SetX6

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thugga9" post="1054782" timestamp="1315771801"]
kellys not ready for liberty their a much more developed team
[/quote]

Much more developed? Kelly returns 18 starters from last year tops in the area. Kelly has played the tougher schedule by far as well. Liberty returns only 5 starters from a defense that gave up 300 passing yards in the first half last year and led to Dakota Eddins winning the Built Ford Tough player of the week. Typical, that someone who has no idea what he is talking about to get on here with no reasoning what so ever. That being said Kelly still has to improve on the offensive side of the ball and cut down on turnovers. Kelly played extremely well on Defense against Bridge City and look for that to continue. Liberty's QB really played well last year even though their was a great number of drops from his receivers. This should be a great game.

I'm definetly expecting a much lower scoring game than last year.  Look at the number of first downs and the number of passing yards compared to last year.  If you take away 5 or 6 long runs, you would see the real picture of what the offense has done this year.  Fortunately, we are playing much better defense this year after making a change at the coordinator position.  This is a pivotal game for Kelly.  If we don't get more people involved on offense and allow our quarterback to gain some confidence, it's going to be another long year when we get to district.

Guest football03
We will see how well Liberty's QB holds up after Brandtley Wilson lays the hammer to him a couple of times. Ask Matt Menard how he felt on Saturday. I'll take Kelly 28-7 in this one. Too much heat for Liberty to handle

[quote name="Dawgpound07" post="1054876" timestamp="1315785733"]
We will see how well Liberty's QB holds up after Brandtley Wilson lays the hammer to him a couple of times. Ask Matt Menard how he felt on Saturday. I'll take Kelly 28-7 in this one. Too much heat for Liberty to handle
[/quote] IDK how matt stayed in that game he was slow getting up 3 or 4 times after Wilson hit him. VERY tough player you would have to break his arm or knock him out to get him out of there. That being said Kelly is much better than last year and just played a tough game with BC i say they bounce back. Kelly 21 Liberty 7.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Yeah but you gotta think about kelly's running back who is a force to be reckoned with. IMO i think Kelly will pull the upset in this one. I'm thinking....
Kelly - 38
Liberty - 35

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1054827" timestamp="1315778210"]
[quote author=thugga9 link=topic=88077.msg1054782#msg1054782 date=1315771801]
[/quote]

Much more developed? Kelly returns 18 starters from last year tops in the area. Kelly has played the tougher schedule by far as well. Liberty returns only 5 starters from a defense that gave up 300 passing yards in the first half last year and led to Dakota Eddins winning the Built Ford Tough player of the week. Typical, that someone who has no idea what he is talking about to get on here with no reasoning what so ever. That being said Kelly still has to improve on the offensive side of the ball and cut down on turnovers. Kelly played extremely well on Defense against Bridge City and look for that to continue. Liberty's QB really played well last year even though their was a great number of drops from his receivers. This should be a great game.
[/quote]
If you consider giving up 21 points well then your crazy being that Liberty has given up 7 all year, yes they have had a weak schedule but Porter is a 4A team with a new QB who is commited to a D1 school so they can't be too bad. And who cares about what the secondary did last year? Huntington, and Hardin threw all over them last year and scored a combined 110 points, but this year a combined 0, the defense has improved greatly, the seniors who left the secondary won't be missed.

[quote name="Dawgpound07" post="1054876" timestamp="1315785733"]
[/quote]
I'm sure he feels fine considering he won the game. Wilson is good there's no doubt about that, but Fitzwater has taken plenty of shots this season and popped up ready to throw a 60+ yd TD the next play. Brantley Wilson is 6'1 220 and Fitzwater is 6-5 210, he's not the same scrawny quarterback he was last year, he's picking up a few rushing yards here and there as well, he should be fine.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1055169" timestamp="1315830012"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=88077.msg1054827#msg1054827 date=1315778210]
[/quote]

[/quote]
If you consider giving up 21 points well then your crazy being that Liberty has given up 7 all year, yes they have had a weak schedule but Porter is a 4A team with a new QB who is commited to a D1 school so they can't be too bad. And who cares about what the secondary did last year? Huntington, and Hardin threw all over them last year and scored a combined 110 points, but this year a combined 0, the defense has improved greatly, the seniors who left the secondary won't be missed.
[/quote]

Just wondering where you found that porter's QB is committed to Illinois, because he is only a SO. and I haven't found anything online about him.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1055242" timestamp="1315838261"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=88077.msg1055169#msg1055169 date=1315830012]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=88077.msg1054827#msg1054827 date=1315778210]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Just wondering where you found that porter's QB is committed to Illinois, because he is only a SO. and I haven't found anything online about him.
[/quote] actually haven't even seen it anywhere myself but heard from a reliable source, they have 2 QBs the one who started against liberty wasn't the one who played the previous games because he was hurt I think he is a senior but I really don't know for certain, he wasn't great obviously (7 points) but I guess you could see how he could be commited to illinios

I  think it is great to support your team, but 40-7?  Also have a real difficult time seeing 38-35.  Did you see Kelly's offense last friday.  Unless Kelly makes significant changes to the offense, the only way they are going to beat anyone good is to play good defense and hope they can break some big running plays.

[quote name="magic" post="1055264" timestamp="1315839970"]
I  think it is great to support your team, but 40-7?  Also have a real difficult time seeing 38-35.  Did you see Kelly's offense last friday.  Unless Kelly makes significant changes to the offense, the only way they are going to beat anyone good is to play good defense and hope they can break some big running plays.
[/quote]
Ya idk about 40-7, but as far as Kelly's offense goes, if they can't win a shootout they won't win this game. Liberty's defense still has to prove themselves against a good team, but the offense is on a roll, it's obvious that they are good, Kelly's defense wont hold them to a 20 point game so if Kelly can't turn around and score some then they won't win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder