Like Prewitt did, Lamar must endure

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1109043" timestamp="1320777406"]
[quote author=DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS) link=topic=91095.msg1109040#msg1109040 date=1320777270]
Who starts this week?
[/quote]

I have a feeling that if Bevil is healthy, he will get the start.

Woodard was asked in the SLC phone presser today, but said he would not comment on depth chart situations.
[/quote]

There is so much to say about this situation but it is just fruitless to comment.  I will say that I was there during the Ken Stephens era and I remember going to Cardinal Club luncheons after a string of losses throughout his carreer and the sick feeling I (and others around me) had and frankly, I am starting to have those same feelings.  Again, I hope that I am wrong and I want LU to be successful, and apart from the head coach being an absolute moral and social ingrate, I don't mind who is the coach that leads them to success.  I personally do not know a single person involved with the coaching staff and administration, so I have no axe to grind.  As an unlearned fan, I have no doubt that I am incapable of doing as good a job as where we are, but I just don't get a feeling of comfort that in the long run, we will be successful on the road we are traveling now.  Once again, I am for the current regime to be wildly successful, just dissapointed in what is being said and the results.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="1109132" timestamp="1320781416"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=91095.msg1109128#msg1109128 date=1320781285]
That isn't going to be a popular decision. If we lose to Nicholls State who is winless in conference and 1-8 on the season with their only win against Evangel University there are going to be some unhappy Prewitt fan's.
[/quote]
No matter the outcome there will be unhappy Prewitt fans.
[/quote]

y'all just want Prewitt to fail..and thats a dam-n shame...this board is so "hi-skool" its krazy

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1109188" timestamp="1320783499"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=91095.msg1109132#msg1109132 date=1320781416]
That isn't going to be a popular decision. If we lose to Nicholls State who is winless in conference and 1-8 on the season with their only win against Evangel University there are going to be some unhappy Prewitt fan's.
[/quote]
[/quote]

y'all just want Prewitt to fail..and thats a dam-n shame...this board is so "hi-skool" its krazy
[/quote]
U should speak directly to people.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1109188" timestamp="1320783499"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=91095.msg1109132#msg1109132 date=1320781416]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Puddin, I hope that wasn't directed at me because on another thread I stated I think Prewitt deserves a chance to start in a game we have a real chance of winning.

I did make a statement that all the Prewitt fan's would be upset if he didn't start and we lost and you just proved that point correct.

I want him to start but I'm not Whitten or Woodard.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1109378" timestamp="1320792738"]
I repeat my earlier stance...........WHO CARES WHO THE QB IS........we want to compete, and win games!!!!!
[/quote]

exactamundo! would i like to see Prewitt play..YES..but if Bevil can play like he did at UCA, its no contest..Bevil was lights out in that game

i dont think I proved jack didly about your post being correct

what ticks me is the "Bevil or jerijo wouldnt have been sacked against SFA", or the article about prewitt surviving the sfa game and people like"blue dove' gotta pipe in with their bs and 'AAW' being so blind, they cant fathom another qb getting a shot

mike vick couldnt have gotten away from SFA's rush..

I'm not here to argue but Prewitt proved last year he could win games. Remember the last 3 games after Bevil got hurt?

I think any of the three can lead us to victory Saturday as I really believe we can beat Nicholls if we can contain their QB.

I just believe after getting the crap kicked out of him versus SFA he deserves a chance to start Saturday. If he sucks pull him and put Bevil or Johnson in.

Here is my two cents....take it for it is worth.

Bevil was the started at the beginning of the season.  He did not start this past weekend, because he was injured.  Johnson has been the backup, he did not even suit up this weekend.  Prewitt has come in in scrub time or because both Bevil and Johnson have been either injured or playing terrible.  I admit Prewitt played with tons of heart this week, however playing with heart does not necessarily put a W in the column. 

If Bevil is healthy he should start, but be on a extremely short leash.  This game is a MUST win for the Cardinals!!!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1108251" timestamp="1320709494"]
YES A BIG DIFFERENCE. Why was the quarterback sacked so many times. The other two would have ran for daylight and gained yardage,obviously if the new kid is faster than Bevil, maybe Bevil is a little quicker and to avoid the pass rush AND get rid of the ball quicker. Or some quarterbacks see the play developing faster than others.
[/quote]
Perhaps the most idiotic post I have seen to date

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1109149" timestamp="1320782128"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91095.msg1109043#msg1109043 date=1320777406]
[quote author=DA' SAWRGE (EBONICS) link=topic=91095.msg1109040#msg1109040 date=1320777270]
Who starts this week?
[/quote]

Woodard was asked in the SLC phone presser today, but said he would not comment on depth chart situations.
[/quote]

There is so much to say about this situation but it is just fruitless to comment.  I will say that I was there during the Ken Stephens era and I remember going to Cardinal Club luncheons after a string of losses throughout his carreer and the sick feeling I (and others around me) had and frankly, I am starting to have those same feelings.  Again, I hope that I am wrong and I want LU to be successful, and apart from the head coach being an absolute moral and social ingrate, I don't mind who is the coach that leads them to success.  I personally do not know a single person involved with the coaching staff and administration, so I have no axe to grind.  As an unlearned fan, I have no doubt that I am incapable of doing as good a job as where we are, but I just don't get a feeling of comfort that in the long run, we will be successful on the road we are traveling now.  Once again, I am for the current regime to be wildly successful, just dissapointed in what is being said and the results.
[/quote]

Again OMG  OMG  OMG.... This is a new team.  Many many teams do not even win a game their first of second season.  We won 5 the first and 3 so far this season and maybe we might win one or two more.  Give this program a chance.  No comparison at all to the Ken Stevens years.  this is a start up squad and we will eventually be successful.  For all those who do not attend while we are loosing...keep it shut.  For those of us who are there and support these guys through the good times and the bad.  I say thank you and GO BIG RED>>>>>

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="1109132" timestamp="1320781416"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why do you say that?  It makes no sense.  I am NOT a bevil fan.  Prewitt earned the right to be the starter going into the year.  However, dim whiten and Woodard went with bevil.  I was ready to bench bevil again until his performance in the first half against central arkansas, he was great.  But, for some reason, he pulled a bevil and didn't play the second half. 

Anyway, back to your dumb post, if Prewitt plays and we win then there will be happy Prewitt fans.  If bevil plays and we win I will likely still be hAppy.  If we lose, I won't be happy regardless of who the ab is.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1109378" timestamp="1320792738"]
I repeat my earlier stance...........WHO CARES WHO THE QB IS........we want to compete, and win games!!!!!
[/quote]

Duh!!!!  That is why peoPle care!!!  Dont you think the ab could possibly gave an effect on whether or not we win?!!!!  I want to play the best qb!!!!  That said, if we play like we have the last two weeks it literally does not matter who plays.  We will not win with our o-line abd defense plYing like that.

[quote name="cardinal" post="1109718" timestamp="1320810105"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91095.msg1109378#msg1109378 date=1320792738]
[/quote]

Duh!!!!  That is why peoPle care!!!  [b]Dont you think the ab could possibly gave an effect on whether or not we win?!!!![/b]  I want to play the best qb!!!!  That said, if we play like we have the last two weeks it literally does not matter who plays.  We will not win with our o-line abd defense plYing like that.
[/quote]

Do you know how to correctly construct an English sentence????

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1109770" timestamp="1320812742"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91095.msg1109718#msg1109718 date=1320810105]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91095.msg1109378#msg1109378 date=1320792738]
[/quote]

Duh!!!!  That is why peoPle care!!!  [b]Dont you think the ab could possibly gave an effect on whether or not we win?!!!![/b]  I want to play the best qb!!!!  That said, if we play like we have the last two weeks it literally does not matter who plays.  We will not win with our o-line abd defense plYing like that.
[/quote]

Do you know how to correctly construct an English sentence????
[/quote]Your honestly telling you don't know what he meant there.

[quote name="cardinal" post="1109707" timestamp="1320809710"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Why do you say that?  It makes no sense.  I am NOT a bevil fan.  Prewitt earned the right to be the starter going into the year.  However, dim whiten and Woodard went with bevil.  I was ready to bench bevil again until his performance in the first half against central arkansas, he was great.  But, for some reason, he pulled a bevil and didn't play the second half. 

Anyway, back to your dumb post, if Prewitt plays and we win then there will be happy Prewitt fans.  If bevil plays and we win I will likely still be hAppy.  If we lose, I won't be happy regardless of who the ab is.
[/quote]
I say that because if Bevil starts all of the Prewitt faithful are going to be upset.  And that isn't "DUMB" that is a fact.  There will be post put on this board that Prewitt should of had the chance to start against Nicholl's.  If Bevil is the Southland player of the week, like he was against SE, it will not change anything.  A certain number of people want Prewitt to start no matter what.  When you have someone post during the game how dumb the offensive coordinator is for calling QB draws, then you have a bias.  To me it looks like OC had a reason to call draws.  I'm sure Witten knew he was outmatched up front and had to do something to get the defense off balance.  To slow down a pass rush you use screens and draws.  I'm sure he knew his QB would not have time to sit in the pocket, which is evident with the nine sacks LU gave up.

It was also implied that I wanted Prewitt to fail.  Nothing could be further from the truth. I have NEVER said anything negative about any of the players on here and I NEVER will.  All of these young men [u][b]CHOSE[/b][/u] to come to Lamar and represent our university.  For that I am very thankful.  The young men that continue to have bad things said about them all have family in this area.  I'm sure their family members have read some of this stuff (I wanted to put BS here so bad  ;D ) on here and are not pleased.  You also have to think about future Kelly, Silsbee, and WO-S recruits that read this.  Do you think they believe there former teammates contributions are appreciated?

I do not deal with these young men almost everyday.  I am not at every practice.  I am not in the field house to see who is lifting weights and who is lifting a game controller. Therefore I put my trust in the people who are and let them make the decisions.  Because it is their JOB that is on the line not mine.

All I want is for Lamar to be successful. And posting negative statements about local recruits is not the way to do it.

For all of the young men and women who choose Lamar, [u][b] THANK YOU[/b][/u].

Well, the depth chart is out for the game Saturday and Prewitt is listed #1, Bevil #2 and Johnson #3.

You can see for yourself at www.lamarcardinals.com.

BTW, most of Prewitt runs against SFA weren't draws, they were read option plays and he read the DE and kept the ball. Still got hammered.

Think Red, Think Lamar!

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="1109702" timestamp="1320809463"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=91095.msg1109149#msg1109149 date=1320782128]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=91095.msg1109043#msg1109043 date=1320777406]
Who starts this week?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Again OMG  OMG  OMG.... This is a new team.  Many many teams do not even win a game their first of second season.  We won 5 the first and 3 so far this season and maybe we might win one or two more.  Give this program a chance.  No comparison at all to the Ken Stevens years.  this is a start up squad and we will eventually be successful.  For all those who do not attend while we are loosing...keep it shut.  For those of us who are there and support these guys through the good times and the bad.  I say thank you and GO BIG RED>>>>>
[/quote]

There is absolutely a lot of similarity to the things Stephens said and what Woodard says after a defeat. I will give you this, it is still early and he has another probably 2 years to prove himself and I really hope he does, but what I am telling you is that what I have seen on the field and HEARD him say from his post game and pregame comments is not inspiring.  Here is the most disturbing thing.  8,000 poeple didn't show up for the SFA game which by all means should have been a big crowd considering the opponent.  The overwhelming majority of those 8,000 never come on this board or the other board so they are not reading what is said here (whether you like what is said or not).  They are just basing their opinion on what they see on the news, read in the papers, see from past games they attended or hear from the game broadcasts.  They are forming their opinion without you or my input.  So tell me why you think they chose not to come! It wasn't because they were at the Ozen/Lumberton game Saturday night.

Well, a true QB draw even out of the pistol or spread the QB takes a step or two back then normally tries to hit a lane between the center and guard. The read option on the other hand it taken outside the tackle.

Yea, he carried the ball over twenty times but I guess that was just part of the game plan.

Go Big Red!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder