Trojan Defense

If the Coldspring Trojans shut the Liberty Panthers out tonight that means they will have only given up 54 points the entire regular season.  Not real sure about State records, but this defense has to rank right up there with the best in history.  What impresses me the most is a lot of back ups in the games in the second half not giving up points when it could have easily happened.  Please let me know what y'all think.  I really believe this could be a historical feat in our area for a defense. 

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1104094" timestamp="1320417174"]
1983 Daingerfield team (3A) scored 631 points and only gave up 8. 13 out of 14 shutouts including last 13 games. Gave up 8 points to a 4A Carthage team the first game of the year. Maybe next year CS will allow 0!  :D
[/quote]

I belive of those 8 points 2 came on a saftey and I think the other 6 were on a kick return. I could be wrong tho.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1104094" timestamp="1320417174"]
1983 Daingerfield team (3A) scored 631 points and only gave up 8. 13 out of 14 shutouts including last 13 games. Gave up 8 points to a 4A Carthage team the first game of the year. Maybe next year CS will allow 0!  :D
[/quote]

I was going to say the same.  CS has an incredible D but dangerfield was down right nasty!!!  Mz. Jackson Nasty! :P

To only let up 8 points in a season is so freakin DIRTY.. Thats tough to even imagine.. i mean 1 score in 13 games, UNREAL and about the oppenents played by CS..you cant pick your district and not our fault Kville and others made the nondistrict schedule look weak.. JUST GOTTA TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE YOU PLAY and THEY HAVE DONE THAT

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1104221" timestamp="1320426229"]
To only let up 8 points in a season is so freakin DIRTY.. Thats tough to even imagine.. i mean 1 score in 13 games, UNREAL and about the oppenents played by CS..you cant pick your district and not our fault Kville and others made the nondistrict schedule look weak.. JUST GOTTA TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE YOU PLAY and THEY HAVE DONE THAT
[/quote]

I'm you from Coldsprings?

The two most storied defenses in high school ball are the Dangerfield team and the 2003 North Shore defense teams. Both where very dominating. danger field had the lowest scoring and NS had fewest yards. CS is a very good defense and we should be able to compare them closley at the end of season.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1104224" timestamp="1320426542"]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=90918.msg1104221#msg1104221 date=1320426229]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, Kirbyville wasnt a match up at all for coldsprings this year, Guess yall shouldnt even think about playoffs. Yall tried to make a run last year and lost it to Coldspring, Yall lost it all to them Coach included. Get off of it Kvillcats

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1104376" timestamp="1320438128"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=90918.msg1104224#msg1104224 date=1320426542]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=90918.msg1104221#msg1104221 date=1320426229]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are right, Kirbyville wasnt a match up at all for coldsprings this year, Guess yall shouldnt even think about playoffs. Yall tried to make a run last year and lost it to Coldspring, Yall lost it all to them Coach included. [color=red][b]Get off of it Kvillcats[/b][/color][/quote]

WOW :o I guess you forgot they beat us last year ::) 

CS has one of the best D's in the state and I don't think it would matter who they played. Dave Campbells Texas Football has them only giving up 67. Only 3 other teams have givin up less including all classes and one of them is Katy (44). I say the CS Trogans bring the 3A state title home this year and this Wildcat fan is behind yall all the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor