What is the UIL going to do about LaMarque

Z04AEA

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]VP32 you have a problem.You don't know anything about LM 's problems and what is going on in the school system.So let me give you a heads up.If we never win another game you call me when Vidor wins something period on the STATE level.Your little town don't have the best reputation.So you work on that and that should keep you busy for a while.[/quote]

What does this have to do with anything?? We are talking about LM having fighting/dont know how to keep their mouths shut problems, not Vidors suppossed problems. I cant really think of the last time Vidor has gotten into a fight in any athletic sport. LM has gotten into quite a few. Just saying. Keep your irrelevent remarks to yourself and stay on topic. Pointing the finger where it needs not be pointed is immature. Not intended to be rude

The LaMarque players who came off of the bench during the first fight should have all been ejected.  At any other level, players who come from the bench to fight are immediately ejected.  If that left LaMarque with not enough players to play the game, they would have to forfeit.

The officials are to blame for letting the game get out of hand.  But, the parents of the LaMarque players and their coaches are also to blame.  They have a reputation for being a dirty team for a REASON.  They are the kind of team schools need to refuse to play if they are concerned about safety. 

If nothing is done by the UIL, I'd like to see other schools boycott playing LaMarque.  A message needs to be sent that this type of behavior will not be condoned.

[quote name="invictus" post="1134977" timestamp="1322620048"]
The LaMarque players who came off of the bench during the first fight should have all been ejected.  At any other level, players who come from the bench to fight are immediately ejected.  If that left LaMarque with not enough players to play the game, they would have to forfeit.

The officials are to blame for letting the game get out of hand.  But, the parents of the LaMarque players and their coaches are also to blame.  They have a reputation for being a dirty team for a REASON.  They are the kind of team schools need to refuse to play if they are concerned about safety. 

[b]If nothing is done by the UIL, I'd like to see other schools boycott playing LaMarque.  A message needs to be sent that this type of behavior will not be condoned.[/b]
[/quote]
Good luck with that. It takes two to fight. 

[B]ADMIN NOTE: PORTION OF POST DELETED. VIDOR'S 'REPUTATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LA MARQUE OR OZEN'S ACTIONS.

[quote name="TEXNIFICENT" post="1135000" timestamp="1322620852"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=92332.msg1134977#msg1134977 date=1322620048]

[b]If nothing is done by the UIL, I'd like to see other schools boycott playing LaMarque.  A message needs to be sent that this type of behavior will not be condoned.[/b]
[/quote]
Good luck with that. It takes two to fight.  Some might be afraid to play a road game in Vidor when you consider reputation. True or not. Just sayin.
[/quote]

The schools in Beaumont have no issues playing a road game in Vidor.  The only school who seems to have issues with that is Crosby and we see what happened to them.  So, you can keep your FALSE judgments to yourself.  The only things I have stated are 100% true.

[quote name="Buccaneer#3" post="1134960" timestamp="1322619438"]
[quote]VP32 you have a problem.You don't know anything about LM 's problems and what is going on in the school system.So let me give you a heads up.If we never win another game you call me when Vidor wins something period on the STATE level.Your little town don't have the best reputation.So you work on that and that should keep you busy for a while.[/quote]

What does this have to do with anything?? We are talking about LM having fighting/dont know how to keep their mouths shut problems, not Vidors suppossed problems. I cant really think of the last time Vidor has gotten into a fight in any athletic sport. LM has gotten into quite a few. Just saying. Keep your irrelevent remarks to yourself and stay on topic. Pointing the finger where it needs not be pointed is immature. Not intended to be rude
[/quote]It has everything to do with it because all the CENSORED BY ADMIN that is being said it not true.As far as you telling me what to say you can go to CENSORED BY ADMIN.This was LM first also as far as talking on the field you tell me what school that doesn't talk. The only ones that don't are the ones that gets the %ss hit.Yes we talk and intimidate some teams but thats part of it.Its not just talk if you can back it up.LM players can't be as undiscipline as all of you state.Some of the kids from that program are Lawyers and have Masters Degrees.You don't play in fifteen region finals in twenty years with thugs.If thats so all of you need to get rid of the choir boys.Vidor should be the last Hole in in the ground to talk about reputation.This is not 1950.

[quote name="coog78" post="1135026" timestamp="1322621969"]
[quote author=Buccaneer#3 link=topic=92332.msg1134960#msg1134960 date=1322619438]

[/quote]It has everything to do with it because all the $hit that is being said it not true.As far as you telling me what to say you can go to #ell.This was LM first also as far as talking on the field you tell me what school that doesn't talk. The only ones that don't are the ones that gets the %ss hit.Yes we talk and intimidate some teams but thats part of it.Its not just talk if you can back it up.LM players can't be as undiscipline as all of you state.Some of the kids from that program are Lawyers and have Masters Degrees.You don't play in fifteen region finals in twenty years with thugs.If thats so all of you need to get rid of the choir boys.Vidor should be the last Hole in in the ground to talk about reputation.This is not 1950.
[/quote]
Thank you for showing your true colors. Keep going. Your just making yourself look worse and worse.

[quote name="vp32" post="1135033" timestamp="1322622326"]
[quote author=coog78 link=topic=92332.msg1135026#msg1135026 date=1322621969]
[quote author=Buccaneer#3 link=topic=92332.msg1134960#msg1134960 date=1322619438]
[quote]VP32 you have a problem.You don't know anything about LM 's problems and what is going on in the school system.So let me give you a heads up.If we never win another game you call me when Vidor wins something period on the STATE level.Your little town don't have the best reputation.So you work on that and that should keep you busy for a while.[/quote]That statement about LM's fans not being allow into the game shows you true self.@s

[/quote]It has everything to do with it because all the $hit that is being said it not true.As far as you telling me what to say you can go to #ell.This was LM first also as far as talking on the field you tell me what school that doesn't talk. The only ones that don't are the ones that gets the %ss hit.Yes we talk and intimidate some teams but thats part of it.Its not just talk if you can back it up.LM players can't be as undiscipline as all of you state.Some of the kids from that program are Lawyers and have Masters Degrees.You don't play in fifteen region finals in twenty years with thugs.If thats so all of you need to get rid of the choir boys.Vidor should be the last Hole in in the ground to talk about reputation.This is not 1950.
[/quote]
Thank you for showing your true colors. Keep going. Your just making yourself look worse and worse.
[/quote]

[quote]Quote from: coog78 on Today at 21:11:29
Quote from: Buccaneer#3 on Today at 20:29:18
VP32 you have a problem.You don't know anything about LM 's problems and what is going on in the school system.So let me give you a heads up.If we never win another game you call me when Vidor wins something period on the STATE level.Your little town don't have the best reputation.So you work on that and that should keep you busy for a while.
It has everything to do with it because all the $hit that is being said it not true.As far as you telling me what to say you can go to #ell.This was LM first also as far as talking on the field you tell me what school that doesn't talk. The only ones that don't are the ones that gets the %ss hit.Yes we talk and intimidate some teams but thats part of it.Its not just talk if you can back it up.LM players can't be as undiscipline as all of you state.Some of the kids from that program are Lawyers and have Masters Degrees.You don't play in fifteen region finals in twenty years with thugs.If thats so all of you need to get rid of the choir boys.Vidor should be the last Hole in in the ground to talk about reputation.This is not 1950.
[b]Thank you for showing your true colors. Keep going. Your just making yourself look worse and worse.[/[/b]

*LIKE*. He must be from LM ha because thats the way they (LM people) talk. NO CLASS what so ever. No class and Trash- LM

You guys are missing the big picture. Yes, every school trash talks that is the problem. Not only in football but every sport. Do you guys see what is going on in professional sports? These kids feed off of that. Not many role models anymore.  Society has changed and not for the good. It is slowly getting out of control. The worse is yet to come, prepare yourself is all I can say. Parents don't stay married, many kids have single parents. It is a struggle every day and I don't see it getting any better, I hope I am wrong. 

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1135065" timestamp="1322623422"]
You guys are missing the big picture.[b] Yes, every school trash talks that is the problem. Not only in football but every sport. Do you guys see what is going on in professional sports? These kids feed off of that. Not many role models anymore.[/b]  Society has changed and not for the good. It is slowly getting out of control. The worse is yet to come, prepare yourself is all I can say. Parents don't stay married, many kids have single parents. It is a struggle every day and I don't see it getting any better, I hope I am wrong.
[/quote]
[b]
BINGO![/b]

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1135053" timestamp="1322622935"]
Coog 78, watch the language, we have young kids that read this board.  1st warning.
[/quote]Sorry I have never seen a site that is so rude to others that are not local.If this site is just for your area don't let others on it .We have a site and people come on it and sometime we disagree but not like this site.I can read it to the under line comments and you don't have to be a rocket professor to pick up on it.So i will not post on here again.

[quote name="coog78" post="1135081" timestamp="1322623884"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=92332.msg1135053#msg1135053 date=1322622935]
Coog 78, watch the language, we have young kids that read this board.  1st warning.
[/quote]Sorry I have never seen a site that is so rude to others that are not local.If this site is just for your area don't let others on it .We have a site and people come on it and sometime we disagree but not like this site.I can read it to the under line comments and you don't have to be a rocket professor to pick up on it.So i will not post on here again.
[/quote]

You're right, you won't.

[quote]Coog 78, watch the language, we have young kids that read this board.  1st warning.
Sorry I have never seen a site that is so rude to others that are not local.If this site is just for your area don't let others on it .We have a site and people come on it and sometime we disagree but not like this site.I can read it to the under line comments and you don't have to be a rocket professor to pick up on it.So i will not post on here again.

[b]You're right, you won't.[/quote][/b]

;D

Suh for the detroit lions gets a 2 game suspension for a kick. Lm and ozen get no suspensions for basically a riot which needed pepper spray and police to to stop it. These high school kids learned nothing from this incident other than do whatever you want. Lm keeps taughting their dominance in football which no one will deny but like I said earlier they wont have a school or a football team if their community keeps going like it is.

Reputations ain't nothing but a thing in the past.  It is what you learn from these that will get you thru today and lead you into tomorrow. 
The community from Vidor has arrived.  To the Ozen and Lamarque coaches/ players --the question is,  where do you want to go with this incident?  Your choices will help you choose your destiny.  8)

Despite previous reports that the UIL has closed this issue, this article quotes Dr. Cousins as saying they are still looking at it.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/education/article/ADs-blame-game-officials-other-team-s-players-2308401.php

"League representatives initially told The Enterprise that the state agency would not get involved in student discipline. [b]On Tuesday, however, Mark Cousins, UIL athletic director[/b], clarified that after any type of altercation during a UIL-sanctioned event, school districts must turn in reports about the incidents to the state agency.

"Anytime we have incidents, during the regular season or post-season, when a coach is ejected or whatever it may be, the school districts have to investigate and they'll report back to our compliance department," Cousins said.

"We look at what, if any, corrective action they've done and our compliance officer will look at it and we'll look to see if any additional action is warranted."

Cousins said because the fight happened after the game was over, the UIL is depending on the reports from the school districts to determine what exactly happened. If the fight had been during the game, there would have been penalties assessed based on playing rules and most importantly, he added, reports filed by game officials.

"We'd look at the situation differently," Cousins said.

Cousins would not provide details of action the UIL could take against the districts if it determines a certain team was at fault. [i][b]He said it would be premature to comment on the matter until the investigation is complete[/b][/i]."

[quote name="coog78" post="1135026" timestamp="1322621969"]

[/quote]It has everything to do with it because all the CENSORED BY ADMIN that is being said it not true.As far as you telling me what to say you can go to CENSORED BY ADMIN.This was LM first also as far as talking on the field you tell me what school that doesn't talk. The only ones that don't are the ones that gets the %ss hit.Yes we talk and intimidate some teams but thats part of it.[b]Its not just talk if you can back it up[/b].LM players can't be as undiscipline as all of you state.Some of the kids from that program are Lawyers and have Masters Degrees.You don't play in fifteen region finals in twenty years with thugs.If thats so all of you need to get rid of the choir boys.Vidor should be the last Hole in in the ground to talk about reputation.This is not 1950.
[/quote]
I was taught to let your play do the talking for you...... that if you could back it up then there was no reason to talk....You win with class and lose with class.  Unfortunately neither side ended with any class. 

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1135375" timestamp="1322665557"]
Despite previous reports that the UIL has closed this issue, this article quotes Dr. Cousins as saying they are still looking at it.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/education/article/ADs-blame-game-officials-other-team-s-players-2308401.php

"League representatives initially told The Enterprise that the state agency would not get involved in student discipline. [b]On Tuesday, however, Mark Cousins, UIL athletic director[/b], clarified that after any type of altercation during a UIL-sanctioned event, school districts must turn in reports about the incidents to the state agency.

"Anytime we have incidents, during the regular season or post-season, when a coach is ejected or whatever it may be, the school districts have to investigate and they'll report back to our compliance department," Cousins said.

"We look at what, if any, corrective action they've done and our compliance officer will look at it and we'll look to see if any additional action is warranted."

Cousins said because the fight happened after the game was over, the UIL is depending on the reports from the school districts to determine what exactly happened. [b]If the fight had been during the game,[/b] there would have been penalties assessed based on playing rules and most importantly, he added, reports filed by game officials.

"We'd look at the situation differently," Cousins said.

Cousins would not provide details of action the UIL could take against the districts if it determines a certain team was at fault. [i][b]He said it would be premature to comment on the matter until the investigation is complete[/b][/i]."
[/quote]

But the Bench clearing [b]DID [/b]happen during the game!

Players from both teams were involved, period.  Until the UIL makes their rules crystal clear regarding this type of behavior it will continue.  Fight today, playoffs tomorrow.  Yeah the players in the NFL get fined when they are out of line but what does it matter to them?? Pay a couple thousand out of the millions you make but then you play the next game.  It is getting out of hand.  To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community.

But the Bench clearing [b]DID [/b]happen during the game!
[/quote]

I don't condone what happened on neither side and I am disappointed that Ozen's great season will be remembered because of the unfortunate incident. I knew that something was inevitable to happen besides 4 quarters of football even before the game started. While the players were warming up and stretching, one of Lamarque's players came across the 50 to where Ozen was and "taunted" them, he had to be restrained back to Lamarque's side by his coaches. But because this was pregame, nothing can be done about that either. The handshake should not have taken place after the game.

[quote]What does this have to do with anything?? We are talking about LM having fighting/dont know how to keep their mouths shut problems, not Vidors suppossed problems. I cant really think of the last time Vidor has gotten into a fight in any athletic sport. LM has gotten into quite a few. Just saying. Keep your irrelevent remarks to yourself and stay on topic. Pointing the finger where it needs not be pointed is immature. Not intended to be rude[/quote][quote]It has everything to do with it because all the CENSORED BY ADMIN that is being said it not true.As far as you telling me what to say you can go to CENSORED BY ADMIN.[b]This was LM first also as far as talking on the field you tell me what school that doesn't talk. The only ones that don't are the ones that gets the %ss hit.Yes we talk and intimidate some teams but thats part of it.Its not just talk if you can back it up.[/b]LM players can't be as undiscipline as all of you state.Some of the kids from that program are Lawyers and have Masters Degrees.You don't play in fifteen region finals in twenty years with thugs.If thats so all of you need to get rid of the choir boys.Vidor should be the last Hole in in the ground to talk about reputation.This is not 1950.[/quote]

That sort of "talk" is illegal, and its called aggrevated ASSAULT. People who hit or even touch other people when not invited, when not in self defense, are criminals guilty of assault. they should be charged for their actions and should be held accountable by the judicial system and jailed.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1135685" timestamp="1322687329"]
Players from both teams were involved, period.  Until the UIL makes their rules crystal clear regarding this type of behavior it will continue.  Fight today, playoffs tomorrow.  Yeah the players in the NFL get fined when they are out of line but what does it matter to them?? [b]Pay a couple thousand out of the millions you make but then you play the next game.[/b]  It is getting out of hand.  To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community.
[/quote]
No they don't. The most recent being the player from Detroit. Fined and suspended for 2 games and it wasn't for fighting. And then their is the Bills player fined for an endzone celebration.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83