21-3A predictions

Bobcat1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not how I read it.

I think what they are saying is that the big kid leaving will hurt them more with depth, than him being an impact player in the game.  They will now have to find someone to replace him in the starting lineup, and that in turn means that someone will have to likely move up from JV also. 

Silsbee was never going to beat you this year with size, it was always going to be with speed, quickness and pressure. 

None of that has changed!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1149468" timestamp="1324477949"]

I think what they are saying is that the big kid leaving will hurt them more with depth, than him being an impact player in the game.  They will now have to find someone to replace him in the starting lineup, and that in turn means that someone will have to likely move up from JV also. 

Silsbee was never going to beat you this year with size, it was always going to be with speed, quickness and pressure. 

[/quote]I believe after grades come out Silsbee could add one more speedy guard to the lineup. 

[quote name="tokenwb" post="1149481" timestamp="1324478856"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=93114.msg1149468#msg1149468 date=1324477949]

[/quote]I believe after grades come out Silsbee could add one more speedy guard to the lineup.
[/quote]

Not sure who you are referring to. Is it someone who hasnt played this year. Everyone else was present at least last friday.

[quote name="ST413" post="1149488" timestamp="1324479201"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=93114.msg1149481#msg1149481 date=1324478856]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=93114.msg1149468#msg1149468 date=1324477949]

[/quote]

Not sure who you are referring to. Is it someone who hasnt played this year. Everyone else was present at least last friday.
[/quote]Not sure of the situation, but there is one more Soph. guard who is very good.  Have seen him at the games, just not suited up.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1149473" timestamp="1324478344"]
It's going to depend on who wants it bad enough
[/quote]
Not personal bluedove3:  Just a silly pet peeve!  Does any one NOT want it?  It always kills me when someone says they wanted it more.  If you have ever played sports, have you ever not given everything you had to win?  If someone wants it more, then someone must want it less.  If you want it less then you need to GET OUT OF SPORTS!!

[quote name="football" post="1149520" timestamp="1324481938"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93114.msg1149473#msg1149473 date=1324478344]
[/quote]
Not personal bluedove3:  Just a silly pet peeve!  Does any one NOT want it?  It always kills me when someone says they wanted it more.  If you have ever played sports, have you ever not given everything you had to win?  If someone wants it more, then someone must want it less.  If you want it less then you need to GET OUT OF SPORTS!!
[/quote]Obviously being in sports (?) you've heard about the jungle vs zoo animals, or some facsimile to this story. There are players you can take to the jungle and others who act like zoo animals.
Zoo animals are dependent upon others to feed them and protect them. Jungle animals live in a world where you hunt or be hunted. I think (today) most players are zoo animals. They usually participate in practice or in sessions with their private trainers. In games, they run team plays. No aggression and playing w/0 instincts and no urgency in their game. They feel they deserve a scholarship & playing time just because they put in time and effort no matter what their potential. Kind of like the zoo animal who expects to be fed.

Now on the other-hand, I also feel the court is the jungle. This is where players with the jungle mentality perform. They are aggressive and will fight and scratch when they get a sniff of blood, sweat & tears. They don't care if it's their grandma on the opposing team. They go for the kill. They do not wait passively.They hunt and eat it.

Those with the jungle mentality find success because the zoo animals are unable to defend against the mentality and aggressiveness. The jungle animals take it to the opponent.

Does everyone want it? Sure! But some are not willing to go the extra mental mile for it and just satisfied being there. Some are just happy not losing by a large margin to good teams ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1149548" timestamp="1324485803"]
[quote author=football link=topic=93114.msg1149520#msg1149520 date=1324481938]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93114.msg1149473#msg1149473 date=1324478344]
[/quote]
[/quote]Obviously being in sports (?) you've heard about the jungle vs zoo animals, or some facsimile to this story. There are players you can take to the jungle and others who act like zoo animals.
Zoo animals are dependent upon others to feed them and protect them. Jungle animals live in a world where you hunt or be hunted. I think (today) most players are zoo animals. They usually participate in practice or in sessions with their private trainers. In games, they run team plays. No aggression and playing w/0 instincts and no urgency in their game. They feel they deserve a scholarship & playing time just because they put in time and effort no matter what their potential. Kind of like the zoo animal who expects to be fed.

Now on the other-hand, I also feel the court is the jungle. This is where players with the jungle mentality perform. They are aggressive and will fight and scratch when they get a sniff of blood, sweat & tears. They don't care if it's their grandma on the opposing team. They go for the kill. They do not wait passively.They hunt and eat it.

Those with the jungle mentality find success because the zoo animals are unable to defend against the mentality and aggressiveness. The jungle animals take it to the opponent.

Does everyone want it? Sure! But some are not willing to go the extra mental mile for it and just satisfied being there. Some are just happy not losing by a large margin to good teams ;)
[/quote]

Never heard it put that way but I like it. Good post, very original.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder