Nederland vs. Pearland Dawson

Puma42

Kimble #9 for PD is a dual threat, great passing game, solid running, very athletic.  Secondary will be tested against PD offense unlike any test they have faced all year.

Also, defense for PD tends to pick off other's passing games.  Accuracy is a must against PD for the Dawgs!

This will be huge test for Dawgs.  Must bring A game next week.

[color=orange]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=AM7pj3Y-fK4[/color]
Quite a few videos on youtube, if you search Garry Kimble, Pearland Dawson 2011. 

They even have video on ESPN, Nike Uniform Contest http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/156907/voteable_entries

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="football04" post="1125133" timestamp="1321766117"]
[quote author=EZDawg link=topic=91896.msg1125102#msg1125102 date=1321765101]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=91896.msg1125059#msg1125059 date=1321763392]
Ugly game. The defenses dominated for the most part. Until, OT when the Dogs passing game came alive! Colton Kimler is a beast! Only a soph. [b]We gotta him the ball more[/b]. He makes things happen and is tough to bring down. Great job again, Dogs! One game at a time. Keep playing defense and limit the mistakes on offense and who knows? Good luck Vidor Pirates, Ozen Panthers, WOS Mustangs,, Dayton Broncos, Memorial Titans, and Kelly Bulldogs too!
[/quote]

I agree. I've been saying the same thing all season.  8)
[/quote]
and the big TE
[/quote]
I agree, Kimler is clutch and needs more touches. I think just with his presents on the field can open up things, he should never come off the field.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1125406" timestamp="1321806531"]
[quote author=The Godfather link=topic=91896.msg1125318#msg1125318 date=1321801627]
They beat Clear Springs which is a pretty solid 5A team, I think they won their district
[/quote]

No..they ended up 3rd in there district.
[/quote]

Clear Springs won there district.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1125425" timestamp="1321807451"]
[color=purple]Dawson pretty much ran through there schedule until they played good teams (Manvel and La Marque). They both had great defenses. I've heard Nederland has a great defense, if that is the case then I pick Nederland to win. Just gonna have to score atleast in the 20's.[/color]
[/quote]

In the Manvel game Dawson had 4 key players suspended that game, But has the Nederland played against a high pace offense?

Dawson doesn't huddle all game

Been watching video on PD. these guys are very very good. They are the real deal, seriously good football team. Dogs better be ready and I think they are going to have to work quickly to learn their offense better than PD knows their own strategy ,, then play super aggressive defense. I think the Dogs will either win close or lose really badly, especially if they coach "not to lose". I think if we try to play conservative football And hang with these guys,we lose in a blow out. We are going to outsmart them on offense and let the defense loose to get after the qb, if we wanna win.

I have not heard any negatives about PD.  I'm hearing they are a powerhouse on both sides of the ball. With that being said, Nederland has to step up and step up BIG to take this.  I know Neumann will have the Dogs ready.  Nederland cannot play this week like they did yesterday...NO TURNOVERS.....and I feel they'll take this one.  I don't expect Nederland to win by a lot, but anything can and WILL happen in Texas High School Football.

Go Bulldogs!

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1125497" timestamp="1321812156"]
[quote author=Wildcat979 link=topic=91896.msg1125425#msg1125425 date=1321807451]
[color=purple]Dawson pretty much ran through there schedule until they played good teams (Manvel and La Marque). They both had great defenses. I've heard Nederland has a great defense, if that is the case then I pick Nederland to win. Just gonna have to score atleast in the 20's.[/color]
[/quote]

In the Manvel game Dawson had 4 key players suspended that game, But has the Nederland played against a high pace offense?

Dawson doesn't huddle all game
[/quote]

The real question is:  Can Dawson manage to get their offense on the field enough to really score?

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1125289" timestamp="1321798963"]
Kimble #9 for PD is a dual threat, great passing game, solid running, very athletic.  Secondary will be tested against PD offense unlike any test they have faced all year.

Also, defense for PD tends to pick off other's passing games.  Accuracy is a must against PD for the Dawgs!

This will be huge test for Dawgs.  Must bring A game next week.

[color=orange]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=AM7pj3Y-fK4[/color]
Quite a few videos on youtube, if you search Garry Kimble, Pearland Dawson 2011. 

They even have video on ESPN, Nike Uniform Contest http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/156907/voteable_entries
[/quote]Thanks

I may be dead wrong but it seems we play up or down to the opposition at times. I believe Dawson will force us to play our best game. We ve surely been challenged by some good teams
Vidor PN G Ozen BH Stratford WO-S Liv and others. We came out of those with a W cept BH and probably should have won it in reg time but uh-oh. We ve played 7 games vs playoff teams and are still 11-1. woulda been 8 if Liv was in a weaker district. I believe most of those teams could give nearly any 4A team a good game. I honestly believe the offense will pick it up and hit another gear. The defense is reeeaaallly good. I think we shock people and win another close one. If we get a dose of continuity on offense with focus and game plan it will be a game for the ages. We ain t scairt of Dawson but surely do respect them. GO DOGS. You re the best we ve had in a decade! I ll betcha Dawson is a little nervous and doin lots of homework. They also know three of the teams we squeaked by are in the third round of the playoffs.

[quote name="football04" post="1124495" timestamp="1321741241"]
Pearland Dawson    rushing  2793yds    passing  2645yds

RB James White---212---1463yds--20 TD's      QB Garry Kimble---169 - 280 --- 2645yds --25TD's --8 int

W  Dawson  43 - 14  League City Clear Springs
W  Dawson  52 - 20  Conroe Oak Ridge
W  Dawson  56 - 26  Crosby
W  Dawson  62 - 7    Houston Nimitz
W  Dawson  54 - 3    Sante Fe
W  Dawson  39 - 16  Friendswood
W  Dawson  35 - 31  Texas City
L    Dawson  28 - 35  LaMarque
L    Dawson  21 - 44  Manvel
W  Dawson  41 - 31  Lamar Consolidated
W  Dawson  72 -  7  Houston Reagan
[/quote]
There is also a WR in the Mike Williams kid is the go to guy in the pass game .

I believe our defense is going to have one of its biggest games of the year. We are going to smother their quarterback. And yes...GET THE BALL IN #9's HANDS! He is a playmaker. Benjamin has got to keep the ball in his hands and quit putting it on the turf. I'd make him carry a football all week if it were up to me. You cannot fumble against a team this good. But honestly i wouldn't call it a shocker if we won. If we just play our game and not do too many stupid mistakes we should take care of business. They are very beatable. Carson has got to wake up and throw the football better. he forces it too many times. Cut down on the turnovers, play a little defense and put 24-28 points up and we will be fine.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1125314" timestamp="1321801338"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=91896.msg1125133#msg1125133 date=1321766117]
[quote author=EZDawg link=topic=91896.msg1125102#msg1125102 date=1321765101]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=91896.msg1125059#msg1125059 date=1321763392]
Ugly game. The defenses dominated for the most part. Until, OT when the Dogs passing game came alive! Colton Kimler is a beast! Only a soph. [b]We gotta him the ball more[/b]. He makes things happen and is tough to bring down. Great job again, Dogs! One game at a time. Keep playing defense and limit the mistakes on offense and who knows? Good luck Vidor Pirates, Ozen Panthers, WOS Mustangs,, Dayton Broncos, Memorial Titans, and Kelly Bulldogs too!
[/quote]

I agree. I've been saying the same thing all season.  8)
[/quote]
and the big TE
[/quote]
I agree, Kimler is clutch and needs more touches. I think just with his presents on the field can open up things, he should never come off the field.
[/quote]

I am not all suprised that Kimler is good. His dad was a beast for Nederland back in 1981.

Defense will have to be beastly again. Dawson is good.....but not a monster.

best hope for the offense is to get some short fields/TO's and find something early that works and stick to it.......and hold on to the ball.

Offensive TO's will kill us in his game. Dawson is not Stafford.. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami