BEAUMONT WEST BROOK VS. BEAUMONT CENTRAL BROADCAST/West Brook wins!

WOSgrad

I first want to congradulate West Brook on the Beaumont Bowl Trophy again.  This West Brook team is not the West Brook we have come to see for the past 7 years, but they got the job done when it counted.  They countered our big play with a big play of their own.  At the end, they were faced with a 4th and 5 to put the game away.  They converted on the same short pass that worked for them the entire night. 

My Jags showed great effort.  I was telling 82 5a state Champs that the thing that jumped out at me was that we clearly dominated both sides of the line.  That was a good sign.  We moved the ball pretty well.  On pass plays, there was great pass protection (probably because Brook didn't blitz not 1 time).  The defensive stragedy was good.  We went with a 4 man front for most of the night.  With the exception of that big screen pass, our defense tackled well and found the ball.  This did have an old Beaumont bowl feel to it.  We need to improve on Receivers making the catch every time.  We mixed up the run and pass well. I think our play calling was suspect in the 4th quarter when we were down 2 scores with time ticking away. 

All in all, I left this game feeling that we will do fine in district.  We stayed healthy, and we did get light years better from last week.  I look forward to seeing us improve a lot more in our game vs. Ball next week.

West Brook will need to get a lot better if they want to compete with the LaPortes, Memorials, and the North Shores.  Lil Stump will need to present himself as more of a passing threat to take the pressure off the run game.  They are one dementional.  I look for them to find more ways to get Malone more involved in the offense.  Defensively, Brook at one point or another will need to blitz on big downs.  (ive been saying this for years now).  There are still a lot of games left as Brook seems to get it together right when it matters...  In district.  They will have some growing pains in that Katy game.  I think they'll be fine overall. 

ps. (to the West Brook fan that took it uppon himself to but into my conversation on the game when walking out...  Learn the game in the game before you decide to jaw with me with the whole, Central got beat by us again.  I gave your team props, but hear me when I say, if you play any of those teams in your district like you played tonight, you'll be ran off the field.  Take the constructive criticism as a grain of salt...  No need to be an...  Well, you know)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1048232" timestamp="1315022889"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=87562.msg1048087#msg1048087 date=1315020222]
Brook wins 20-14.  Beaumont Bowl stays in the West End, but Central has more talent than Brook for the first time in years.  Brook was lucky to win that one.
[/quote]Superior coaching prevails! ;)
[/quote]

As much as I hate to, I have to agree with you... :(

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1048275" timestamp="1315024246"]
I first want to congradulate West Brook on the Beaumont Bowl Trophy again.  This West Brook team is not the West Brook we have come to see for the past 7 years, but they got the job done when it counted.  They countered our big play with a big play of their own.  At the end, they were faced with a 4th and 5 to put the game away.  They converted on the same short pass that worked for them the entire night. 

My Jags showed great effort.  I was telling 82 5a state Champs that the thing that jumped out at me was that we clearly dominated both sides of the line.  That was a good sign.  We moved the ball pretty well.  On pass plays, there was great pass protection (probably because Brook didn't blitz not 1 time).  The defensive stragedy was good.  We went with a 4 man front for most of the night.  With the exception of that big screen pass, our defense tackled well and found the ball.  This did have an old Beaumont bowl feel to it.  We need to improve on Receivers making the catch every time.  We mixed up the run and pass well. I think our play calling was suspect in the 4th quarter when we were down 2 scores with time ticking away. 

All in all, I left this game feeling that we will do fine in district.  We stayed healthy, and we did get light years better from last week.  I look forward to seeing us improve a lot more in our game vs. Ball next week.

West Brook will need to get a lot better if they want to compete with the LaPortes, Memorials, and the North Shores.  Lil Stump will need to present himself as more of a passing threat to take the pressure off the run game.  They are one dementional.  I look for them to find more ways to get Malone more involved in the offense.  Defensively, Brook at one point or another will need to blitz on big downs.  (ive been saying this for years now).  There are still a lot of games left as Brook seems to get it together right when it matters...  In district.  They will have some growing pains in that Katy game.  I think they'll be fine overall. 

ps. (to the West Brook fan that took it uppon himself to but into my conversation on the game when walking out...  Learn the game in the game before you decide to jaw with me with the whole, Central got beat by us again.  I gave your team props, but hear me when I say, if you play any of those teams in your district like you played tonight, you'll be ran off the field.  Take the constructive criticism as a grain of salt...  No need to be an...  Well, you know)
[/quote]

Good an accurate post Soulja.  We started 0-2 last year to turn it around and win our district.  We will do the same this year. 

I know Garrison is our FS but man if he was a WR on offense full time, I think it would help us leaps and bounds.  The other guys can't catch Roberts passes.  And Jags work on that shotgun snap, it cost us 7 points.  I think the 2 head monster running game with Collier and Carter will be just fine.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1048398" timestamp="1315050265"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87562.msg1048275#msg date=1315024246]

[/quote]

Good an accurate post Soulja.  We started 0-2 last year to turn it around and win our district.  We will do the same this year. 

I know Garrison is our FS but man if he was a WR on offense full time, I think it would help us leaps and bounds.  The other guys can't catch Roberts passes.  And Jags work on that shotgun snap, it cost us 7 points.  I think the 2 head monster running game with Collier and Carter will be just fine.
[/quote]The Carter/Collier tandem have the potential to be a 2009 O'Neal/Daw similar combo.  If our lines can continue to block like they did last night, I think we'll be fine.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1048405" timestamp="1315052145"]
Soulja, your post regarding the game was dead on. :) You have a great way of putting things into perspective without stepping on peoples toes. I couldn't have said it better, myself. Very well said.
[/quote]i just call it like I see it.  8) 8)  Thanks.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1048407" timestamp="1315053165"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=87562.msg1048401#msg date=1315050762]
I didn't see K. Smith #4 at all.  Did he play or even suit out?
[/quote]

I really don't know Soulja.  Seems like we have a bigger team.
[/quote]Size of players or amount of players?  If you mean amount of players, I saw it too.  I counted about 53 players..  Vs the 49 that I counted in the LaMarque scrimmage.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1048275" timestamp="1315024246"]

All in all, I left this game feeling that we will do fine in district.  We stayed healthy, and [b]we did get[/b] [b]light years better from last week[/b].  I look forward to seeing us improve a lot more in our game vs. Ball next week.

[/quote]Well, I believe any team in this area will feel this way after facing Memorial :D Ask Ozen this next week lol

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1048158" timestamp="1315021612"]
Lets see, where to begin.....well, a win is a win, and we'll take it. Offensively, we looked better than we did a week ago. I'm seeing more consistency with moving the ball, and I like that....but we're still not where we need to be. We've got to be able to put complete drives together, and finish them before stalling out. Our O-line didn't seem to provide much protection in giving Stump time to throw the ball. It looked to me like he took off running alot, once he was flushed out of the pocket. However, on more than a few occasions, his running ability kept some drives alive. Defensively, we looked better this week, as well. With the exception of giving up the occasional long run, our defense kept us in this game tonight. Although, I dont remember seeing us blitz at all the entire game. These games are only going to get tougher from here on out. Our offense still seems to be a bit one-dimensional, but we're making progress on that and seem to be getting better. Hopefully, the rest of out preseason schedule will get us better prepared for district play, but we need to stay healthy. If we can do that, I think we'll be competitive. ;)
[/quote]

I am surprised!!! This was the best post I have ever read from you. For you sir +1> Should I say Welcome aboard!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1048544" timestamp="1315067038"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=87562.msg1048543#msg1048543 date=1315066889]
Weak Brooke [b]sucks[/b]. Nuff said
[/quote]

[b]Seems to be your favorite word. ::)[/b]

Think you could be a little more creative? That word is way over used and really not that appealing, kind of elementary.
[/quote]
It's PAM...nuff said... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami