TENAHA HOLIDAY HOOPS THREAD/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

Tuesday Games:

San Augustine vs. Lipan, 9:00 a.m.
Leggett vs. Edgewood, 12:00 p.m.
Garrison vs. Kountze, 10:30 a.m.

[i]Winner's Bracket[/i]
Mount Enterprise/White Oak winner vs. San Augustine/Lipan winner, 6:30 p.m.
Leggett/Edgewood winner vs. Stamford/Chireno winner, 8:00 p.m.
Garrison/Kountze winner vs. Nacogdoches Central Heights/Saltillo winner, 5:00 p.m.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1151345" timestamp="1325087258"]
I don't think we got a good true point guard.. definitely don't have size.. and young players .. [b]but the guard play will come next season hopefully :-)[/b][/quote]

If they're not lured away by another school...  :-X ;)

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1151349" timestamp="1325087931"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=93489.msg1151345#msg1151345 date=1325087258]
I don't think we got a good true point guard.. definitely don't have size.. and young players .. [b]but the guard play will come next season hopefully :-)[/b][/quote]

If they're not lured away by another school...  :-X ;)
[/quote]OUch!

Any idea who's gonna step up next year for the Lions? I don't understand the up-and-down this year. I mean they've got some talent, but what's going on? At least the JV kids seem to have it together game-in and game-out. Maybe a few of them will make a good transition next season. Any opinions? I'm interested in getting other folks' takes on this.

[quote name="Tedlevon" post="1151582" timestamp="1325111770"]
Any idea who's gonna step up next year for the Lions? I don't understand the up-and-down this year. I mean they've got some talent, but what's going on? At least the JV kids seem to have it together game-in and game-out. Maybe a few of them will make a good transition next season. Any opinions? I'm interested in getting other folks' takes on this.
[/quote] Why are u talking about next year a lot of basketball left this year any thing can happen.

[quote name="Tedlevon" post="1151582" timestamp="1325111770"]
[/quote]

The ugly truth is that next year Graylond Arnold is supposed to step in at PG, as a TRUE FRESHMAN. From what I've heard he is and will be better than all three of the Hancock guards that came through Kountze.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1151611" timestamp="1325116001"]
[quote author=Tedlevon link=topic=93489.msg1151582#msg1151582 date=1325111770]
[/quote]

The ugly truth is that next year Graylond Arnold is supposed to step in at PG, as a TRUE FRESHMAN. From what I've heard he is and will be better than all three of the Hancock guards that came through Kountze.
[/quote]

Yep, he'll look good in Tiger maroon and white. ;)

Not short-selling Kountze on this season; being new in town, I asked some people at the games-they've basically told me that a lot of the talent will be gone after this year. I was wondering what the make-up of the program was and how it will all pan out. I'm enjoying watching them play and hope they can right the ship. If half the things I hear about the coaches there are true (especially Coach Joubert), then they should be able to overcome a shaky start to this season. Didn't mean to imply that the season was lost. Sorry if I sounded gloomy.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1151614" timestamp="1325116277"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=93489.msg1151611#msg1151611 date=1325116001]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dream on AAW lol he is gonna follow in his older sisters footsteps and be a Kountze great;-)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1151614" timestamp="1325116277"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=93489.msg1151611#msg1151611 date=1325116001]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keep dreamin. Too much family history and tradition in Kountze for him to leave. ;) ;D

[quote name="Tedlevon" post="1151621" timestamp="1325117563"]
Not short-selling Kountze on this season; being new in town, I asked some people at the games-they've basically [b]told me that a lot of the talent will be gone after this year.[/b] I was wondering what the make-up of the program was and how it will all pan out. I'm enjoying watching them play and hope they can right the ship. [/quote]

I actually think its the opposite. We have few freshmen playing Varsity this year and a JV squad that's pretty good. We only lose Haynes, Linn and Warren this year. I'm actually anxious to see what D. Harper will do once he's cleared to play next week.

I've watched Kountze several times this year and youth isn't their problem.They are the smallest on the press I've ever seen a Lions club be so they are not getting the turnovers to run the break.The biggest trouble I've seen in the half court game is they don't have anyone to put pressure on the middle of the defense to open Linn up behind the arc.They basically have 4 people watching the man with the ball on the offensive end.On the bright side they have a guy on the bench that won't rest until he gets them lined out.They will finish in the top 2 in the district this year but I don't see a long playoff run for the Lions this year.It's dangerous to put all your eggs in a freshmans basket no matter how good he is projected to be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124