Hardin-Jefferson vs. Bridge City Game Thread/Bridge City wins!

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1076938" timestamp="1318068317"]
Boy this could have really gotten ugly had BC's 5 TDs been added on that were called back.  I don't think I have ever seen where a team had 5 TDs called back and still won like that.
[/quote]

Stop committing penalties and they won't get called back!!!

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1076938" timestamp="1318068317"]
Boy this could have really gotten ugly had BC's 5 TDs been added on that were called back.  I don't think I have ever seen where a team had 5 TDs called back and still won like that.
[/quote]

The thing is, people keep harping on the 5 TD's called back like it would have made the score much worse than it was. The reality is that BC ended up scoring 4 TD's on those 5 possessions anyways.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1077284" timestamp="1318099175"]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89451.msg1076938#msg1076938 date=1318068317]
[/quote]

The thing is, people keep harping on the 5 TD's called back like it would have made the score much worse than it was. The reality is that BC ended up scoring 4 TD's on those 5 possessions anyways.
[/quote]
LOL!

The problem with all the penalties was that several of them were down right wrong.  After watching the video it was even more obvious.  #24 is [u]ejected[/u] for a helmet to helmet hit.  Only problem was [i]he didn't make the hit![/i] Not denying that a flag should have been thrown, but if you are going to eject a player [i]know who you are ejecting![/i]  Had the officiating crew merely  been real picky would be one thing, but BC's defensive rushers were being tackled regularly with a very few flags being thrown.  This seemed to be the case of the officials trying to protect a weaker team.  No doubt H-J sees the same actions from some officials when their basketball teams are clearly superior on the court.  H-J kids never gave up and played hard all game.  These officials lost control of the game early and were very clumsy and inaccurate in trying to reestablish control.  Everybody including players, coaches, and officials have bad outings.  I am sure these guys are much better officials than they showed last night. :P 

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1077073" timestamp="1318083521"]
HJ keeps getting blasted! I'm sure they have already started their revenge tour for basketball season.
[/quote]

Badsanta - for once I like your thinking - as bad as the Hawks lost last night, it will pail in comparison to what HJ will do to BC come basketball season. 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1077700" timestamp="1318127645"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89451.msg1077073#msg1077073 date=1318083521]
HJ keeps getting blasted! I'm sure they have already started their revenge tour for basketball season.
[/quote]

Badsanta - for once I like your thinking - as bad as the Hawks lost last night, it will pail in comparison to what HJ will do to BC come basketball season.
[/quote]

That doesn't matter........everyone knows the only sport that counts is SE Texas Football, followed by baseball........and way on down the charts is basketball (right above Tennis)  ;D

[quote name="AOO7" post="1077287" timestamp="1318099223"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89451.msg1077284#msg1077284 date=1318099175]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89451.msg1076938#msg1076938 date=1318068317]
[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL!
[/quote]

Haha. That's pretty good. Seems like people always point that out. They get a 8yrd td run called back and next play its a 13yrd pass for a TD. It's not like you would have gotten 2 touchdowns..LOL.

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1077892" timestamp="1318136089"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=89451.msg1077700#msg1077700 date=1318127645]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89451.msg1077073#msg1077073 date=1318083521]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That doesn't matter........everyone knows the only sport that counts is SE Texas Football, followed by baseball........and way on down the charts is basketball (right above Tennis)  ;D
[/quote]

I agree, football is clearly #1 in Southeast Texas. But based on the numbers of this site (which I think is a good and accurate assessment) basketball is the #2 sport, ahead of baseball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124