time the ball leaves your hands, the gap is closed and a steal is executed.  You obviously didnt see, late in the game, the pass he made to the post man under the basket that would have locked the game up if pass had not slipped through the post mans hands.  I remember few if any turnovers by Prudhomme which, in this case, is a very big stat in itself.  Therefore, I suggest to you that he made many wise choices which just dont happen to show up in the stats book.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1169593" timestamp="1328108340"]
and I'm pretty sure after HJ lost the first time you still felt like HJ was the better team
[/quote]

I thought that this year was gonna be a year that HJ beat Silsbee both times.  I was wrong.  Silsbee and HJ are both very good this year, and as evenly matched as they have been in a long time.

But, I still felt that HJ was the better team after Silsbee beat them.  Even after HJ won last night I feel that HJ is better, but both teams are very close!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1169606" timestamp="1328108901"]
I think Silsbee has a very good chance in the playoffs if they can stay out of foul trouble and rebound like they did last night.
[/quote]

I think you are right.  However, they will have to shoot a higher percentage on threes or not take as many in the playoffs.

Guest speechless
[quote]Im not bashing the kid  I'm saying he could be great if he gave a little more. He played great last night just think his hustle doesn't match his talent.[/quote]

Unless you spend every day with the kid you ought to reserve judgement on whether his effort matches his talent.  You got no clue.

Silsbee may have to get used to getting in foul trouble since they will be undersized in the playoffs.  If the other team have a halfway decent coach, they will be able to put their big men in position to do damage.  If any big gets the ball where they want it, Silsbee will have to commit a foul or give up a layup.  This is where good bench play comes into effect.  Silsbee will need to deal with the fact that they may be in a position being in foul trouble.  They can counteract this with tenacious defense, easy layups/buckets and you have to hit those 3 pointers.

Guest speechless
[quote]Isn't he just giving his honestly opinion? I thought that's what this board is for. Just saying.[/quote]

I don't care what it's for...I'm not okay with high school kids being spoken poorly of on it especially when it is likely that this person has little clue regarding his effort except for what he/she thinks they saw in one game

Just like guard play rules the NCAA tournament, the same applies to high school playoff basketball! Silsbee WILL have a shot in the playoffs because their guards defend well and are some of the fastest I have seen in a good while...As long as they don't try to shoot the three ball as many times as they did last night, they should be a formidable opponent for any of the region 3 squads in the playoffs..I really liked the #11 kid from Silsbee that fouled out...He can really play, and he has a little length on him...#10 as well...those kids BOTH have, as stevenash refers to, as sweet mid range jumpers! 8)

[quote name="speechless" post="1169630" timestamp="1328110060"]
[quote]Isn't he just giving his honestly opinion? I thought that's what this board is for. Just saying.[/quote]

I don't care what it's for...I'm not okay with high school kids being spoken poorly of on it especially when it is likely that this person has little clue regarding his effort except for what he/she thinks they saw in one game
[/quote]
Maybe you didn't see but the guy say he saw more than one game and its not he's bashing the kid i mean come on man he's simply saying that HE THINKS the kid could show a lil more hustle. That's it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476