Shawn Prudhomme.....Is he the BEST in SETX this year?

BADSANTA

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1134514" timestamp="1322590686"]
I agree with AAW.  Prudhomme showed me a lot, but I would like to see these kid's conditioning on display as they both get ready for the first tourney of the season.  I want to see if they both put up consistant numbers.  That will tell me a lot about them.
[/quote]

It's pretty difficult to measure who is the best player.  I am sure that everybody has a different set of criteria when they make that judgement.  You expect any good player to score and rebound but those stats may be misleading because each player is surrounded by a different supporting cast.  I would venture to guess that Central might depend on Smiths productivity more than Hj depends on Prudhommes.  I will say this for Prudhomme- I saw him with several nice assists to teammates who were open and closer to the basket than he was (this is sometimes rare for the "star" of the team) I think he may have had as many rebounds as anyone on the team and I can recall two or three blocked shots for him.  Also, he made a high percentage of his free throws. I thought he did a bit of everything for his team.  In spite of all that, I am not sure I can label him as the best player in the area even though I know he deserves consideration

[quote name="sleepy" post="1134515" timestamp="1322590880"]
I don't care where they rank the kid......fact of the matter is he could play for LU!
[/quote]
If Lamar would sign one or two players every year from the area, their attendance would increase quite a bit, IMO. Does Lamar have many players on their roster from this area?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1134513" timestamp="1322590647"]
I think Shawn has the ability to go to a nice D1 school. Ball handling skills still need work but he works harder and plays  harder than most I have seen in a while.
[/quote]If he is to go d-1 in college, I want to see him display his range more.  From what I've seen, he has decent handles.  As far as athletisism, he has it. 

K.Smith needs work with dribbles.  Everything else a guard needs, he has.  He can run the open court, finish at the cup, explode off the dribble, and gets a ton of blocked shots to for his hieght. 

[quote name="sleepy" post="1134505" timestamp="1322589814"]
He is and sadly enough if Lamar doesn't pull their head out they are gonna miss out on another local!!  Shocker
[/quote]he is clearly the best right now but not taking anything away from him since he was on top last year but i think the skill set all around this year is kinda down.... and for lamar they are so stupid they will not recruit from this area boys or girls, they have let so many players that could help there program go, jason and holli wilkins were two of the best players to out of this area tried all they could to go to lamar and they wouldnt take them so than they came back and played against lamar and killed them

[quote name="sleepy" post="1134528" timestamp="1322591585"]
Soulja, what is your opinion on prudhomme's ability to play for LU?  You think he has it?
[/quote]Well, I'm expecting him to grow another inch sometime this year, so that's a plus.  He does have it.  Like I've said, I want to see him display his range more on the outside, as he'll need that at the next level.  I think his dribbles are good enough, IMO.

[quote name="mfd814" post="1134531" timestamp="1322591667"]
Yes. I think he is.    Soulja....were you sitting at about half court Friday .....I think that might have been you sitting and talking to my husband and I......last thing you asked was was he a HJ or Central fan.
[/quote]I was sitting on the 'parking Lot' side.  Yes, I think that was you.  I was talking to the ol' school guy and we were being dazzled by #10 from H-J.I was at halfcourt.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1134522" timestamp="1322591308"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92402.msg1134514#msg1134514 date=1322590686]
I agree with AAW.  Prudhomme showed me a lot, but I would like to see these kid's conditioning on display as they both get ready for the first tourney of the season.  I want to see if they both put up consistant numbers.  That will tell me a lot about them.
[/quote]

It's pretty difficult to measure who is the best player.  I am sure that everybody has a different set of criteria when they make that judgement.  You expect any good player to score and rebound but those stats may be misleading because each player is surrounded by a different supporting cast.  I would venture to guess that Central might depend on Smiths productivity more than Hj depends on Prudhommes.  I will say this for Prudhomme- I saw him with several nice assists to teammates who were open and closer to the basket than he was (this is sometimes rare for the "star" of the team) I think he may have had as many rebounds as anyone on the team and I can recall two or three blocked shots for him.  Also, he made a high percentage of his free throws. I thought he did a bit of everything for his team.  In spite of all that, I am not sure I can label him as the best player in the area even though I know he deserves consideration
[/quote]Nash, this is another rarity but I think your comments hit straight home and very logical.

[quote name="mfd814" post="1134531" timestamp="1322591667"]
Yes. I think he is.    Soulja....were you sitting at about half court Friday .....I think that might have been you sitting and talking to my husband and I......last thing you asked was was he a HJ or Central fan.
[/quote]No, thats was me talking to your husband ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1134576" timestamp="1322594357"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=92402.msg1134522#msg1134522 date=1322591308]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=92402.msg1134514#msg1134514 date=1322590686]
[/quote]

[/quote]Nash, this is another rarity but I think your comments hit straight home and very logical.
[/quote]

Dove- Hurry up and erase your post.  We cant have anybody on here believing we agree on anything.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1134608" timestamp="1322596637"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92402.msg1134576#msg1134576 date=1322594357]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=92402.msg1134522#msg1134522 date=1322591308]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dove- Hurry up and erase your post.  We cant have anybody on here believing we agree on anything.
[/quote]Your post was so profound that I must confess......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami