Congrats to the GT Shockers

JMJ3rd

This is a post to say that I'm proud of the accomplishments of my daughters and their team-mates this weekend. You played well and represented our area in a great manner!  Third place for 12U, and [b]CHAMPIONSHIP[/b] for the [b]10U[/b], their [b]3rd this season[/b]!! Go Shockers!!! I'm proud of you!

[IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh300/JMJ3rd/2011-11-13162843.jpg[/img]

Yes, Congratulations to both Shockers teams and to the '99 TEAM... YOU ALL had some great plays and some amazing hits. A team does not win a game or a tournament with one or two girls you win it as a team and yesterday you did just that. It took everyone of you coming together having some great plays, and smacking that ball the way you all can in order to do well. You did that as a TEAM! Congratulations! Proud of you ALL!

I was on earlier and wondered who #13 and #6 were of the Shocker program.  I found out they are sisters one on 12 U the other on 10 U.  I see why the organization is so successful with those two on the team.  Sounds like they would not win without them.  Sounds like these two have a bright future with softball.  Way to go.

Well, i wouldn't say that the teams wouldn't win without them, cuz that is not true, the 12u has won without #6 when she was injured during a 12U practice and the 10u team is AMAZING and could do it as well.  No disrespect meant to the Shocker teams as a whole, just trying to love on my girls a little!!  Sorry if it offends anyone, but it is nice to have some one from an opposing team compliment your kid!

Bugler you have every right to be proud of your girls.. they did great! As they always do! Both are great kids and wonderful ball players. But you're also right, the teams could win with or without them just as they could win with or without any of our girls. None of our girls make or break that team. That's why it's a TEAM. They are all required to do their parts to make it work and man, when they are working as a team they are unstoppable! It's a thing of beauty. And amazing to watch.. can't wait to see what they do next weekend!

Just out of curiosity wondering what position they play, for in case my daughter and niece tryout in the spring.  If they play the same positions as those two we won't bother trying out for the team.  But it may be a good thing for my two to watch some really good players.  They need to learn from better girls.

#13 10U plays outfield left and right, and sometimes first base, and #6 12u plays left and centerfield.  Come try out anyway, you just never know, things change and people move on from teams.  They have really great coaches and from what I understand, they usually always have open practices, which has been from the beginning. 

Hornfrog.. The entire Shockers organization is full of great players and has always encouraged open tryouts and practices for all positions... since you remembered the numbers I'm sure you remembered seeing they were outfielders ;) Centerfield for #6 to be exact. I'm sure you'd enjoy seeing them and their team mates playing if you like good softball.  ;D

But don't ever NOT tryout for a team based on positions other girls on the team play.. anything can happen ... positions can change, be shared and injuries happen.. you just never know what can happen in a season. Hope to see you when we tryout in spring regardless of what positions your girls play.

Thanks to y'all. I certainly didn't imply that my girls did/do it ALL. I was simply letting them and those that read this, that we are proud of them as their parents. I know that we all single out our own for what we see them do; just wanted to say it out loud. I did say, to their team-mates also, which I felt was appropiate, and deserving.

There was no intent to take away from the team effort in the statements. My wife originally shared a statement, overheard from a coach of a team, to whom we had just lost, about one of our daughters.  It's nice, at times, to hear those things from people that you don't know, or know who you are. We, as parents, love it.

We wanted to show some love in a post to [i]our[/i] girls, as my wife said, yet include the teams for their hard work and accomplishments. When they don't do well, they know we are proud, yet disappointed in their performance for that day/play; we then talk about the corrections, and move on toward getting better.

As was posted "It's a thing of beauty. And amazing to watch.. can't wait to see what they do next weekend!"

HFF,
Bring them out if/when we have tryouts. NO position is sewn up so tight that it can't be won over by new talent. At times we have open practices for people to work out with us. Contact the coaches to see when that is. They all may be open, for all I know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder