Cleveland vs Coldsprings

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1080044" timestamp="1318363834"]
I may be eating crow Friday night, but i still believe this will be a closer game than everyone else thinks. I know if the Indians are ever gonna put up 4 big quarters, it will be this Friday. if I'm wrong, hey that's the way it goes. But I believe in our boys. Good Luck Indians!!!
[/quote]
After the game its about a 4 mile drive to my hous Indian Fan you can come over and we will talk about it over an ice cold glass of tea.. See you at the game .... ;D

I may be eating crow Friday night, but i still believe this will be a closer game than everyone else thinks. I know if the Indians are ever gonna put up 4 big quarters, it will be this Friday. if I'm wrong, hey that's the way it goes. But I believe in our boys. Good Luck Indians!!!
[/quote]Sorry my man. Coldsprings 56 Cleveland 7. Yep its going to be ugly.

[/quote]
There's nothing wrong with supporting your team, this is Coldsprings not Huffman, they won't come on here and bash you for losing to them. Cleveland is better than last year but you can't say they are rising because compared to the previous years they are still declining. I watched the Cleveland vs Splendora game and the Cleveland vs Shepherd game, from a Liberty fans standpoint I'm not overlooking them because the fact that I went to see these to games says that I'm interested in what Cleveland can do. At this point I think they are too sloppy, they can't throw very well at all, their defense is too young to win the game for them and Franks and #12 seem to be the only offensive weapons for the Indians. Coldsprings offense is very well executed, they don't make many mistakes and they do have a defense that can win the game for them if something were to happen offensively (that is against Cleveland  maybe not Huffman and Liberty, but we know CS offense won't be stopped completely against both of those teams). Coldsprings should beat Cleveland just about as bad as they beat Shepherd, but good luck to both teams.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1081003" timestamp="1318467578"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=89522.msg1080044#msg1080044 date=1318363834]
[/quote]
There's nothing wrong with supporting your team, this is Coldsprings not Huffman, they won't come on here and bash you for losing to them. Cleveland is better than last year but you can't say they are rising because compared to the previous years they are still declining. I watched the Cleveland vs Splendora game and the Cleveland vs Shepherd game, from a Liberty fans standpoint I'm not overlooking them because the fact that I went to see these to games says that I'm interested in what Cleveland can do. At this point I think they are too sloppy, they can't throw very well at all, their defense is too young to win the game for them and Franks and #12 seem to be the only offensive weapons for the Indians. Coldsprings offense is very well executed, they don't make many mistakes and they do have a defense that can win the game for them if something were to happen offensively (that is against Cleveland  maybe not Huffman and Liberty, but we know CS offense won't be stopped completely against both of those teams). Coldsprings should beat Cleveland just about as bad as they beat Shepherd, but good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

No one from Huffman has yet to bash any team they have beaten. Only SOME of the fans of the one team that talked more trash than anyone one this site(Liberty). The game has been over for three weeks and you still can't stop bashing Huffman. Dude you lost get over it.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1081019" timestamp="1318469552"]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89522.msg1081003#msg1081003 date=1318467578]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=89522.msg1080044#msg1080044 date=1318363834]
[/quote]
[/quote]

No one from Huffman has yet to bash any team they have beaten. Only SOME of the fans of the one team that talked more trash than anyone one this site(Liberty). The game has been over for three weeks and you still can't stop bashing Huffman. Dude you lost get over it.
[/quote]
I'll get over it when I feel like it, thank you. Huffman played dirty, they were hitting our kids out of bounds, grabbing face masks and yanking players around while on the receiving end of the kickoff. They were throwing the ball deep when the game was out of reach, they showed no class yet they claimed that Liberty had no class because their players were over on Huffman's sidelines trying to fight after the game ( I didn't see this with my own eyes so who knows if they player's even did this ). But if they did, oh well they're kids, get over it, just don't try and act like Huffman's players were classy and Liberty's weren't.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1081066" timestamp="1318473250"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=89522.msg1081019#msg1081019 date=1318469552]
[quote author=AOO7 link=topic=89522.msg1081003#msg1081003 date=1318467578]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll get over it when I feel like it, thank you. Huffman played dirty, they were hitting our kids out of bounds, grabbing face masks and yanking players around while on the receiving end of the kickoff. They were throwing the ball deep when the game was out of reach, they showed no class yet they claimed that Liberty had no class because their players were over on Huffman's sidelines trying to fight after the game ( I didn't see this with my own eyes so who knows if they player's even did this ). But if they did, oh well they're kids, get over it, just don't try and act like Huffman's players were classy and Liberty's weren't.
[/quote]

Just look at the way Liberty fans post in here compared to Huffman and that will tell you all you need to know about  each community. Huffman hasn't had any of thier fans banned yet liberty has had multiple ones. Huffman fans don't come on here and bash other communities, challenge posters to fights, or tell people to kill them selves like some liberty fans do. Huffman has always and will always have more class than Liberty.

BTW it has already been said by a liberty fan that since Liberty's coach has a reputation for screwing over other coaches, many coaches in this area will run up the score on him whenever they get a chance.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Wow, so I guess from your logic above Cleveland (5-1) is the same as Shepherd (0-6) because CS will beat us just as bad. So this would mean CS will also beat Liberty(5-1) just as bad as Shepherd. I'm just ready to see the game friday, win or lose I'll be in the stands until the game is over, cheering for our Indians.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Bahaha, you better watch some more films Brotha, Cleveland is much better this year, young or not, doesnt the 5-1 tell you that, for the first time in years these boys are playing AS A TEAM, makes a big difference! And only having Franks and Taylor you say, I'm still ROTFL......... Good luck to both teams Friday night.

Called and talked Coach Barbay today, he informed me that he is going to step up and bring the 7th grade A-team for
fridays homecomming game . hahahah!!!!  no just kidding Cleveland is looking a lot better this year and i hope that is
a good clean, injury free game.
WAY TO GO  TROJANS

[quote name="TROJAN92" post="1081693" timestamp="1318539462"]
Called and talked Coach Barbay today, he informed me that he is going to step up and bring the 7th grade A-team for
fridays homecomming game . hahahah!!!!  no just kidding Cleveland is looking a lot better this year and i hope that is
a good clean, injury free game.
WAY TO GO  TROJANS
[/quote]

HaHa, That was really not that funny...But yes looking for a good, clean game. emotions will be high on both sides of the field.  Come on Indians

Will be absolutely shocked if Cleveland keeps the score within 3 td's....This isn't Cleveland pre-2010 when they had really good coaching and talent....I don't think the coaching or talent level is where it's been prior years...

It will be a long night for Cleveland...They are going to get hammered similar to how they were last year at their house...

Hope everyone is safe going and coming and that fans from both sides act right...

[quote name="MEM" post="1082004" timestamp="1318582844"]
Will be absolutely shocked if Cleveland keeps the score within 3 td's....This isn't Cleveland pre-2010 when they had really good coaching and talent....I don't think the coaching or talent level is where it's been prior years...

It will be a long night for Cleveland...They are going to get hammered similar to how they were last year at their house...

Hope everyone is safe going and coming and that fans from both sides act right...
[/quote]
The talent in Cleveland is there still, Mapels has to figure out where to put the talent and utilize each player on the team.. I think If Maples can figure that out then the Cleveland Indians will be back playing as strong as they was in the Tullos era. Mapels was thrown to the wolves last year a week or so before 2 a days and I feel has came a long way with the team, but still has some learning to do as a head coach. I look for them to make make a vast improvement innext year or so

Well I still think I'm going to watch Shepherd vs Liberty but the battle of the c's has an interesting history.  Cleveland is sooo much better than last year so yes we can assume that the game will be closer.  And if my memory serves me correctly I think  Barbay will have to beat Cleveland two more times in order to even the score since he has been head coach.  :o
We all know how good Coldsping is, DANG GOOD, so I think for the Indians to make it some what competetive is more than anyone else has done all year.  I think the Indian community needs to really be greatful for how hard their coaches and athletes have worked to turn around last years season after being set up for failure.  Everygame is different and I always route for the underdawg!!  Go INDIANS!     

Maple starts 2nd year as head coach. 2010 record: 2-8 (2-4 district, 5th place) Returning Starters: 6 offenses, 7 defenses.
Outlook: Juggled Cleveland and Liberty several times and if I could get by I would call it a toss-up for the 3rd spot in 22-3A. Players who need to step up to move the Indians into a play-off birth this year. A seasoned QB Julius Buckley but right now has a low pass rating and TD 3 Int 5 needs to pick up passing game, a hard nose running 6-1, 195 lb RB Frank Harrell has been the Indians main weapon and rightly so, he ranks 2nd in 22-3A behind maybe one of the best running backs in 3-A or more football, Sherman Gilbert from Coldspring. and whjat happened to  speed merchant RB Jaboris Dickerson plus a wide receiver that is had a reputation catching anything close WR Jacob Garner. Both ahve disappeared off of the Indians play plan. Defensive players Kevin Strong, Terrance Vonner and Randall Richards may be the key to take the final step to the play-offs. Place kicker Pedro Fernandez is indeed a defensive player with his deep kickoffs.

Achilles heal: Has Coach Maple been there long enough to hold the line on disciplined and personal fouls that have plagued the Indians in the past?

Coach Jones of Shepherd said after playing Coldspring that man for man, the first 22 players for the Trojans was better than any team he had ever coached against and that was saying alot. He is a ex-5A coach and has played a lot of good teams. With that being said I am not even going to project a score for the game. I believe that if Cleveland holds Coldspring under 50 points they will join a very select group. We have all talked about the Coldspring offense, but lets not over look that they are the Number 1 defensive team in East Texas by a good margin.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1082445" timestamp="1318627021"]
Great point about the defense.  The offense has been stellar this year, but the defense has also done exceptionally well.  I don't believe the Trojans have given up over 100 points this year.
[/quote]
Coldspring hasn't had 50 total scored on them all year I dont think

The Trojans have had 51 points scored against them, but only had 6 scored in the first half. The remaining points were scored after the first defensive unit had left the field, all in the 2nd half. None of their games have been close, Crockett and Hempstead moved the ball against their 2nd unit but had -0- against their 1st unit. Barbay thinks that the defense is his teams stronge point and I am going to agree. Remember they have two (not one but two) All State defensive players returned from their 14-2 State finalist team.
Just think if Sherman Gilbert played a full 4 quarter each game, to make a compairson he has 1079 yards and 21 touchdowns compared to Clevelands Tyrell Franks 1025 Yards and 12 touchdowns in 147 carries. Right behind Franks is another Trojan Colton Monroe with 801 yards and 12 touchdowns on 70 carries. That is a duo that Cleveland has to deal with tonight.
I have heard that Monroe sprain an ankle last week.

WHILE CLEVELAND WAS RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS, COLDSPRINGS JUST KEPT PUTTING POINTS ON THE SCORE BOARD.
61 TO Z.E.R.O    COLDSPRINGS WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CLEVELAND, HOWEVER DOES HAVE PLENTY OF SIZE AND SPEED. I REALLY THINK WITH ALOT MORE DISCIPLINE AND
COACHING THEY WILL BE COMPETITIVE. COLDSPRINGS D WAS JUST TO MUCH FOR THEM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23