Lamar at Kentucky----Wednesday, 7:30pm

Lazeek

Lamar Men's Basketball team continues their brutal OOC schedule with their 3rd team ranked in the Top 10 in the country this week as the Cards take on the #3 ranked Kentucky Wildcats in Rupp Arena!!!

My son (Little Lazeek) and I are getting to travel with the team.  We leave on a bus from the Montagne on Tuesday and ride to Bush Airport to catch a flight into Lexington.  Stay at the team hotel, eat all meals with the team, go to the shoot around and then attend the game on Wednesday night.  My son and I are both very excited about traveling with the team.  Watch the Cards and the Wildcats on ESPNU at 7:30 on Wednesday night!!!!

Guest beechnut
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1150911" timestamp="1324966579"]
Lamar Men's Basketball team continues their brutal OOC schedule with their 3rd team ranked in the Top 10 in the country this week as the Cards take on the #3 ranked Kentucky Wildcats in Rupp Arena!!!

My son (Little Lazeek) and I are getting to travel with the team.  We leave on a bus from the Montagne on Tuesday and ride to Bush Airport to catch a flight into Lexington.  Stay at the team hotel, eat all meals with the team, go to the shoot around and then attend the game on Wednesday night.  My son and I are both very excited about traveling with the team.  Watch the Cards and the Wildcats on ESPNU at 7:30 on Wednesday night!!!!
[/quote]

Dang Zeek get you some and have fun.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="beechnut" post="1150943" timestamp="1324995557"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=93480.msg1150911#msg1150911 date=1324966579]

[/quote]

[/quote]
WOW!  You 'da MAN, Zeek.  And Little Zeek is the "Other Man."  I think I see a great DAD here, somewhere.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1150947" timestamp="1324996095"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=93480.msg1150943#msg1150943 date=1324995557]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=93480.msg1150911#msg1150911 date=1324966579]

[/quote]

[/quote]
WOW!  You 'da MAN, Zeek.  And Little Zeek is the "Other Man."  I think I see a great DAD here, somewhere.
[/quote]

Ten fo on that Voice and whats the old saying? "Your kids will never remember you being there but they will never forget you not being there". Good work Zeke and GO CARDS.

Good job, Lazeek! Lil zekey will never forget it. My dad took me to Vegas many moons ago to see LU face top 25 UNLV and JR Rider. I will never forget it. Mike Newell was coach and I think we lost 100-75, but it was lots of fun at the Thomas and Mack center seeing the Shark!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1151443" timestamp="1325097905"]
This could be brutal! Good Luck Cardnials. Kentucky 89 Lamar 54!
[/quote]

I think you are right...it COULD be brutal.  Kentucky plays the type of ball that could really kill us.  We have to do a good job handling their press and we have to slow things down by playing great defense.  I think we can keep them in the 70's and I agree with Lazeek - 74 -52 Kentucky wins.  We will continue to have problems scoring. 

We went 0 for 12 on 3 pointers against Ohio State and lose by 20. Had we hit half, we lose by 2 points. So, I say if we hit half our 3s, then the difference in the game is single digits as KU will be looking past us to the big weekend match-up with some other Cardinals (Louisville). Memphis...oh excuse me, KU (Memphis in disguise) starts a lot of freshman and we start 4 seniors...so perhaps ROC's recruits with the help of some real coaching throws a scare into Roc's old boss. Biggest upside (aside from KU cash) is ESPN exposure which should help recruiting. Go Big Red!

[quote name="bullets13" post="1151657" timestamp="1325122215"]
hey rob, how did you manage the all-access?
[/quote]

I won the trip in an auction back in September.  But my son and I have been welcomed by the staff and team so well this week.  Truly an amazing three day trip.  He was asked this morning to sit with the team on the bench during the game.  And there were only about 10-15 LU fans, so we all pretty much sat on the row right behind the bench.

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1151862" timestamp="1325170765"]
Mike James was a beast last night.....Sure wish he would have gotten that DUNK.....Looking forward to conference play and Lamar leading the way this year.....Great job Pat Knight.....
[/quote]
Yes he was hot last night and to my suprise young Trey Lynch played well. Unfrotunately the two four year starters (Miles and Harper)looked like they were in over there heads, which was dissapointing after they started the season so well. Any contribution from either of them last night and this could have been a 10 point game.

Kentucky is big and loaded.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa