Hamshire-Fannett vs. West Orange-Stark Game Thread/WO-S wins!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1076650" timestamp="1318043331"]
OK, time to finally drop WOS out of the polls.  Good grief.  ::)
[/quote]

Nobody cares about that silly poll.

The problems on offense are serious.  If you toss out the Jasper and Kirbyville games, the only time we've looked pretty good on offense was the first game of the year against Nederland.  In all the other games where we faced good competition, our offense has gotten progressively worse.  This isn't working.  The offense is still making too many of the kind of mistakes that should be ironed out by now - penalties, bad snaps, turnovers, miscommunication on the play calls, etc.  Also, we are not built to be a "run up the gut" offense.  Our tailbacks are not right for that style.  We've got so much speed to burn...why aren't we running sweeps and using the outside where our backs have space to run and create separation?  Throwing the ball a little more would also help us.  Please, Mr. OC, get a better read on our personnel and maximize our strengths. 

hamshire has improved...i know their record doesnt indicate it..but they really came to play tonight....receivers #84 and #1 played great games for HF....and wos just looked out of sync the whole night...defense had oppurtunities to make at least 3 picks and dropped them all... offense cannot keep turning the ball over and expect to be successful...the longhorns made the plays that kept it close, got to give them credit...wos better wake up and start finding a way to be more focused in these ballgames.

[quote name="griff" post="1076717" timestamp="1318044624"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=89452.msg1076650#msg1076650 date=1318043331]
OK, time to finally drop WOS out of the polls.  Good grief.  ::)
[/quote]

Nobody cares about that silly poll.

The problems on offense are serious.  If you toss out the Jasper and Kirbyville games, the only time we've looked pretty good on offense was the first game of the year against Nederland.  In all the other games where we faced good competition, our offense has gotten progressively worse.  This isn't working.  The offense is still making too many of the kind of mistakes that should be ironed out by now - penalties, bad snaps, miscommunication on the play calls, etc.  Also, we are not built to be a "run up the gut" offense.  Our tailbacks are not right for that style.  We've got so much speed to burn...why aren't we running sweeps and using the outside where our backs have space to run and create separation?  Throwing the ball a little more would also help us.  Please, Mr. OC, get a better read on our personnel and maximize our strengths.
[/quote]

The defense is great....the offense has more
holes than swiss cheese.

[quote name="paintballove" post="1076898" timestamp="1318055222"]

I'm also still wondering why WOS is and has been hanging in the polls.  ???
[/quote]

I do think OF has a really solid shot at beating WOS. If WOS doesn't solve its offensive problems and solve them quick they may have a rough time the rest of the year. They are about to go through a rough part in their schedule with OF, BC, and then Silsbee.  Typically WOS teams dig deep but not sure if they just don't have the personnel this year; coaching, or pride; however, something is different.  WOS was outgained by HF in total yards so actually besides the saving play of the special teams WOS pretty much were lucky to get out with the W.  I think next week will tell all.........they lose to OF, stick a fork in the stangs as they are done for the rest of the season........however, no worries they will still be in the polls.....j/k ;)

I notice that they have no pride or confident team. You know Mustang always motivate and fire up all the time but this team is not the same.

I wonder what happen to Collin (#21) did not play. He is key and motivate for defense team. Do you have any idea why he did not play?

I agree that if Orangefield beat them or close score by Orangefield then they will be done or exit early in the playoff. It really up to players that they want play serious or not.

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="1076856" timestamp="1318050740"]
I sure would like to see #10 Chase Ruthledge get some playing time.
[/quote]

Chase Rutledge isn't ready for varsity, I don't even know why he was moved up. The QB should be Jamarcus Rhodes, he's a much better QB than both of them and Renfro did well at QB the few times they put him there. That's one area the changes need to be made. Also a few on the OL needs to go. There are some on the JV that are better players.

The key is our offensive line. They just aren't playing well and haven't been. Even last week against K-Ville, we had success throwing, but never really established anything on the ground and if 43 isn't in there we do next to nothing.

People talk about schemes etc, but our offensive line has only one kid back from last season (and this year he is playing both ways) and they are still struggling to find their identity. Every game it seems they are playing in different spots trying to find the right fit. No matter what offense you run, if you can't block you aren't going to have success.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1077036" timestamp="1318080652"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=89452.msg1076856#msg1076856 date=1318050740]
[/quote]

Is Rhodes number 3?

Chase Rutledge isn't ready for varsity, I don't even know why he was moved up. The QB should be Jamarcus Rhodes, he's a much better QB than both of them and Renfro did well at QB the few times they put him there. That's one area the changes need to be made. Also a few on the OL needs to go. There are some on the JV that are better players.
[/quote]

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1077059" timestamp="1318082312"]
The key is our offensive line. They just aren't playing well and haven't been. Even last week against K-Ville, we had success throwing, but never really established anything on the ground and if 43 isn't in there we do next to nothing.

People talk about schemes etc, but our offensive line has only one kid back from last season (and this year he is playing both ways) and they are still struggling to find their identity. Every game it seems they are playing in different spots trying to find the right fit. No matter what offense you run, if you can't block you aren't going to have success.
[/quote]I believe you nailed it with this. One does not realize how valuable the oline is until thier gone.

first off my hats off to the HF coaching staff getting there kids ready for this game the kids from HF did a outstanding job played with alot of heart and pride.now then  let me add this that the snap over the punters head was a (SMART) coaching move  it was planned that way guys.early in this game wo-s lost ther key  linebacker out for all the game that to me was a BIG blow to the mustangs  chain gang thay never looked the same after he went out. now lets talk about lindsey he had NO place to run in the middle most of the night then someone up stairs in the press woke up hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe he will do better on the sweep and you saw what happned it WORKED.ok  now in closeing i do agree with you that a chang (MUST) be made in the backfield i dont think it will hurt at all .PS all of you there did you see after interceped the young QB went to the sideline and the OC did not even come over to talk with this young kid  just let him stand there and say anything to him THIS IS SUPER BAD  SORRY FOR THE SPELLING

The longhorns played a good game tonight and i give them credit! But tonight was a simple case of over looking and opponent! We came out looking to work on things on the first drive, like points were going to be handed to us! If salter could throw the ball to wide open people it would have been 50 to 12 haha but ii still like this wos team and still believe they will be a contender in the play offs. Were not a super flashy team like usual but will get the job done!

Last night the Mustangs were not having "FUN".  In my  humble openion the team needs to enjoy playing football.  For starters,  when they run out on the field to start the game they should dispense with the symbolism and get excited about playing some "HARD NOSE FOOTBALL"      I would like to congratulate Hamshire-Fannett on the way they played this game.  They were terrific.

[quote name="skipper" post="1077090" timestamp="1318084844"]
first off my hats off to the HF coaching staff getting there kids ready for this game the kids from HF did a outstanding job played with alot of heart and pride.now then  let me add this that the snap over the punters head was a (SMART) coaching move  it was planned that way guys.early in this game wo-s lost ther key  linebacker out for all the game that to me was a BIG blow to the mustangs  chain gang thay never looked the same after he went out. now lets talk about lindsey he had NO place to run in the middle most of the night then someone up stairs in the press woke up hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe he will do better on the sweep and you saw what happned it WORKED.ok  now in closeing i do agree with you that a chang (MUST) be made in the backfield i dont think it will hurt at all .PS all of you there did you see after interceped the young QB went to the sideline and the OC did not even come over to talk with this young kid  just let him stand there and say anything to him THIS IS SUPER BAD  SORRY FOR THE SPELLING
[/quote]Skip your right that the oc didnt come talk to him but did you see the coach with his arm around Jimmy after the play talking with him?

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1077036" timestamp="1318080652"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=89452.msg1076856#msg1076856 date=1318050740]
[/quote]

[/quote]Your right the oline is struggling and no doubt the line will be better next year but one must remember those jv players are blocking jv players.

i think its an ego thing for this new oc, its his offense and his way and hes gonna implement his offense regardless of the outcome. his offense has never worked including this year!

i think this coaching staff has lost these kids...too many big changes by coaches who dont know what mustang football is all about!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23