Groveton vs. Hemphill

They have given up so far, 54 to West Sabine, 52 to Joaquin, 64 to Buna.........Groveton could easily put up 62.  They put up 77 on them last year, and Hemphill's D has not improved a lick.  Timpson held them to 38........the competition is about to get stiffer Friday. 

[quote name="InjunRed" post="1073875" timestamp="1317821520"]
First district game for 10AA DII.  Which one of these teams gets a leg up on the playoff race?
I got:

Groveton 62
Hemphill 35
[/quote]
WOW are you watching the same Groveton I am.I say Hemphill will score at will and grovetons defense wont be able to stop them twine boys.

The Twine boys will part the indians defense like the red sea.  Hemphill wont stop them either!
I say Hemphill 56-38.  It could go either way....As for SA-It they dont have success early in district,they will be dribbling basketballs last hour during athletics the last 3 weeks of district......NW should be in the hunt and CC bulldogs will run the table in this district (the bulldogs are the best coached and most disciplined team in the district) ....and I am not from corrigan either!  I think anyone can play can make the playoffs here in this district.....CC-favorite and DP being the underdogs.

Good Luck to everyone in district!

The Twine boys will part the indians defense like the red sea.  Hemphill wont stop them either!
I say Hemphill 56-38.  It could go either way....As for SA-It they dont have success early in district,they will be dribbling basketballs last hour during athletics the last 3 weeks of district......NW should be in the hunt and CC bulldogs will run the table in this district (the bulldogs are the best coached and most disciplined team in the district) ....and I am not from corrigan either!  I think anyone can play can make the playoffs here in this district.....CC-favorite and DP being the underdogs.

Good Luck to everyone in district!

^^^^This guy here couldn't have been any closer to the truth with his statements, well unless he had said hemphill to score 64...lol....very well done sir!!! Great win to the Hornets in a very well played game. I think they have continued to prove doubters wrong one game at a time.

Hemphill deserves to have a little success after the circus that went on last year!  On the filp side,  Hemphill is finally letting the HFB coach run it like it needs to be run.  Change was obviously needed but part of Hemphill's problem last few years is that ADmin. and board was trying to run everything.  Congrats to Coach Stanley and his staff!  Well done!

@ wildcat better bring your hardest hitting game when hemphill plays at SA. the Wolves are gona be ready for that game. and the comment about basketball, thats weak. SA has a 40-6 overall record against hemp and will make it 41-6 this year. Go
S
A 6time state champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ jlc.....I have no dogs in the fight when Hemphill plays SA....all I said that is SA would be ready to play b-ball if they didnt win the first couple of district games.  Besides  I never said SA was not capable of winning or even being in the playoffs.  IMO SA tends to not play hard if they get to the end of the season and have nothing to play for.  With that said,  If SA is in the hunt by then the very may very well beat Hemphill.  SA has as good of a chance at the playoffs as anyone.  I would even go out on a limb and say Deweyville has a a good of a chance at making the playoffs in this district.  No disrespect to SA or Deweyville or anyone in this district.

@ jlc......SA has athletes every year to win year in and out.....SA does have the tendencies to squander their talent for whatever reason.  SA should be in the playoffs in football and basketball EVERY year.  They certainly have more overall athletes than Hemphill.  I know hemphill has the Twine boys but if you take the Twines out of the equation, how good would the be?  Probably be Ofer IMO.  Maybe its different now at SA.
No disrespect toward anyone....just an opinion!

We just need to get everybody firing at the same time and we will be fine. Last nite was the worst performance we've had on offense. I am looking forward to the rest of district and making the playoffs. The hemphill sa game is always a good gamebecause of the rivalry. We will see what happens in week 9.

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1077389" timestamp="1318106627"]
@ jlc......SA has athletes every year to win year in and out.....SA does have the tendencies to squander their talent for whatever reason.  SA should be in the playoffs in football and basketball EVERY year.  They certainly have more overall athletes than Hemphill.  I know hemphill has the Twine boys but if you take the Twines out of the equation, how good would the be?  Probably be Ofer IMO.  Maybe its different now at SA.
No disrespect toward anyone....just an opinion!
[/quote]

Yes its just a tad different...they have a new head coach  ;)

Hemphill is obviously a very talented team...we just won't truly know how good they are until this district race wraps up.

Just for comparison's sake here is this district through 6 games

San Augustine is scoring 32 points/game (42, 28, 35, 44, 29, 12) while allowing 22 points/ game (0, 59, 0, 16, 59, 0)
Hemphill is scoring 52 points/game (14, 77, 56, 60, 38, 64) while allowing 42 points/game (35, 56, 44, 64, 13, 38)
Deweyville is scoring 31 points/ game (55, 26, 34, 42, 0) while allowing 11 points/game (2, 13, 13, 16, 12)
Groveton is scoring 31 points/ game (13, 33, 48, 14, 42, 38) while allowing 26 points/ game (35, 0, 6, 24, 28, 64)
New Waverly is scoring 17 points/game (14, 12, 27, 6, 20, 21) while allowing 26 points/game (34, 6, 14, 28, 28, 46)
Corrigan Camden is scoring 33 points/game( 42, 31, 7, 44, 30, 46) while allowing 31 points/game (14, 14, 49, 32, 56, 21)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami