Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/BH wins in OT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bigdog" post="1054755" timestamp="1315766606"]
[quote author=NHS1990 link=topic=88012.msg1053763#msg1053763 date=1315629197]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=88012.msg1053696#msg1053696 date=1315627146]
Well then maybe y'all should switch to flag football. People don't get hurt there. It's freaking football. Its a physical game that people get hurt in. You just need to learn to deal with it. And yalls backup QB did great tonight. He can lead y'all to playoffs easily.
[/quote]

'People don't get hurt there...' ( flag football). Obviously you have never played the game or you wouldn't say that! 8)
[/quote]
Very true.  I used to play with a bunch of guys I worked with and one guy broke his leg!  And it was a nasty break.  Anyway,  this was a  good game for Ned as far as facing a similar team and offense that we will face in two weeks. BH definetly has a tough D and it looks like Neds
defense held thier own as well.  Good luck to BH the rest of the season.
[/quote]

I played 'real football' from 8th grade to 12th, both offens and defense. Then played college football at SHSU. Never had a serious injury until I tore my ACL playing flag football (twice!).

Anyway,Very surprised to see Nederland only score 7 pts after gaining that many offensive yards.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdog" post="1054809" timestamp="1315775139"]
As did I (through 12th grade).  The flag football injury was probably the nastiest that I have seen playing either one.  ( aside from Thiesman's injury of course)
[/quote]

Ewe! Don't remind me. That was by far the worst injury I've ever seen. Another graphic injury was a few was ago when Willis McGahee's knee got destroyed when Miami played Ohio State (think  that's who hey were playing?).

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1053928" timestamp="1315658100"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=88012.msg1053919#msg1053919 date=1315657046]
http://panews.com/sports/x803550365/Dogs-fall-to-Barbers-Hill-in-OT
[/quote]

I didn't realize that NED players were ejected. All the announcer called out was the BH player. Thanks for the link.

The PA News article states -"... [i]two Nederland players were ejected. No penalties were enforced for the scuffle except for the 15-yard personal foul for the late hit.[/i]

It was actually two players ejected, being one Nederland and one Barber's Hill.  Just another example of how the newspaper is not always "the Bible" when it comes to reporting.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics