Friendswood vs. West Orange-Stark Game Thread/Friendswood wins

WOSgrad

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildest, craziest game ive seen in a looong time! Great game friendswood! Wos made too many mistakes early on in this one! Way to battle back in the 4th quarter though, never gave up! Salters needs to work on a few things. Defense was very good again besides a few plays here and there, not to mention the freak play on the last touchdown for FW! But it was a great 4th quarter and overtimes. Wos running back lindsey is a beast, week in and week out he performs great! I don't think any 3A team around here would come close to beating friendswood so im not too upset with this defeat. We cannot turn the ball over on the 1 inch line when were punching it in, key turnovers like this always come back and bite you in the butt. But were 0-2 by a combined 2 points to playoff teams in 4-a, and we could very easily be 2-0. The WOS mustangs will definitely be ready for all the 3a challengers this year! Best of luck friendswood!

First off, this was a HARD fought game by both teams. The first three quarters were pretty sloppy by both teams. Turnovers and penaltys are going to kill wos this year if they don't do a better job of playing more disciplined and holding onto the ball, especially when your inside your own 20 yard line. It seemed to me that there was no excitement from the wos players or coaches until the fourth quarter when the game became a nail biter. Our sideline is the quietest I have seen in a long time. I saw absolutely no coaches talking to any of the offensive players after a turnover until the start of the fourth quarter. No players motivating each other on the sidelines. Maybe it was just me but the first three quarters just seemed like nobody was really excited about playing tonight. You can't have that mentality if you expect to win games imo. Either way, was a very close game and both teams fought their hearts out. Good luck to FW. Wos will be fine. Lets take our 2 losses of the season early and learn from them!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1048345" timestamp="1315028192"]
We always win the really tough games early, then lose them late in the season. Maybe this is that trend turning around... :)
[/quote]

That would be nice!!  If WO-S can cut down on the penalties they will be fine.  They have the bye week to work some kinks out and 3 more games to get ready for district.  Another positive is our kicking game.  WOS kicker can put it in the back of the endzone and it is nice to even have the OPTION of a longer field goal....and he still has some time to improve.  BTW...Even before it went into OT....that was a loooong game!!

The critcs would be foolish to count the Stangs out. The Stangs played 2 solid 4a teams and came up a tad short, no need to panic. I ve personally seen the Stangs hand my Bulldogs there arse more than I care to mention..... I still say they win there district. Chin up fellows!!!!!!

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1049199" timestamp="1315147938"]
Does anyone know the status of the drill team member that had the seizure and was carried off by an ambulance? Haven't heard anything so assuming she was OK, but would like to know for sure.
[/quote]

shes ok...i am friends with her mother and she posted on facebook that she is doing well. 

[quote name="WOS95" post="1049306" timestamp="1315158541"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=87647.msg1049199#msg1049199 date=1315147938]
Does anyone know the status of the drill team member that had the seizure and was carried off by an ambulance? Haven't heard anything so assuming she was OK, but would like to know for sure.
[/quote]

shes ok...i am friends with her mother and she posted on facebook that she is doing well.
[/quote]

Wow that is great to hear.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder