Hemphill vs. New Waverly....who takes it??

[quote name="jlc2010" post="1077344" timestamp="1318102719"]
hemp will win this but, the district championship will be settled this friday nite CCvs SA. they have a defense. hemp will get  third spot.
[/quote]

I love these SA fans. First Hemphill would be 0-5 in district, then they might beat 1-4, beating only Deweyville, now they get the third spot (I assume losing to SA and CC). They just can't bear the thought that HH might have a decent team. Hemphill has the best athlete in the district and 11 kids on both sides of the ball who give 100% on every play. They might not win every game, but they're fun to watch and are giving the fans their money's worth.  It's also fun to watch the SA fans getting a little nervous.

[quote name="rlsmith1975" post="1077966" timestamp="1318164282"]
[quote author=jlc2010 link=topic=89493.msg1077344#msg1077344 date=1318102719]
hemp will win this but, the district championship will be settled this friday nite CCvs SA. they have a defense. hemp will get  third spot.
[/quote]

I love these SA fans. First Hemphill would be 0-5 in district, then they might beat 1-4, beating only Deweyville, now they get the third spot (I assume losing to SA and CC). They just can't bear the thought that HH might have a decent team. Hemphill has the best athlete in the district and 11 kids on both sides of the ball who give 100% on every play. They might not win every game, but they're fun to watch and are giving the fans their money's worth.  It's also fun to watch the SA fans getting a little nervous.
[/quote]

If your not a little nervous about the SA-Hemphill game then you are dillusional. I don't care what both teams have been doing all year, this is a long standing rivalry. These two teams play harder on that night than any other the rest of the year. When you have an athlete like Justin Twine there is the potenial to score at anytime. But this won't be the first time that the SA defense has had to adjust for his speed. They did a vey good job last year and are improved this year. Except for two games, we have held the rest our opponents to 14 points combined. Should be a good game.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin twine has improved exponentially over last year, so don't base your beliefs on that. Now, the offense is built around him. He can run, pass, scramble or hand off to his brother, who is a big time threat. SA may stop them, but it will be the biggest defensive challenge SA has seen all year.

[quote name="rlsmith1975" post="1077966" timestamp="1318164282"]
[quote author=jlc2010 link=topic=89493.msg1077344#msg1077344 date=1318102719]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Still possible on that 1-4 record, but New Waverly and Groveton are both down.  Corrigan, Deweyville, and San Augustine have what you call a "defense".  They will have an answer for the Twine brothers, who else ya got that will make a difference in the game?  No one.

Guest momof2hornets
Do you SA fans sit around and wait on a post to be made about Hemphill? Y'all post on threads regarding Hemphill more than your own, or do you have any threads to post on? You've already said let's wait and see in week nine so stop talking and start waiting.

Like I said before....no one and I mean no one can be overlooked in this district.  If you talk to people everywhere in this district, they believe they can make the playoffs in this district.  I wouldn't even overlook Deweyville as they have proven year in and out that they may not have the most speed, they will be physical and play hard every snap.  Hemphill should be there in the end unless something bad happens.
Wait and see.  Anyone in this district will do well in the playoffs when they get there.

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1078794" timestamp="1318252072"]
Like I said before....no one and I mean no one can be overlooked in this district.  If you talk to people everywhere in this district, they believe they can make the playoffs in this district.  I wouldn't even overlook Deweyville as they have proven year in and out that they may not have the most speed, they will be physical and play hard every snap.  Hemphill should be there in the end unless something bad happens.
Wait and see.  Anyone in this district will do well in the playoffs when they get there.
[/quote]
I agree, no team in this district can look at anyone on their schedule and just blow them off. Very exciting football coming out of this district. I think Hemphill takes this one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476