So BB core bats dramatically affected college production right???? what about HS

Conservative estimates state that College production was down at least 30% last year, at least in the power department right???

So what affect do you think it will have on High School play??

I think more pitchers will shine due to reduction in power and the need to have a "better swing" vs a "better bat" to get on base.

I think purer hitters will shine since there is likely to be less random "shots" from untrained hitters.  There for, good batters will be easier to identify.

I think team speed will be a larger factor in scoring, contact hitters will struggle.

Net result...the game is going to change just like it did in College.....on average I think scores will be down.

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Production shouldn't drop as much as did in college if you use the new versions of the bbcore. Last year the bat manufacturers were hit with the new requirements in like August, and had very little time to prepare(some such as tpx had thier bats out by October). This year the manufacturers have had time to make a better bat based on the new requirements. Look at the rip it bat it was one of the last ones to come out, because the manufacturers tried to make the best bat possible, and it blew the other bats away. I have personally used some of the new models and they are 10 times better than last year.

Production will still drop in hs compared to last year, but it wont be as big a drop as last year in college.

• 3 months later...
BB core is making a drastic affect on offensive production and look at the number of pitchers have no no's going into late innings.  I think we will see a lot more control pitchers without velocity having more time on the bump since walks equals base runners.  Without those random shanks from weaker hitters with hot bats, base runners are becoming more of a premium.  Even the nice strokes from good hitters are outs more often now.  Dominate pitchers(mph++)  will still shine as always but those with control issues may not see as much rope to hang themselves because coaches may not be able to afford the base runners. Good friend once told me stats are for losers and I have to say it makes a lot more sense than I care to admit, but I do believe we will see at least 30% reduction in power related categories this year ie:  hr's, rbi's, slugging, extra base hits.  Conversely, an increase in ROE(reached on error), defensive fielding percentage, number of walks, Stolen bases being high contributing factors to winning.

I think they are going to have to start a new column in the record books...actually two columns...pre-bbcore and post-bbcore.  It has and will change the game that much.  Real batters will shine and marginal batters will suffer and poor batters will die on the vine. I think even pitchers will have better numbers.  I think it is a domino effect. Less hits, fewer base runners, fewer stolen bases equals less runs scored. The best and most trained will rise to the top and be easier to identify. The players who only pick-up a baseball or bat when it's season will struggle.  Before anyone points out an exception...I agree there will be exceptions as always...talking vast majorities

Player                  Class        School            HR's
Blake Hicks              (Soph)          HF              3
James Swan            (Jr.)          LCM                3
Ross Lightfoot          (Sr.)        Silsbee              3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zach Garcia.            (Soph)    Baytown Sterl    2
Eric Robinson          (Sr)        Crosby            2
Chance Czerwonka    (Sr.)        GCM              2
Justin Twine          (Soph.)      Hemphill            2
Jacob Clark              (Sr.)        Jasper              2
Trent Fontenot        (Sr.)          NED              2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blake Bonnin            (Sr.)        Barbers Hill        1
Christian Thames      (Jr.)          Barbers Hill        1
Kody Thompson        (Sr.)        Barbers Hill        1
Jesse Baker              (Sr.)          Brenham          1
Eric Stegent              (Sr.)          Brenham        1
Dayne Wunderlick    (Jr.)          Brenham        1
Jake Lamoine          (Sr.)          BC                1
Bryce Sampere.        (Jr.)            BC                1
Justin Yoes            (Sr.)          Buna              1
Hunter Rising            (JR)  East Chambers    1
Zach Shivers          (Sr)          GCM              1
Jake Merchant        (Jr.)          Hemphill.          1
Austin Listi              (Sr.)        Huffman            1 
Joe Walker              (Sr.)        Jasper              1
Steinhagen              (Sr.)          Kelly              1
Colby price              (Sr.)        kountze            1
Zach Drouillard        (Sr.)        LCM                1
Brandon Humphrey  (Jr.)        LCM                  1
Alex Blem              (Sr.)        LCM                  1
Ryan Carline          (Sr.)        LCM                  1
Andrew Lantrip      (Jr.)          Livingston          1
Kanton Richard        (Sr.)          NED              1
Jordan Wood          (Sr.)          NED              1
Nick Buckner            (Jr.)      Northshore          1
Braxton Smith        (Soph)    Orangefield        1
KALEB CLARKE          (Jr.)          PNG              1
Adam Valencia          (Jr.)        Silsbee            1
Jordan Gore            (Soph)      Silsbee            1
Jeremy Stevenson    (soph)      Vidor              1
JonBoy Smith            (Jr.)        Vidor              1
Charles Guillory        (Jr.)      Westbrook          1
Torin Hickman.          (Jr.)      Woodville          1
Jacoy Finney            (Sr.)          WOS              1

[quote name="AlwaysStriveAlwaysProsper" post="1188982" timestamp="1330545807"]
but the the Rip Its are porrely made because i have already witnessed one of them breaking in person after the 10th or 11th time to swing it.
[/quote]

I know alot of people who speak very highly of the rip it prototype 1, however I believe that bat has since been banned in the NCAA. I don't know anyting about the prototype 2.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder