PNG vs Central Predictions

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1103449" timestamp="1320349815"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90615.msg1103424#msg1103424 date=1320349001]
We'll be back next year.  Once the bad apples have been picked out and we bring in a breath of fresh air, we'll be back to a dominant self.  But for now, we have to endure another butt kicking of epic proportions, this time, in front of the home crowd for senior night.  I, again, will not be intendence to see the same foolishness go on.  I will however man up to my bet to a PN-G fan on changing my signature for a year which sucks to the utmost. 

Thanks for the kind words, PN-G fans.  It's a darn shame when other teams fans are more positive than I am.  I won't let this Central team get me down long as I'll be attending some of these playoff games.
[/quote]

This game smells of an upset for some reason, but The Tribe should put that stinch out with being prepared and focused.

Soulja, I've always enjoyed your posts and insight....you took this season like a man... Central will bounce back and be a top tier football team in 20-4A sooner than later IMO.
[/quote]No, trust me.  I've seen you guys play already this year and I've seen us play 8 games.  You guys could come out flat and go through the motions and you'll win.  We  have 'People' in place to ensure that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1103467" timestamp="1320350260"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90615.msg1103449#msg1103449 date=1320349815]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90615.msg1103424#msg1103424 date=1320349001]
We'll be back next year.  Once the bad apples have been picked out and we bring in a breath of fresh air, we'll be back to a dominant self.  But for now, we have to endure another butt kicking of epic proportions, this time, in front of the home crowd for senior night.  I, again, will not be intendence to see the same foolishness go on.  I will however man up to my bet to a PN-G fan on changing my signature for a year which sucks to the utmost. 

Thanks for the kind words, PN-G fans.  It's a darn shame when other teams fans are more positive than I am.  I won't let this Central team get me down long as I'll be attending some of these playoff games.
[/quote]

This game smells of an upset for some reason, but The Tribe should put that stinch out with being prepared and focused.

Soulja, I've always enjoyed your posts and insight....you took this season like a man... Central will bounce back and be a top tier football team in 20-4A sooner than later IMO.
[/quote]No, trust me.  I've seen you guys play already this year and I've seen us play 8 games.  You guys could come out flat and go through the motions and you'll win.  [b]We  have 'People' in place to ensure that.[/b]

[/quote]

That is very sad. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1103467" timestamp="1320350260"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90615.msg1103449#msg1103449 date=1320349815]

[/quote]

[/quote]No, trust me.  I've seen you guys play already this year and I've seen us play 8 games.  You guys could come out flat and go through the motions and you'll win.  We  have 'People' in place to ensure that.
[/quote]

I agree, Central will hopefully come out strong next year.  You guys are always a strong team. 

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1103426" timestamp="1320349162"]
Central WILL be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Next season you'll be singing Guess whos back----back again ----- Centrals back Centrals back Centrals back.......
[/quote]
Good. We want them back to there old ways. I used to love playing Central because no matter what team was having a bad year or whatever it was always a great game. We kinda missed that this year. It just seemed like they had no drive. IMO if they would've had the fighting spirit and actually wanted to win the game against us it could've been a different outcome.

Now, with that being said, I have some things that PN-G can work on in this meaningless game.(maybe there is meaning since I believe they are playing for seeding for Dayton or the Ant Mound)

1. Don't go away from what works.  You guys have the greatest mismatch perhaps of any team entering the playoffs with the Nelson kid.  If that kid can make those catches in double coverage, keep feeding him the ball down stretch.You guys had the foot on Vidor's neck and slacked off. 

2. On defense, keep #8 in positions to make plays.

3.  Keep the offense balanced.  Good teams you will face in the playoffs will stop one or the other. 

4. Don't go away from the trick play.  'Tricky' teams are the dangerous teams in the playoffs.  I love the swinging gate for extra points and the shotgun formation punts that you guys do. Also, I love the guts to call double reverse pass plays.  The offensive scheme is on point.

5.  You guys need to tell your coach that the backup RB (#25 I believe) to get more time in games than 2 or 3 plays a night.  He's a gamer.  Your staff should be able to see that.  Heck, I know the fans see it. 

6.  I hear that you guys have a Sophmore Reciever.  Since #4 will automatically get a double team, throw to the young gun on the other side.  I hear he's pretty good. It'll be nice to get this kid experienced in playoff football since  you  have him 2 more  years.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PNGFan" post="1103514" timestamp="1320352837"]
Ned - 8-1, 6-0
Liv - 7-2, 4-2
PNG - 6-3, 4-2
Vidor - 7-2, 4-2
Ozen - 4-5, 3-3
Cen - 2-7, 1-5
LCM - 4-5, 1-5
Lum - 1-8, 1-5
[/quote]
??

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1103510" timestamp="1320352726"]
Now, with that being said, I have some things that PN-G can work on in this meaningless game.(maybe there is meaning since I believe they are playing for seeding for Dayton or the Ant Mound)

1. Don't go away from what works.  You guys have the greatest mismatch perhaps of any team entering the playoffs with the Nelson kid.  If that kid can make those catches in double coverage, keep feeding him the ball down stretch.You guys had the foot on Vidor's neck and slacked off. 

3.  Keep the offense balanced.  Good teams you will face in the playoffs will stop one or the other. 

4. Don't go away from the trick play.  'Tricky' teams are the dangerous teams in the playoffs.  I love the swinging gate for extra points and the shotgun formation punts that you guys do. Also, I love the guts to call double reverse pass plays.  The offensive scheme is on point.

5.  You guys need to tell your coach that the backup RB (#25 I believe) to get more time in games than 2 or 3 plays a night.  He's a gamer.  Your staff should be able to see that.  Heck, I know the fans see it. 

6.  I hear that you guys have a Sophmore Reciever.  Since #4 will automatically get a double team, throw to the young gun on the other side.  I hear he's pretty good. It'll be nice to get this kid experienced in playoff football since  you  have him 2 more  years.
[/quote]+1

[quote name="surfer73" post="1103537" timestamp="1320353800"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90615.msg1103510#msg1103510 date=1320352726]

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2

[quote name="NDNation" post="1103542" timestamp="1320354024"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=90615.msg1103537#msg1103537 date=1320353800]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90615.msg1103510#msg1103510 date=1320352726]

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1103510" timestamp="1320352726"]

[/quote]

Hey, i know Faircloth is a classy guy but I don't want him to get off the gas till the last minute of the game.  Give us another shut out and big blow out.  That will maybe help us bring in some new coaching blood. 

I haven't seen you'll play this year but maybe since Soulja says that your coaching staff is so creative maybe we can borrow your OC for the next several years...

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1103547" timestamp="1320354465"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=90615.msg1103542#msg1103542 date=1320354024]

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3
[/quote]About #5, if you can figure this out let me know, there has been alot of talk about this and well not much has happened. Just saying, with him in there in the last few against Vidor, Bertrand is not keyed on as bad and I believe doesn't get hit for a 4 yard loss. Don't think it will happen, but Arvie's brother could come up as a freshman and probably do good. That kid is super....
6. Chipman is going to be every bit as good as Nelson. He has had great games this year, ie LCM, but sometimes he has brick hands...he is still young, but oh so much potential
2. #8, Chase Romero, always seems to get in the right position to make plays....luckily this year he's been in the right position with his grades, that's what I get worried about

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1103545" timestamp="1320354254"]
Is the Problem at Central the Coaching staff ? I may be behind the conversation. But that what it sounds like, the boys don't respond to the coaches or there are some very bad apples in the bunch that have brought a bad attitude. Whats your take ?
[/quote]It's a broken record, man.  check the Vidor/Central thread for my input.  Or maybe check all of the Central game threads.  I found myself repeating myself over and over again this year.  To sum it up in a nutshell, we are not that good of team.  Our staff have never adjusted to life AFTER Heard.  Our blocking scheme is trash and our defensive playcalling is vanilla.  Also, our first team all district QB have not thrown for over 100 yards in ANY game this year.  Partially because the recievers won't catch anything or poor preparations by our staff.  There is more I could say, but it'll be a waste of bandwich. lol

The only thing I can figure with Arvie is that Faircloth is either holding him as a wild card to throw in if we get into a bad position in the playoffs or trying to beef up Bertrand's stats by giving him the ball more.

Neither reason seems to make much sense, but I'm not the coach.

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1103558" timestamp="1320355312"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=90615.msg1103547#msg1103547 date=1320354465]

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3
[/quote]About #5, if you can figure this out let me know, there has been alot of talk about this and well not much has happened. Just saying, with him in there in the last few against Vidor, Bertrand is not keyed on as bad and I believe doesn't get hit for a 4 yard loss. Don't think it will happen, but Arvie's brother could come up as a freshman and probably do good. That kid is super....
6. Chipman is going to be every bit as good as Nelson. He has had great games this year, ie LCM, but sometimes he has brick hands...he is still young, but oh so much potential
2. #8, Chase Romero, always seems to get in the right position to make plays....luckily this year he's been in the right position with his grades, that's what I get worried about
[/quote]From what I here there is good chance that Romero is going to go to a good program and that has lit a fire under his arse. Chipman is a sophmore that is bigger and stronger than half the seniors this year going to be cool to get to watch him play these next two years.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1103556" timestamp="1320355239"]

[/quote]

Hey, i know Faircloth is a classy guy but I don't want him to get off the gas till the last minute of the game.  Give us another shut out and big blow out.  That will maybe help us bring in some new coaching blood. 

I haven't seen you'll play this year but maybe since Soulja says that your coaching staff is so creative maybe we can borrow your OC for the next several years...
[/quote]Chuuch!  ;D

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3
[/quote]# 5.  Politics maybe?

6.  Yes, give the young gun some time.  He'll be ok.

8.  That's really great!

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1103561" timestamp="1320355642"]
The only thing I can figure with Arvie is that Faircloth is either holding him as a wild card to throw in if we get into a bad position in the playoffs or trying to beef up Bertrand's stats by giving him the ball more.

[b]Neither reason seems to make much sense[/b], but I'm not the coach.
[/quote]I agree!

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3
[/quote]
6! jumping the gun on comparing him to nelson i believe...we will see how his career turns out

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1103624" timestamp="1320360746"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=90615.msg1103558#msg1103558 date=1320355312]

[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3
[/quote]
6! jumping the gun on comparing him to nelson i believe...we will see how his career turns out
[/quote]Maybe, but he is really good for a sophmore. With wingfield working with him like he did with Nelson, I think he can mold him to the same type of receiver....time will tell....We sure will need him next year with the seniors we're losing, but I think we'll be fine...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder