PNG vs Central Predictions

Change of plans.  I'm actually 'forced' to attend this game.  I found out last minute that I'll have to attend the Senior night festivities.  It's good I'll be supporting the school and the kids. Bad that I'll have to be tortured into watching PN-G dominate us in every phase of the game.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1103624" timestamp="1320360746"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=90615.msg1103558#msg1103558 date=1320355312]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=90615.msg1103547#msg1103547 date=1320354465]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=90615.msg1103542#msg1103542 date=1320354024]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=90615.msg1103537#msg1103537 date=1320353800]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90615.msg1103510#msg1103510 date=1320352726]
Now, with that being said, I have some things that PN-G can work on in this meaningless game.(maybe there is meaning since I believe they are playing for seeding for Dayton or the Ant Mound)

1. Don't go away from what works.  You guys have the greatest mismatch perhaps of any team entering the playoffs with the Nelson kid.  If that kid can make those catches in double coverage, keep feeding him the ball down stretch.You guys had the foot on Vidor's neck and slacked off. 

2. On defense, keep #8 in positions to make plays.

3.  Keep the offense balanced.  Good teams you will face in the playoffs will stop one or the other. 

4. Don't go away from the trick play.  'Tricky' teams are the dangerous teams in the playoffs.  I love the swinging gate for extra points and the shotgun formation punts that you guys do. Also, I love the guts to call double reverse pass plays.  The offensive scheme is on point.

5.  You guys need to tell your coach that the backup RB (#25 I believe) to get more time in games than 2 or 3 plays a night.  He's a gamer.  Your staff should be able to see that.  Heck, I know the fans see it. 

6.  I hear that you guys have a Sophmore Reciever.  Since #4 will automatically get a double team, throw to the young gun on the other side.  I hear he's pretty good. It'll be nice to get this kid experienced in playoff football since  you  have him 2 more  years.
[/quote]+1
[/quote]

+2
[/quote]

+3
[/quote]About #5, if you can figure this out let me know, there has been alot of talk about this and well not much has happened. Just saying, with him in there in the last few against Vidor, Bertrand is not keyed on as bad and I believe doesn't get hit for a 4 yard loss. Don't think it will happen, but Arvie's brother could come up as a freshman and probably do good. That kid is super....
6. Chipman is going to be every bit as good as Nelson. He has had great games this year, ie LCM, but sometimes he has brick hands...he is still young, but oh so much potential
2. #8, Chase Romero, always seems to get in the right position to make plays....luckily this year he's been in the right position with his grades, that's what I get worried about
[/quote]
6! [b]jumping the gun on comparing him to nelson[/b] i believe...we will see how his career turns out
[/quote]

Haven't people always compared players to players from the past? I know I have seen it plenty of times. 

[quote name="baddog" post="1104102" timestamp="1320417995"]
[quote  author=NDNation link=topic=90615.msg1104100#msg1104100 date=1320417680]
FYI: PNG Admin sold out....but they will be selling at the gates!
[/quote]
I think LCM sold out the visitor's side.  ;D
[/quote]

MidCounty gonna to be empty tonight!

Soulja, I don't know if you made the Freshman or JV games last night but I saw things from the Central coaching staff that I didn't like. They spend more time yelling at the refs than teaching these young men the fundamentals of the game. I sat and watched when the offensive and defensive teams came off the field, not one coach grouped these young men together and gave them a pat on the back or head. I was really embarrassed for the freshman team, after the game the coach was standing in the middle of the field screaming at the Refs in front of the players. Finally Coach Washington stepped in and pulled him away, but what is this teaching these kids? After that the Refs were setting on the PNG bench between games and a young fan from Central walked around the track and challenged the Refs to come to the parking lot. I know its been a frustrating year for the Jags, but these coaches need to get there emotions under control and teach these kids. Central has some good kids and strive for discipline and teaching and I just didn't see that last night from the coaches.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1104126" timestamp="1320419476"]
Soulja, I don't know if you made the Freshman or JV games last night but I saw things from the Central coaching staff that I didn't like. They spend more time yelling at the refs than teaching these young men the fundamentals of the game. I sat and watched when the offensive and defensive teams came off the field, not one coach grouped these young men together and gave them a pat on the back or head. I was really embarrassed for the freshman team, after the game the coach was standing in the middle of the field screaming at the Refs in front of the players. Finally Coach Washington stepped in and pulled him away, but what is this teaching these kids? After that the Refs were setting on the PNG bench between games and a young fan from Central walked around the track and challenged the Refs to come to the parking lot. I know its been a frustrating year for the Jags, but these coaches need to get there emotions under control and teach these kids. Central has some good kids and strive for discipline and teaching and I just didn't see that last night from the coaches.
[/quote]No, I generally do not watch subvarsity football, but if this foolishness is going on the lower levels, then a housecleaning is needed there as well.  We need no 'holdovers' for the start of next year.  We need a clean slate with the young talent comming in to rally around the Mitchell Bros.

soulja go in there and erase all that hoopla from under your post, and pay up your bet, you know I have the best hands in the crowd! I can tell you our plays like a mofo, and I won't be bashful about telling you! I knew you were gonna go watch your jags tonite lol good luck to y'all.  I don't think faircloth will hang 50 on y'all tonite but might see a good 42 or so by the early third quarter!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder