Beaumont Kelly vs. Plano Prestonwood Game Thread/BULLDOGS ADVANCE 24-21!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The powers that be, knew this was the year, if there was going to be one.  Hartsfield initially got the job because he was the right man to pick up with a group of kids whom he had coached in middle school.  No new systems to learn, no need to get aquainted with personnel.  He knew them and they knew him.  They hit the ground running.  Clint has done a great job of delegating to his staff.  Frank Middleton has done an EXCEPTIONAL job with the offensive line.  Barber ran for over 1500 yards before injury.  Guidroz now runs for 100 plus yards per game.  The O-line has opened incredible holes for the backs.  Every game they have played during the playoffs, the O-line is outsized by 2-3 inches and 30-40 pounds.  Yet they open the holes.  Hats off to Middleton and the O-line for the great job they have done all season.  Also to Hartsfield for managing his coaches and his players well.

Let me say.. props to middleton because of what bmtball said about our Offensive line and his stats... I agree completely.  also props to Jason Smith as the offensive coordinator... and Knowles the defensive coordinator.. and all their supporting staff.. Obviously its working. But to worry about whose getting the most press or the most attaboys at this time of the season is crazy. THEY ARE GOING TO THE FINALS AS A TEAM..a team...Parents brothers sisters and outsiders bringing up bull will not show what this group has done.. they are in the finals.  ITS ABOUT THE YOUNG MEN AND THEIR TEAM.... not the fans team not the parents team and not anyone elses ... the coaches and the players are the team..... not me and anyone else but them.. SO to you guys that practice together and work together and have been doing so for the last 18 weeks.. Congratulation for making us all KELLY PROUD

Also you couldn't be more wrong. This is Kelly's team and yes that is the fans and the parents along with the players and coaches. It's the parents who feed these boys week in and week out at Varsity dinners every week  The fans who have stood by these Bulldogs from the beginning. The parents who have donated their money, time, sweat, and tears. The fans who lined Kelly drive at 7:30 in the morning to send the boys off after a meal prepared for by wait for it....parents and fans. Kelly is a community and for better or worse this is OUR team.

... I am not going to get into defending what i am saying... its how i see it.  I am happy and proud for the Kelly Football Team.........  and as I have said.. thanks to the parents for all they do.they have been amazing.. its what makes Kelly special.  However the parents are not playing the game and neither am I.  The Coaches and Players are a team that wins the games...... me you and the Kelly population are supporters of a team...  that makes you part of a Kelly Team but not the football team.  The 19 seniors have done an amazing job... with several like Brantly Wilson and Nich Schrapps being great leaders on the sideline and field keeping each of their team mates fired up and carrying them when things seemed down.  .Willie Lighty stepping up and taking on another job duty when a team mate got injured.  Sure its a team of supporters , supporting a football team..  The crowd today was awesome and very loud.  It was fun and it should be that all the focus is about them.. not anything or anyone else..... I need to add a PS... DILLON GUIDROZ has been crazy good and I have enjoyed seeing his work on the field. what a great job...........sorry forgot to put it in initially

There is only one word to describe this team and that is resilient. There is no quitting with this team. They all have the heart of a champion. Good Luck in state. You guys deserve getting this far. I know this team would have done well anyway but there is no way they would have gone this far without Coach Heartsfield and all his coaching staff.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1132466" timestamp="1322366930"]
Gee, what a difference a few weeks make.  There are some of the Kelly faithful that wanted Frank Middleton run out on the next rail.  I guess he did learn something from those years of protecting Brett Favre's rear end!
[/quote]
Actually, I think you mean another WB grad, Earl Dotson.  Middleton played D-line for the Raiders and Bucs.

[quote name="bmtball" post="1132697" timestamp="1322404250"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=92247.msg1132466#msg1132466 date=1322366930]
Gee, what a difference a few weeks make.  There are some of the Kelly faithful that wanted Frank Middleton run out on the next rail.  I guess he did learn something from those years of protecting Brett Favre's rear end!
[/quote]
Actually, I think you mean another WB grad, Earl Dotson.  Middleton played D-line for the Raiders and Bucs.
[/quote]
He played guard in the NFL for Bucs and Raiders....played both ways in HS.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1132519" timestamp="1322369555"]
Also you couldn't be more wrong. This is Kelly's team and yes that is the fans and the parents along with the players and coaches. It's the parents who feed these boys week in and week out at Varsity dinners every week  The fans who have stood by these Bulldogs from the beginning. The parents who have donated their money, time, sweat, and tears. The fans who lined Kelly drive at 7:30 in the morning to send the boys off after a meal prepared for by wait for it....parents and fans. Kelly is a community and for better or worse this is OUR team.
[/quote]Left out the Band, Cheerleaders, Drill team, and their instructors...but yes...I too consider all the above a part of a TEAM.

The kids on this team are a remarkable bunch who have overcome a number of obstacles, namely injuries to key players, during the season. I think this team achieves what it has regardless of the coach. Hartsfield deserves a tremendous amount of credit for keeping what Mike Long had in place.  If Long is still the coach, the results are the same.  The same assistants are on the staff from Long's tenure.  Hartsfield has stayed out of their way and let them continue the status quo.  That's good coaching on a team that is talented and deep.  Congrats to the players, coaches, and the Kelly community.  This great ride could not happen to a better group of folks and their great Catholic High School.

maybe so and i loved coach Long. The only thing is i do not know if this team would have done as well with the spread offense were coach Hartsfield I thought adapted to his strength of this team and that was his offensive line and pounding the ball all year with that running game to set up the passing game.

[quote name="tracker1012" post="1132824" timestamp="1322411791"]
maybe so and i loved coach Long. The only thing is i do not know if this team would have done as well with the spread offense were coach Hartsfield I thought adapted to his strength of this team and that was his offensive line and pounding the ball all year with that running game to set up the passing game.
[/quote]Completely agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder