**#5 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs #4 SILSBEE BROADCAST**/HJ wins 79-74

Lazeek

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1169557" timestamp="1328106692"]
I have seen him play several times and I just don't believe he gives his all. He is the best player in the area in my opinion as is and as far as the best team i was meaning playing team ball together knowing when and where your teammate was gonna be somewhere.
[/quote]
Sometimes to the untrained eye, or if you're not AROUND HIM EVERYDAY, it may seem that way..From what I saw, the kid plays very hard...but of course I am not around him every day, but I think he played pretty darn hard last night..Sometimes good players make it appear effortless... 8)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="vp32" post="1169633" timestamp="1328110170"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=95160.msg1169630#msg1169630 date=1328110060]
[quote]Isn't he just giving his honestly opinion? I thought that's what this board is for. Just saying.[/quote]

I don't care what it's for...I'm not okay with high school kids being spoken poorly of on it especially when it is likely that this person has little clue regarding his effort except for what he/she thinks they saw in one game
[/quote]
Maybe you didn't see but the guy say he saw more than one game and its not he's bashing the kid i mean come on man he's simply saying that HE THINKS the kid could show a lil more hustle. That's it.
[/quote]

Ok- and I THINK the thinker knows NOTHING about what he is saying.  The aformentioned player plays as hard as anyone does and does so consistently.  When he had 4 fouls, I saw him twice decide NOT to contest a putback (which he would have swatted easily) because he was playing with 4 fouls ( I also saw the frustration on his face for not being able to do so)  The "appearance" could very easily have been interpreted as "not playing hard" when is was, instead, playing "intelligently".  And I am very confident that playing intelligently is far more important than having sufficient sweat on your face or breathing hard enough to convince a spectator that you are giving your all.  A game as fast paced as this one will wear many a player out and while Silsbee is the faster/quicker team, it took it's toll on them as well as evidenced by the number of players who fouled out.  The player in question managed to lead the team in scoring, had the fewest turnovers and was smart enough to keep himself in the game when he needed to be there.  In my opinion, that trumps the "you know what" out of "not looking" like he played hard.  When Tim Tebow throws a pass, it looks much more labored and like a bigger effort than when Aaron Rogers throws one, but I seriously doubt he is playing any "harder" than Rogers.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1169658" timestamp="1328111250"]
In addition if you think that HJ is a two man show, then once again, you are WAY OFF...The Johnson kid (#3) is as good as any in the entire area..Maybe some of you guys should write some notes down BEFORE you post, look at it, and if it sounds crazy...reconsider.... ::)
[/quote]
Maybe you should consider your own advice.

[quote name="vp32" post="1169660" timestamp="1328111397"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95160.msg1169658#msg1169658 date=1328111250]
In addition if you think that HJ is a two man show, then once again, you are WAY OFF...The Johnson kid (#3) is as good as any in the entire area..Maybe some of you guys should write some notes down BEFORE you post, look at it, and if it sounds crazy...reconsider.... ::)
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why do you think I said it? Because I KNEW one of my fans would say that...Thanks for proving me right...again... 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1169658" timestamp="1328111250"]
[/quote]

You are spot on Dickie V.  However, if we would have made a bunch of noise when the first player rankings came out about him not being on there we would catch 9 kinds of hell because we are "homers."

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1169664" timestamp="1328111592"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95160.msg1169660#msg1169660 date=1328111397]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95160.msg1169658#msg1169658 date=1328111250]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why do you think I said it? Because I KNEW one of my fans would say that...Thanks for proving me right...again... 8)
[/quote]
You are annoyingly self absorbed.

[quote name="vp32" post="1169667" timestamp="1328111711"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95160.msg1169664#msg1169664 date=1328111592]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why, thank you...One of my more interesting qualities! :D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1169669" timestamp="1328111831"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95160.msg1169667#msg1169667 date=1328111711]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95160.msg1169664#msg1169664 date=1328111592]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why, thank you...One of my more interesting qualities! :D
[/quote]
Your welcome.  8)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1169606" timestamp="1328108901"]
I think Silsbee has a very good chance in the playoffs if they can stay out of foul trouble and rebound like they did last night.
[/quote]that is what I think will get them eliminated. They will run into a refereeing corp that will call the game close and Silsbee will suffer because of it.

Often times role player's efforts tend to get overlooked in the midst of who scored the most points. Both Silsbee and HJ have several athletes that fit this mold.  How about a point guard that resist taking a shot and makes an assist, the guy that grabs double digit rebounds, a hustler thats plays great defense or as simple as a player who consistently makes clean passes against pressure.  By the way,  I would take my chances with Shawn on a bad night versus most others on a good night.  Great kid on and off the court.  It amazes me when folks belittle others without a second thought especially when the accuser has never walked in the shoes he criticized.

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1169764" timestamp="1328120806"]
Often times role player's efforts tend to get overlooked in the midst of who scored the most points. Both Silsbee and HJ have several athletes that fit this mold.  How about a point guard that resist taking a shot and makes an assist, the guy that grabs double digit rebounds, a hustler thats plays great defense or as simple as a player who consistently makes clean passes against pressure.  By the way,  I would take my chances with Shawn on a bad night versus most others on a good night.  Great kid on and off the court.  It amazes me when folks belittle others without a second thought especially when the accuser has never walked in the shoes he criticized.
[/quote]

I believe the correct word is E N V Y.

Let's just call him GOD from now on. I wasn't bashing the kid or if you took it that way I apologize. I said he didn't hustle all the time . Just like always people took it as a negative statement I also said he was the best player in the area. I have no envy for him hope my kid gets to that point where Shawn is.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1169773" timestamp="1328121309"]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=95160.msg1169764#msg1169764 date=1328120806]
[/quote]

[/quote]
At age 74, I've seen a little basketball talent over the years.  I know, I know - the game is a great deal
different since my day, but I've kept up pretty well over the years.  All of this is to say that I agree that Prudhomme is one of those rare talents.  The only negative that I see is that he has a "Thoroughbreds" nature and that gets him in more trouble than he needs on the court.  With a little more discipline, the top of that
can is off.  I hope that the coming maturity will do the
trick because he has the talent and coaching. 8)
PS:  Anyone out there old enough to remember when girls basketball was played "Half court" with 6 players on the floor?  If yes, we need to talk. ;)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1169843" timestamp="1328126237"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95160.msg1169773#msg1169773 date=1328121309]
[/quote]

[/quote]
At age 74, I've seen a little basketball talent over the years.  I know, I know - the game is a great deal
different since my day, but I've kept up pretty well over the years.  All of this is to say that I agree that Prudhomme is one of those rare talents.  The only negative that I see is that he has a "Thoroughbreds" nature and that gets him in more trouble than he needs on the court.  With a little more discipline, the top of that
PS:  Anyone out there old enough to remember when girls basketball was played "Half court" with 6 players on the floor?  If yes, we need to talk. ;)
[/quote]

I'll bet you looked up to and admired Paul Arizin and George Mikan.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1169848" timestamp="1328126882"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=95160.msg1169843#msg1169843 date=1328126237]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95160.msg1169773#msg1169773 date=1328121309]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll bet you looked up to and admired Paul Arizin and George Mikan.
[/quote]
Paul Arizin was the originator of the 'Jump shot" you know.  Where would the game be today without him? ;D

George Mikan was recognized as the first man to play like a "Big Man."  But you know that, don't you?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami