Sabine Pass vs. Beaumont Legacy Christian Game Thread/Bmt. Legacy wins!

WOSgrad

when my son was in junior high at high island they beat us about 40-20.  At the end of the game the called a time-out with 2 seconds to go and tried to through a long pass for touchdown.  Luckily my son creamed the QB and they didnt score, but then they wanted to pass.  For a Christian school no class.

How can you say this is typical of Legacy?  When for years they have been the laughing stock of football in Beaumont and Southeast Texas.  They have lost way more games then they won at that school.  When they went 0-10 in 2009 under Coach______, nobody was saying anything.  They lost to the same schools they are beating now.  They got a new coach last year and he has them playing with a attitude and you'll say that they have no class?  Because you are a Christian school you are supposed to play soft and be nice?  Its about time they play with an attitude.  Besides in 2007 under Coach Cobbs (who was from Central), the mental make up of the team has been soft for the most part.

Now I don't agree with them calling timeouts at the end of the game to put more points on the board but show me in the rule book that they can't do it.

Everyone knows there are years when your team has "it" and you steam roll everybody.  Then there are years when you don't have "it" and you get steam rolled.  For example, Kirbyville.  My cousin was the starting RB the last 3 years and along with some other players they had "it" and they ran the scoreboard up on others.  Well this year they don't have "it" and Coldspring, Newton, Vidor and Bridge City have paid them back for the last couple of years in the tune of 183-44.

So just take your wins and losses however they may come.  It is only just a game right?  Lol.  I support all my Beaumont schools some more then others, so i love to see them beat the out of towners. 

Go Coach Hobbs and the Warriors, keep doing what your doing.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1058952" timestamp="1316265463"]
You can take the thugs out of the hud but just because they have god in the class room ,wont make them Altar Boys
[/quote]

Thugs, WOW!  Must be on the loosing end, lol.  Thugs cause they are winning?  Do you call Kelly, PN-G or Evadale "thugs" when they are winning?

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1058958" timestamp="1316266046"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=88352.msg1058952#msg1058952 date=1316265463]
You can take the thugs out of the hud but just because they have god in the class room ,wont make them Altar Boys
[/quote]

Thugs, WOW!  Must be on the loosing end, lol.  Thugs cause they are winning?  Do you call Kelly, PN-G or Evadale "thugs" when they are winning?
[/quote] No not on the loosing end here ,dont have a dog in the fight. But I do know that they have 4 or 5 kids that were recruted that could not cut it in the 4 and 5a schools. And now they are winning ballgames. And your right about Legacy being the wipping boys in the past, But I dont ever remember teams running up the scores, by still passing in the 4 qr. But have your 5 seconds of fame and injoy the spotlight while it last, because it wont last long ;D

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1058958" timestamp="1316266046"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just a joke Big Ford! In the years that Evadale and Legacy played I had great respect for the Warriors, players, coaches and fans. It looks to be a good year for their team. I just know that this is not the first time this season that something like this has come up about the Warriors racking up the points. We have had great success here in Evadale for the past few years. I know the playbook shrinks to dive plays and nothing fancy, the coaches ask the other coaches do they want to run the clock and the victory formation is used when it can run out the game clock.

Victories are what coaches are judged by, but character has a different measuring stick.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1058969" timestamp="1316266999"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=88352.msg1058958#msg1058958 date=1316266046]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just a joke Big Ford! In the years that Evadale and Legacy played I had great respect for the Warriors, players, coaches and fans. It looks to be a good year for their team. I just know that this is not the first time this season that something like this has come up about the Warriors racking up the points. We have had great success here in Evadale for the past few years. I know the playbook shrinks to dive plays and nothing fancy, the coaches ask the other coaches do they want to run the clock and the victory formation is used when it can run out the game clock.

Victories are what coaches are judged by, but character has a different measuring stick.
[/quote]

I have much respect for the Evadale staff.  I was on the Legacy staff when we pushed the Rebels 21-21 in the 3rd quarter before falling short 27-21 in 2007.  Classy bunch of kids that played hard nosed football. 

I don't agree with trying to run up the score board in the 4th when you know for SURE the game is at hand. 

[quote name="True Blue" post="1058965" timestamp="1316266807"]
[/quote]

[/quote] No not on the loosing end here ,dont have a dog in the fight. But I do know that they have 4 or 5 kids that were recruted that could not cut it in the 4 and 5a schools. And now they are winning ballgames. And your right about Legacy being the wipping boys in the past, But I dont ever remember teams running up the scores, by still passing in the 4 qr. But have your 5 seconds of fame and injoy the spotlight while it last, because it wont last long ;D
[/quote]

True Blue, is it a sin to be at 1 of the 3 big schools in Beaumont, realize that you will never play due to the depth and competition for playing time at those schools and transfer?  They were not recruited.  Most are seniors that realize that they won't play again after this year and just want the opportnity to play the game so they leave the big schools. 

And to be brutaly honest, yes without those transfers, Legacy would probably be 0-4 right now.  The mental mindset is just different in the school.  So for ANY coach, including when I was there, you have to open up the doors to the public and hope a few difference makers come through.  We made the playoffs the year I was there but wouldn't have if it wasn't for a little outside help.

Like I said earlier though, there is now excuse for trying to run up the score in the 4th quarter by calling timeouts and throwing bombs.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1059642" timestamp="1316318593"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=88352.msg1058965#msg1058965 date=1316266807]
[/quote]

[/quote]

True Blue, is it a sin to be at 1 of the 3 big schools in Beaumont, realize that you will never play due to the depth and competition for playing time at those schools and transfer?  [size=14pt][color=red]They were not recruited. [/color] [/size]  Most are seniors that realize that they won't play again after this year and just want the opportnity to play the game so they leave the big schools. 

And to be brutaly honest, yes without those transfers, Legacy would probably be 0-4 right now.  The mental mindset is just different in the school.  So for ANY coach, including when I was there, you have to open up the doors to the public and hope a few difference makers come through.  We made the playoffs the year I was there but wouldn't have if it wasn't for a little outside help.

Like I said earlier though, there is now excuse for trying to run up the score in the 4th quarter by calling timeouts and throwing bombs.
[/quote] Do you exspect us to beleave that those 5 player all came up with $ 7600.00 each , to play at Legacy?? Just how much of that is the school paying or waying the fees. But as far as them calling time outs and throwing bombs at the end of games, that goes on the coaching staff. Little class show there. But he is just auditioning for a bigger school.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1059708" timestamp="1316352850"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=88352.msg1059642#msg1059642 date=1316318593]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=88352.msg1058965#msg1058965 date=1316266807]
[/quote]

[/quote]

True Blue, is it a sin to be at 1 of the 3 big schools in Beaumont, realize that you will never play due to the depth and competition for playing time at those schools and transfer?  [size=14pt][color=red]They were not recruited. [/color] [/size]  Most are seniors that realize that they won't play again after this year and just want the opportnity to play the game so they leave the big schools. 

[/quote] Do you exspect us to beleave that those 5 player all came up with $ 7600.00 each , to play at Legacy?? Just how much of that is the school paying or waying the fees. But as far as them calling time outs and throwing bombs at the end of games, that goes on the coaching staff. Little class show there. But he is just auditioning for a bigger school.
[/quote]

Well, Blue. I will only state this.  Coaches Stump and Nelson disagree with your allegation that the transfers to Legacy were recruited....or at least they signed a document attesting to that fact. The TAPPS transfer form quizzes the coaches of former schools on whether the transferring student was recruited by his new school (here is a copy of the form:  http://www.tapps.net/PDF/Forms/General%20Forms/transferform11-12.pdf).  The UIL must agree that this was a good idea because this year, they amended their transfer form to closely resemble the TAPPS form (uil form: http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/papf.pdf).

Well  if you know anything about my track record with changing schools. I beleave that you put your child in the best place for them to be successfull. And it is not worth the fight for a coach to fight a kid moving or trying to prove that a kid was recruted..  As the coaching staff in WOS just found out. But as I said the running up of the score goes to the coaching staff, and not the players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa