2012 SETX Top 25 Player Rankings/UPDATED FEB.15TH

Folks, this is by no means THE LIST, but I have seen every team that we cover in our area and this is just my opinion on who the top players are.

I encourage everyone to post any players that I may have left off that you feel need to be on the list. Also, debate as to who is too high, too low, or not even be on the list. Like I said, just one man's opinion, the list can be tweaked. Remember, just players from our coverage area and they have to be varsity players, no JV or 9th.

1. Shawn Prudhomme  sr. Hardin-Jefferson
2. Kristian Smith    sr. Beaumont Central
3. Trey Green    sr. Beaumont Ozen
4. Jordan Holmes  jr.  Silsbee
5. Colton Weisbrod  soph.  Nederland
6. Tremonte Stewert  jr.  Crosby
7. Michael Zeno  soph.  Beaumont West Brook
8. Torian Lott    soph. Port Arthur Memorial
9. Chris Elam      jr.    Silsbee
10. Zach English  jr.  Nederland
11. Jordan Wells  sr.  Little Cypress-Mauriceville
12. Garrison Mitchell  soph.  Beaumont Central
13. Laquarious Page  soph.  West Orange-Stark
14. Zori Bosha      soph.    Hardin-Jefferson
15. Deven Murphy      sr.    Evadale
16. Jerrell Sykes        jr.  Coldspring
17. Cameron Malveaux  sr.  Hamshire-Fannett                                                                                   
18. Jayce Nelson        sr.  Port Neches-Groves
19. Kelton Gaines          sr.  Silsbee                                                                                         
20. Dale Dean        sr.    Newton
21. Alex Rowlett      sr.  Barbers Hill
22. Demarquis Chretien  sr.  Beaumont West Brook
23.  Devonte Johnson  jr. Hardin-Jefferson
24. Josh Simmons        sr.  West Orange-Stark
25. Donovan Ford        sr.  Port Arthur Memorial

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1166472" timestamp="1327612357"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94926.msg1166470#msg1166470 date=1327612230]
Dunk count? Naw, I'm kidding. What are these players stats for the season thus far?
[/quote]

Good question. How about you go find them for me?
[/quote]Heck, If I knew them, I would post them.  Basketball stats are hard to find.  You know that.

1. Shawn Prudhomme  sr. Hardin-Jefferson
2. Kristian Smith    sr. Beaumont Central
3. Trey Green    sr. Beaumont Ozen
4. Jordan Holmes  jr.  Silsbee
5. Colton Weisbrod  soph.  Nederland
[b]6. Tremonte Stewert  jr.  Crosby[/b]7. Michael Zeno  soph.  Beaumont West Brook
[b]8. Torian Lott    soph. Port Arthur Memorial[/b]9. Chris Elam      jr.    Silsbee
10. Zach English  jr.  Nederland
11. Jordan Wells  sr.  Little Cypress-Mauriceville
12. Garrett Mitchell  soph.  Beaumont Central
13. Laquarious Page  soph.  West Orange-Stark
14. Zori Bosha      soph.    Hardin-Jefferson
15. Deven Murphy      sr.    Evadale
16. Sherman Gilbert    sr.  Coldspring
17. Jayce Nelson        sr.  Port Neches-Groves
18. Cameron Malveaux  sr.  Hamshire-Fannett
19. Dale Dean        sr.    Newton
20. Alex Rowlett      sr.  Barbers Hill
21. Demarquis Chretien  sr.  Beaumont West Brook
22. Kelton Gaines          sr.  Silsbee
23. Josh Simmons        sr.  West Orange-Stark
[b]24. Donovan Ford        sr.  Port Arthur Memorial[/b]25. Will Long              sr.  Lumberton

Port Arthur Heat Players Congrats fellas!!!!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166537" timestamp="1327621921"]
Dorian Chatman.......6'6"......Freshman....PA Memorial....

How is this kid not on this list! HE'S A DIAPER DANDY!!!!!! :D
[/quote]

He, along with Johnson, were two that I pondered long and hard over about being on the list.

[b]Jerrel Sykes [/b] from Coldspring is a major player and was All-Region last year. The problem this year, our district is so weak and Coach Northrup's style of basketball (continous press/ guard related half court offense) some very talented players on our team go unnoticed. They will shine once we play some talent and forces the coach to use his 6'3 post ([b]Lamar Denson[/b]) and his 6'4" forward/center ([b]Casey Lilley[/b]). For now they do the non-clamourious jobs, like set picks, rebounds, screens, and shut down people on Defense. Once Play-offs start we will see who's left on top of the list.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1166470" timestamp="1327612230"]
What are these players stats for the season thus far?
[/quote]
Stats can cause some players to APPEAR that they are better than others, because of their position OR playing on a high scoring team. In addition, Basketball IQ is also an immeasurable stat which I believe would move a couple of players on here in opposite directions.

[quote name="captredass" post="1166548" timestamp="1327624332"]
[b]Jerrel Sykes [/b] from Coldspring is a major player and was All-Region last year. The problem this year, our district is so weak and Coach Northrup's style of basketball (continous press/ guard related half court offense) some very talented players on our team go unnoticed. They will shine once we play some talent and forces the coach to use his 6'3 post ([b]Lamar Denson[/b]) and his 6'4" forward/center ([b]Casey Lilley[/b]). For now they do the non-clamourious jobs, like set picks, rebounds, screens, and shut down people on Defense. Once Play-offs start we will see who's left on top of the list.
[/quote]
Keep in mind that not many of us have seen CS play this season. Plus, this list was comprised by one person's opinion. It is a good start, but it is not an official list. AAW asked for our opinions so that the list can be debated (for entertainment purposes). Whether he will move players up
or down based on people's opinions, I have no idea?

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1166552" timestamp="1327625082"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=94926.msg1166548#msg1166548 date=1327624332]
[/quote]
Keep in mind that not many of us have seen CS play this season. Plus, this list was comprised by one person's opinion. It is a good start, [b]but it is not an official list.[/b] AAW asked for our opinions so that the list can be debated (for entertainment purposes). Whether he will move players up
[/quote]

Just asking, what would make the list official?

I'm not complaining or protesting the list, just saying watch these 3 players shine when the team needs them or the coach calls their number. I've seen moments of athleticism displayed and for now they are team players and very unselfish with the ball. It is tough to spread the work or see anything special when the teams we play can't break the press. Just keep a eye on them when the playoffs start.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1166555" timestamp="1327625602"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94926.msg1166552#msg1166552 date=1327625082]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=94926.msg1166548#msg1166548 date=1327624332]
[b]Jerrel Sykes [/b] from Coldspring is a major player and was All-Region last year. The problem this year, our district is so weak and Coach Northrup's style of basketball (continous press/ guard related half court offense) some very talented players on our team go unnoticed. They will shine once we play some talent and forces the coach to use his 6'3 post
([b]Lamar Denson[/b]) and his 6'4" forward/center ([b]Casey Lilley[/b]). For now they do the non-clamourious jobs, like set picks, rebounds, screens, and shut down people on Defense. Once Play-offs start we will see who's left on top of the list.
[/quote]
Keep in mind that not many of us have seen CS play this season. Plus, this list was comprised by one person's opinion. It is a good start, [b]but it is not an official list.[/b] AAW asked for our opinions so that the list can be debated (for entertainment purposes). Whether he will move players up
[/quote]

[/quote]
An official list usually comes from the opinions of multiple people. In your disclaimer, you stated that "this is by no means THE LIST". You went on further to say that this is "just one's man opinion". Sorry if I read it wrong, but it doesn't seem like an official list based on your disclaimer. I realize a few people asked you to compile a list, and I appreciate your time and efforts in doing so.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1166573" timestamp="1327630258"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94926.msg1166555#msg1166555 date=1327625602]
[b]Jerrel Sykes [/b] from Coldspring is a major player and was All-Region last year. The problem this year, our district is so weak and Coach Northrup's style of basketball (continous press/ guard related half court offense) some very talented players on our team go unnoticed. They will shine once we play some talent and forces the coach to use his 6'3 post
([b]Lamar Denson[/b]) and his 6'4" forward/center ([b]Casey Lilley[/b]). For now they do the non-clamourious jobs, like set picks, rebounds, screens, and shut down people on Defense. Once Play-offs start we will see who's left on top of the list.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
An official list usually comes from the opinions of multiple people. In your disclaimer, you stated that "this is by no means THE LIST". You went on further to say that this is "just one's man opinion". Sorry if I read it wrong, but it doesn't seem like an official list based on your disclaimer. I realize a few people asked you to compile a list, and I appreciate your time and efforts in doing so.
[/quote]

Wasn't claiming that this list should be official. Was just asking what it would take for it to be official.

What exactly would be an "official" list?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1166575" timestamp="1327630712"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94926.msg1166573#msg1166573 date=1327630258]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94926.msg1166555#msg1166555 date=1327625602]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
An official list usually comes from the opinions of multiple people. In your disclaimer, you stated that "this is by no means THE LIST". You went on further to say that this is "just one's man opinion". Sorry if I read it wrong, but it doesn't seem like an official list based on your disclaimer. I realize a few people asked you to compile a list, and I appreciate your
time and efforts in doing so.
[/quote]

Wasn't claiming that this list should be official. Was just asking what it would take for it to be official.

What exactly would be an "official" list?
[/quote]
Usually an official list comes from the opinions of multiple coaches and /or multiple sports writers, and not from one person's opinion. Sorry, maybe I should have said in my comment that this is not 'THE LIST' instead of using the words 'official list'. I think the words used in that manner are interchangable. Just MY opinion  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1166555" timestamp="1327625602"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Start a new list with real experts ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1166580" timestamp="1327632060"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who would those experts be?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1166582" timestamp="1327632120"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94926.msg1166580#msg1166580 date=1327632060]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who would those experts be?
[/quote]Start off by having no Aggies ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami