BEAUMONT OZEN VS. BRENHAM BROADCAST/OZEN WINS 14-10!!!!!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG!!!  Ozen beat these guys?  Brenhamfan, you were the one that awakened this sleeping giant predicting that they'll make the playoffs and see what happened?  I'm at a loss for words, honestly.  Keep it going, Ozen.  You're not finished yet.  To be the best, you've got the beat the best.  I'll start talling Ozen the 'Davids' of the 2011 playoffs.  (No pun intended)

Guest beechnut
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1124349" timestamp="1321738557"]
OMFG!!!  Ozen beat these guys?  Brenhamfan, you were the one that awakened this sleeping giant predicting that they'll make the playoffs and see what happened?  I'm at a loss for words, honestly.  Keep it going, Ozen.  You're not finished yet.  To be the best, you've got the beat the best.  I'll start talling Ozen the 'Davids' of the 2011 playoffs.  (No pun intended)
[/quote]

A moderator using nice language? Souja your not real bright.... Good win ozen was impressed with your team.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1124349" timestamp="1321738557"]
[/quote]

I created a monster....  Lol

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1124341" timestamp="1321738461"]
[quote author=indnfan link=topic=91861.msg1124312#msg1124312 date=1321738231]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91861.msg1124270#msg1124270 date=1321737875]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=91861.msg1124250#msg1124250 date=1321737745]
What about Brenham and there big D1 athletes BrenhamFan likes to brag about?????
[/quote]

We take care of PNG in every sport, so I wouldn't say much....
[/quote]
If you look at some well known D1 football rosters you will see Brenham does very well there. It pretty much speaks for itself. Great season to the Brenham Cubs as I know you guys will be back next year. Congrats to Ozen for making 20-4A shine this weekend. Keep up the good work...
[/quote]

Great Season Cubs. BF is a class act
[/quote]

Yes he is. He will be here for his crow. Trust me.

I didn't really have a dog in this fight but I do have some comments on the game. Having watched Brenham in some games this season, I was really surprised by the play calling.  Tremund Moore was a non factor in this game, and for the most part, so was the Brenham passing game.  It almost seemed like Brenham tried to follow the pattern from Kingwood Park to a tee. They took the lead into the half and instead of coming out in the third and trying to expand that lead, it seemed like they wanted to cap another 8 minute drive by just going to #3 over and over.  At this level you have to mix it up.
The problem with that strategy was that Beaumont Ozen is not Kingwood Park.  Ozen has their pluses and minuses for sure.  I was not completely sold on their quarterback, he had quite a few bad throws that Brenham did not capitalize on and took a lot of sacks (although Brenham's defense usually gets in the backfield quick).  My personal opinion was that Brenham would win the game based on having a better overall team, more discipline and better coaching.  After the game I think Brenham was definitely more disciplined (Ozen better get a deep snapper for sure......and quick), but as far as a better team, you cannot vote against a 6-5 school that beats the #3 team in the state.  Coaching wise I think Brenham still has the better coaching squad, the record speaks for itself, but it seems like they often fall into holding patterns.  You play different teams every week and if you aren't ready, you'll lose.
The two take aways from this game: Brenham's Malcolm Brown is a monster and La Marque should be an underdog in my opinion (they looked terrible vs. Sharpstown IMO).

Ozen 35 La Marque 24.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1124364" timestamp="1321738725"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91861.msg1124349#msg date=1321738557]
[/quote]

A moderator using nice language? Souja your not real bright.... Good win ozen was impressed with your team.
[/quote]OMFG = ohh my freakin God.  Looks like you're reaching.  Maybe you need to quit reading so much into what I say.  Read the content for what it is.  A Congradulation to Ozen.  Geeesh!

Guest beechnut
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1124455" timestamp="1321740242"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=91861.msg1124364#msg date=1321738725]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91861.msg1124349#msg date=1321738557]
[/quote]

Ya right nice back prddle
[/quote]OMFG = ohh my freakin God.  Looks like you're reaching.  Maybe you need to quit reading so much into what I say.  Read the content for what it is.  A Congradulation to Ozen.  Geeesh!
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder