For you Vidor fans I have a question

I just spoke with Mr Tolbert he did infact have a long TD pass of 89 yards against South Park he said the ball actually traveled 76 yards through the air. A record that is still held at Vidor till this day. He did note that they beat South Park at there own home field. Was a pleasure talking to the former Vidor QB. I asked Mr Tolbert how he could throw the football so hard he said; Son after school and on weekends I slung railroads tyes all day long working on the railroad thats were I gained my throwing strength from. He also said he threw a pass so hard it caused his WR to fall to the ground. This was very enjoyable discussion Thankyou Mr Tolbert for you time

Guest Pirate_pride_07
That was back in the day when you would wake up before school barrel some hay and put a new fence post in and then go to school and come home after school and work some more and eat supper a sun down. When everyone knew how to really work.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1096469" timestamp="1319766907"]
That was back in the day when you would wake up before school barrel some hay and put a new fence post in and then go to school and come home after school and work some more and eat supper a sun down. When everyone knew how to really work.
[/quote]Truer words were never spoken. 8)

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1096453" timestamp="1319766522"]
I just spoke with Mr Tolbert he did infact have a long TD pass of 89 yards against South Park he said the ball actually traveled 76 yards through the air. A record that is still held at Vidor till this day. He did note that they beat South Park at there own home field. Was a pleasure talking to the former Vidor QB. I asked Mr Tolbert how he could throw the football so hard he said; Son after school and on weekends I slung railroads tyes all day long working on the railroad thats were I gained my throwing strength from. He also said he threw a pass so hard it caused his WR to fall to the ground. This was very enjoyable discussion Thankyou Mr Tolbert for you time
[/quote]

applaud for you JH... it is a pleasure to see something brought up.... and talked about without jr high antics thrown in the conversation..... hats off to you very honorable way you handled your curiosity vs disbelieve... and I have found it is always a pleasure to sit down with the old timers and just listen.... some have lived through many changes in this ole world that come from Party line telephones to cell phones..... from writing letters ... to emails..... from listening to a show on the radio to watching it on TV.... they have made many changes and jumps in their live time and if a young man is patient enough to sit and just listen he can learn much from an old timer just from his stories and his experiences....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I don't believe in changing the definition of a word because a group does not like it. That makes me laugh honestly.....especially the "code word" comments.....because I'm white as they come (although I have A LOT of cajun blood)....and no one, not one person has gave me the "code word" handbook of racist phrases and words. I had no idea that when a person uses the OK hand gesture (and I grew up on the little rascals) it was racist until a black person posted about it.......common sense would be that white people signally to other white people would both know what the gesture means, not the people excluded.....
    • Where did I say semi-white? I said not white as rice, meaning I have a more Mediterranean skin tone as my paternal Grandfather was an immigrant. Greek. Supposedly a little Cherokee in there too. What you want to call me now?
    • Let’s see….that sounds like a euphemism for N-Lover. I’ve been called that too. You ARE a racist!
    • Charlie Kirk? You gotta be kidding. So, FOX is real news until it isn’t? Check out 538’s aggregate polling. Last I checked, it was 40.8 Trump, 40.3 Biden, with the gap closing. The felon is falling.
  • Topics