Lumberton vs PNG

[quote name="Bucky" post="1074252" timestamp="1317848205"]
SLUMBERTON  ;D.....LOL....I been around PNG for 40 something years .....Lumberton is the Cleanest town around....All the best have move out her from  PN and G ..all thats left is the Port Neches Geeks and the Groves Freaks!! :P
[/quote]
I always took Slumberton to be a reference to slumber, as in, sleep. Like it was a boring town. I have never called it that, I have just seen it on this board. Ask png94 what he meant by it. Bucky....evidently the best athletes from PNG haven't moved to Lumberton.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spmorse1976
[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1074327" timestamp="1317853406"]
[quote author=Bucky link=topic=89154.msg1074252#msg1074252 date=1317848205]
SLUMBERTON  ;D.....LOL....I been around PNG for 40 something years .....Lumberton is the Cleanest town around....All the best have move out her from  PN and G ..all thats left is the Port Neches Geeks and the Groves Freaks!! :P
[/quote]
I always took Slumberton to be a reference to slumber, as in, sleep. Like it was a boring town. I have never called it that, I have just seen it on this board. Ask png94 what he meant by it. Bucky....evidently the best athletes from PNG haven't moved to Lumberton.
[/quote]
It wasn't intended to offend anyone, He is right as in a slow slumber, so smile and get ready for some football. I agree, it's a very clean town!

[quote name="png94" post="1074576" timestamp="1317899986"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=89154.msg1074327#msg1074327 date=1317853406]
[quote author=Bucky link=topic=89154.msg1074252#msg1074252 date=1317848205]
[/quote]
[/quote]
It wasn't intended to offend anyone, He is right as in a slow slumber, so smile and get ready for some football. I agree, it's a very clean town!
[/quote]

Look...all these little SE Texas towns have little nicknames or stereotypical ideas about them:

Lumberton...Slumberton (White trash before all the educated people moved in)

Evadale..."Evilsmell" (paper mill stench)

Fred..."Fred" (kind of answers itself)

Vidor...Nah, not even gonna start on that one LOL.

The difference between the Raiders and Indians in district play is simply this...

The raiders have been beat 2 teams that will not make the playoffs.

The indians have been beaten by 2 teams that will make the playoffs.

PNG will take this one and should win out for the rest of the season.

[quote name="BORAM" post="1075899" timestamp="1318028419"]
The difference between the Raiders and Indians in district play is simply this...

The raiders have been beat 2 teams that will not make the playoffs.

The indians have been beaten by 2 teams that will make the playoffs.

PNG will take this one and should win out for the rest of the season.
[/quote]

I hope we can win tonight then win out , but I still feel that a lot of the teams in this district are evenly matched. Vidor played Nederland to the wire just as we did. Ozen looks very good , as does LCM. Lumberton has the team that could be dangerous and play spoiler for somebody.It will be interesting every week.

[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1077198" timestamp="1318092895"]
So i guess the little group known as png = Pouting N' Griping...just saying...smack talk as it was called earlier.
[/quote]

"Little" group? When has Lumberton ever outnumbered us? When has any 20-4A school outnumbered us? ;D

[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1077390" timestamp="1318106693"]
my point proven....png=Pouting N' Griping....they can call other towns "little" , but when you put the same shoes on their feet...Pouting N' Griping ;D
[/quote]
Thats called questions, Once a raider. Pouting n griping is what you are doing! Plus you dont even make any sense.

[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1077390" timestamp="1318106693"]
my point proven....png=Pouting N' Griping....they can call other towns "little" , but when you put the same shoes on their feet...Pouting N' Griping ;D
[/quote]

Maybe you misread. I never called the other towns little, I just pointed out a folly in your logic. Makes you wonder who's really doing the "pouting 'n griping." ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder