**#5 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs #4 SILSBEE BROADCAST**/HJ wins 79-74

Lazeek

Guest speechless
[quote]The only negative that I see is that he has a "Thoroughbreds" nature and that gets him in more trouble than he needs on the court.  With a little more discipline, the top of that
can is off.[/quote]

You should watch more closely....

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1169851" timestamp="1328127715"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95160.msg1169848#msg1169848 date=1328126882]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=95160.msg1169843#msg1169843 date=1328126237]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95160.msg1169773#msg1169773 date=1328121309]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=95160.msg1169764#msg1169764 date=1328120806]
Often times role player's efforts tend to get overlooked in the midst of who scored the most points. Both Silsbee and HJ have several athletes that fit this mold.  How about a point guard that resist taking a shot and makes an assist, the guy that grabs double digit rebounds, a hustler thats plays great defense or as simple as a player who consistently makes clean passes against pressure.  By the way,  I would take my chances with Shawn on a bad night versus most others on a good night.  Great kid on and off the court.  It amazes me when folks belittle others without a second thought especially when the accuser has never walked in the shoes he criticized.
[/quote]

I believe the correct word is E N V Y.
[/quote]
At age 74, I've seen a little basketball talent over the years.  I know, I know - the game is a great deal
different since my day, but I've kept up pretty well over the years.  All of this is to say that I agree that Prudhomme is one of those rare talents.  The only negative that I see is that he has a "Thoroughbreds" nature and that gets him in more trouble than he needs on the court.  With a little more discipline, the top of that
can is off.  I hope that the coming maturity will do the
trick because he has the talent and coaching. 8)
PS:  Anyone out there old enough to remember when girls basketball was played "Half court" with 6 players on the floor?  If yes, we need to talk. ;)
[/quote]

I'll bet you looked up to and admired Paul Arizin and George Mikan.
[/quote]
Paul Arizin was the originator of the 'Jump shot" you know.  Where would the game be today without him? ;D

George Mikan was recognized as the first man to play like a "Big Man."  But you know that, don't you?
[/quote]

Tigervoice I hope to meet you in the playoff pal. Hope Silsbee come this way for a few games.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1169884" timestamp="1328131521"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=95160.msg1169851#msg1169851 date=1328127715]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95160.msg1169848#msg1169848 date=1328126882]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=95160.msg1169843#msg1169843 date=1328126237]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95160.msg1169773#msg1169773 date=1328121309]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=95160.msg1169764#msg1169764 date=1328120806]
Often times role player's efforts tend to get overlooked in the midst of who scored the most points. Both Silsbee and HJ have several athletes that fit this mold.  How about a point guard that resist taking a shot and makes an assist, the guy that grabs double digit rebounds, a hustler thats plays great defense or as simple as a player who consistently makes clean passes against pressure.  By the way,  I would take my chances with Shawn on a bad night versus most others on a good night.  Great kid on and off the court.  It amazes me when folks belittle others without a second thought especially when the accuser has never walked in the shoes he criticized.
[/quote]

I believe the correct word is E N V Y.
[/quote]
At age 74, I've seen a little basketball talent over the years.  I know, I know - the game is a great deal
different since my day, but I've kept up pretty well over the years.  All of this is to say that I agree that Prudhomme is one of those rare talents.  The only negative that I see is that he has a "Thoroughbreds" nature and that gets him in more trouble than he needs on the court.  With a little more discipline, the top of that
can is off.  I hope that the coming maturity will do the
trick because he has the talent and coaching. 8)
PS:  Anyone out there old enough to remember when girls basketball was played "Half court" with 6 players on the floor?  If yes, we need to talk. ;)
[/quote]

I'll bet you looked up to and admired Paul Arizin and George Mikan.
[/quote]
Paul Arizin was the originator of the 'Jump shot" you know.  Where would the game be today without him? ;D

George Mikan was recognized as the first man to play like a "Big Man."  But you know that, don't you?
[/quote]

Tigervoice I hope to meet you in the playoff pal. Hope Silsbee come this way for a few games.
[/quote]
Thank  you, but I don't see so well at night these days.  It's hard for me to travel to the out of town games.  That's why I love SETXsports and Mike's broadcasts.  Other than an occasional grammatical error, he does a great job!!!  I taught him everything, you know. ;D 8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="speechless" post="1169854" timestamp="1328128012"]
[quote]The only negative that I see is that he has a "Thoroughbreds" nature and that gets him in more trouble than he needs on the court.  With a little more discipline, the top of that
can is off.[/quote]

You should watch more closely....
[/quote]
Well, you take part of my post and highlight that part and, of course, true to your nature, you don't mention my compliments in the other 3/4's of the post.  The world needs vultures like you to clean up the roadkill.  I havn't see him as many time as you (I guess) but you are contesting my contention that he plays a little out of
control at times?  You go back and learn the game.

Guest speechless
TV,

I understand the game fairly well.  I did not take your comment as he plays "out of control"....I took it differently than that....if "out of control" is what you meant then I think that could be said about many a player playing against Silsbee's quickness and speed....or HJ for that matter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline