Game of the Year Nominations

jdawg03

It takes more than being close to make a game of the year. First it should have some kind of impact on the district standings (and not challenging Lumberton for last place) and it needs to be memorable by maybe having wild scoring' date=' great individual performances, closeness, etc.[/quote']well without the silly comment about challenging Lumberton for last place..

If you recall with all your wisdom that you think you have on here.

we played Lumberton the second week after after BEATING your team.so by far is that challenging Lumberton for last place.I know you like to get in a cheap shot when you can but think before you post.

for the game of the year I would say Central /vidor

great game between two great teams.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton Vs. Silsbee very good game came down to the wire.

Newton vs Marlin very good game that came down the the wire and Newton almost pulled it out... An illegal play by Marlin gave them the win on a fake punt, but what can we do they got away with it...

Kirbyville vs. Sweeny good game also, but Kirbyville had it won but blew that one.....

no i didnt listen to yall on the radio..I just laughed my butt off when I heard yall lost...i knew you wouldnt last long just like every year..never can compete with schools outside of the GT.But yall think yall are all state every year becauseyall beat teams from around here

SILLSBEE-VS-SPLENDORA

The ultimate David and Goliath story. Sillsbee big strong and talented against Splendora heart and guts. This one had everything it takes to be a GREAT GAME, Big plays, Big defense and Determination! Even a great finish the kind that everyone remembers. My hats off to both teams for the dogfight and cat scratch that it was and the feeling for the Sillsbee team had for winning a hard fought contest that it was but also for the satisfaction Splendora had for taking home some respect for putting up a great battle!

Well piratefan, we are picking the game of the year in hindsight. The season is over. We can look back on the games and their meanings. As far as Nederland vs Vidor.. it meant NOTHING. Nederland lost and still went to the playoffs. If Nederland had won the game, they would still have ended up in the exact same 3rd place spot at 5-2 instead of 4-3. Vidor.... well, at least they beat Nederland. Good luck next year.

Actually it meant a Loss in the books..

Yall are the history buffs that are always counting yalls record every year since grandpa played.Why not count it when yall lose.?

We do count it. It is a loss.... a loss that had absolutely nothing to do with the final standings.

wait until life without mosley.

you will have nightmares of that Central game..63 points ..wow!!

That is true since Mosley has been Nederland's leading ball carrier for each of the last 11 years of our playoff run. He started his incredible string when he was in the second grade and became the starting tailback after a senior went down with an injury. No one could believe that the coach would put a 2nd grader in but 11 years later, here he is. I can hardly believe that he is finally graduating. After a little more than a decade of Mosley, we are finally going to need a new tailback. What are we to do? Cameron Bass came in the last couple of games because of an injury to our fullback but he only averaged 6.2 yards per carry so I guess we are in deep trouble.

Come on piratefan, you've got to do better. Tell me that your life is not consumed with trying to find a way to relieve your pain over not making the playoffs year after year by point out certain games that Nederland has lost.

I am not worried about us not making the playoffs, I just get tired of hearing how good Nederland is, and yall think that they are a Texas powerhouse.

But yet everyear yall go to the playoffs, right when yall get out of this area yall get beat.

Yall think Mosley is the best back in the Nation yet you cant find him anywhere on the scouting websites.Surely ALL the scouts arent idiots?? And all the people from Nederland are experts?

Yall are a good team from this area, but Nederland people need to get out of this area more and you will find out quick that there are better teams then the big bad bulldogs..

I dont claim that we are anything because I know reality, but just because yall beat a few teams around here ,yall are some kind of texas State powerhouse.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Heading into the summer and before two a days get going… what are some concerns or positives about your team heading into next season? I’d like to hear from some H-F people because according to some they are the district favorites heading into the season. I’m just trying to pass some time at least until we get our DCTF magazines lol For Bellville my concern is filling some holes on defense… specifically at LB,S, and DT… bright spots ? Basically the entire offensive line returns that paved the way for 3 RBs to rush for more than 1600 yards a  on the season (2 of those RBs will return as well). With all that said Bellville should still be a region favorite this upcoming season.
    • That’s not a choice, it’s the same thing and equally dangerous.    I’ve literally heard (with my own listening ears) the R County Chairman boast in a speech that “the only time I’ve ever voted for a Democrat was when I voted for Hillary in the Democrat primary! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” You’ll never guess who is tweeting all over the place about how we need closed primaries this week.  Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.  Escalation of force.  These are concepts that you completely understand and teach.  Whatever we do today, we’ll pay for tomorrow. Impeach a President over something stupid? They’ll impeach yours twice.  Promise to lock up your political rival if you get elected? You can’t cry over somebody else doing it to you… even if you were just blowing a little smoke for the morons.   The old days of “don’t throw rocks if you live in glass houses” has now become “I’m pretty sure I’ve got more rocks than they do.” The frightening thing is that Ds only do it to Rs. Rs do it to Ds and other Rs alike without hesitation.  
    • Definitely does NOT sound like a fit for PN-G.
    • No offense, but both sides do it.  The Rs in Texas want to do away with decades of precedent and demand that Dems are no longer given chair positions on any committees in the Tx House. It sounds reasonable enough, until you arrive at a point when the Ds enjoy a single seat majority in the house, select the most leftist speaker of all times, and the refuse to give Rs any say in the legislative process by refusing to give them any committee chairs.     Experience has shown me that any time a party seeks to consolidate power in a legislative body, it backfires.    What I don’t like is a world where we cheer for Manchin for doing his own thing, but also re-elect guys like Paxton and Patrick when they make threats to R Legislators if they don’t do exactly what the Radical Right demands. Our Rep here in Hardin County lost his spot for voting against private school vouchers-his wife is a teacher. He also voted his conscience on the Paxton impeachment.  It cost him his seat…. Not because of the will of the voters in his district, but because if millions of outside dollars pumped into the race from outside the district and even an endorsement of his unknown challenger by Donald Trump himself.    Why do people like you applaud Manchin for being his own man and then vote against Phelan for doing the same thing?
  • Topics