*SILSBEE vs. WEST BROOK Broadcast thread*/WEST BROOK WINS 56-50!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[table]
[tr][td][color=black]4th, :33.7 left[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]Beaumont West Brook[/td][td]  [/td][td][color=black]54[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black]Silsbee[/td][td]  [/td][td][color=black]50[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Timout Silsbee, Silsbee ball out of the timeout

[quote name="ST413" post="1143261" timestamp="1323485359"]
WB took it to the Tigers tonight. I will not blame the refs although one was absolutely horrible. The Tigers didn't play well.
[/quote]
All 3 refs were bad, but they made bad calls against both teams. WB outplayed Silsbee and deserved the win. I don't think that Silsbee played bad. got to give WB credit for playing good defense. They did the same against Nederland earlier.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1143284" timestamp="1323486522"]
Was that the kid that was punched by the Silsbee player?
[/quote]
Yes. I still can't figure out the fact that it was seen by most of the fans, but not one ref saw it. A foul was called, but it should have been an intentional foul or an ejection, IMO, and many others watching the game felt the same...

[quote name="HF Dawg" post="1143269" timestamp="1323485802"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=92894.msg1143261#msg1143261 date=1323485359]
WB took it to the Tigers tonight. I will not blame the refs although one was absolutely horrible. The Tigers didn't play well.
[/quote]
All 3 refs were bad, but they made bad calls against both teams. WB outplayed Silsbee and deserved the win. I don't think that Silsbee played bad. got to give WB credit for playing good defense. They did the same against Nederland earlier.
[/quote]

I am not saying the Tigers played bad. We just didn't play real well.
WB played a very good game, great defense. like I said they took it to the Tigers. We just didn't do some things near as well as we can. We didnt attack the boards like we need to at times and made some mistakes on defense. The Tigers looked like they were looking forward to the next game early on.

[quote name="ST413" post="1143375" timestamp="1323489324"]
[quote author=HF Dawg link=topic=92894.msg1143269#msg1143269 date=1323485802]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=92894.msg1143261#msg1143261 date=1323485359]
[/quote]
All 3 refs were bad, but they made bad calls against both teams. WB outplayed Silsbee and deserved the win. I don't think that Silsbee played bad.
got to give WB credit for playing good defense. They did the same against Nederland earlier.
[/quote]

I am not saying threw Tigers played bad. We just didn't play real well.
WB played a very good game, great defense. like I said they took it to the Tigers. We just didn't do some things near as well as we can. We didnt attack the boards like we need to at times and made some mistakes on defense. [b]The Tigers looked like they were looking forward to the next game early on[/b].
[/quote]
I think that's what Nederland did when they played WB.

[quote name="HF Dawg" post="1143304" timestamp="1323487336"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92894.msg1143284#msg1143284 date=1323486522]
[/quote]
Yes. I still can't figure out the fact that it was seen by most of the fans, but not one ref saw it. A foul was called, but it should have been an intentional foul or an ejection, IMO, and many others watching the game felt the same...
[/quote]

If a player throws a punch, forget about a foul, it should be an immediate ejection followed by a multiple game suspension. 

I did not see this happen.  I can say I have never seen this player throw a punch at anyone.  I was told by one that had seen it that the player was trying to slap the ball back towards mid court,  missed ,  and the WB player was coming down at the same time and when he missed the ball he hit the player, not on purpose.  Like I said I didn't see it.

[quote name="ST413" post="1143433" timestamp="1323493503"]
I did not see this happen.  I can say I have never seen this player throw a punch at anyone.  I was told by one that had seen it that the player was trying to slap the ball back towards mid court,  missed ,  and the WB player was coming down at the same time and when he missed the ball he hit the player, not on purpose.  Like I said I didn't see it.
[/quote]I heard the same explanation from 2 others that were there. Hope the WB player is OK.

[quote name="bmrm" post="1143417" timestamp="1323491159"]
[quote author=HF Dawg link=topic=92894.msg1143304#msg1143304 date=1323487336]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92894.msg1143284#msg1143284 date=1323486522]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If a player throws a punch, forget about a foul, it should be an immediate ejection followed by a multiple game suspension.
[/quote]Its up to the Silsbee coach to lay down punishment, if the punch was thrown in anger.

It was not an intentional punch, accident. Was trying to tip the ball out and missed and struck the WB player. Talked to Coach Simon and assistant BISD AD Ron Jackson after game and that was their conclusion as well. Just an unfortunate accident. Player bit through his lip and will require stitches, that is the extent of his injuries.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami