22-3a football

Maple inherited a bad situation last year coming in at the end of June after the sudden un-wanted departure of the then Head Coach Ricky Tullos and his staff. You can’t judge a program on one year of hardships. After struggling last year I look for Cleveland to rise back up and be a very competitive football team, they are young but very talented. Cleveland has good kids and a good coaching staff. Look for them to get back into the playoffs.

2007 4-7 (4-1)
2008 10-1 (5-0)
2009 10-2 (5-0)
2010 2-8 (2-4)
2011 ???

Good Luck Clayton

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ntoodeep" post="1043865" timestamp="1314628337"]
Maple inherited a bad situation last year coming in at the end of June after the sudden un-wanted departure of the then Head Coach Ricky Tullos and his staff. You can’t judge a program on one year of hardships. After struggling last year I look for Cleveland to rise back up and be a very competitive football team, they are young but very talented. Cleveland has good kids and a good coaching staff. Look for them to get back into the playoffs.

2007 4-7 (4-1)
2008 10-1 (5-0)
2009 10-2 (5-0)
2010 2-8 (2-4)
2011 ???

Good Luck Clayton
[/quote]

Maples has turned this team around this year, this is not the same team as last year, I guarantee no one team including Coldsprings will run threw Cleveland like everyone is thinking, not only does this team have big talent this year you also have a group of kids whom has grown up together and can read what the other one is thinking, they arent playing as individuals anymore there playing as a team finally, that is something we lacked in the last 2 years, and I promise it makes a HUGE difference come game time. Coldsprings probably will take first but I promise Cleveland will be right behind them.... Good luck to all of our teams in district play..

[quote name="C-TOWN" post="1043980" timestamp="1314637809"]
[quote author=ntoodeep link=topic=87281.msg1043865#msg1043865 date=1314628337]

2007 4-7 (4-1)
2008 10-1 (5-0)
2009 10-2 (5-0)
2010 2-8 (2-4)
2011 ???

Good Luck Clayton
[/quote]

Maples has turned this team around this year, this is not the same team as last year, I guarantee no one team including Coldsprings will run threw Cleveland like everyone is thinking, not only does this team have big talent this year you also have a group of kids whom has grown up together and can read what the other one is thinking, they arent playing as individuals anymore there playing as a team finally, that is something we lacked in the last 2 years, and I promise it makes a HUGE difference come game time. Coldsprings probably will take first but I promise Cleveland will be right behind them.... Good luck to all of our teams in district play..
[/quote]

who's the major talent? i seen one guy that seems to be pretty good after looking over the stat sheets but stats are just numers.. so maybe there's more there..?

Guest trigger21
[quote name="dodiej" post="1044513" timestamp="1314676795"]
[quote author=trigger21 link=topic=87281.msg1044434#msg1044434 date=1314671593]
Ctown I could see that bc y'all always have speed and hope y'all beat Silsbee.
[/quote]

speed doesn't translate into wins.. takes a lot more..
[/quote]

Thank you insight oh WISE one. Why dont you have a whistle around your neck instead of a cowbell?

Well Huffman won but if Kashmeer could have caught the ball we could have been blown out. I thank Huffman has alot of potenial but has along way to go and the recievers have to learn to catch. thank god the QB and D. grey kept us in it
How did the other 3a teams play.

Guest beechnut
If either Gray or qb Townly sp get hurt Huffman is toast. They are young and will improve and I do like the kicker and MLB for Huffman. The DBS for Huffman better improve or they will jacked up when they play Liberty. Plus a couple of the DBS Need act like they have been there before. After you make a good play remember your not Jack Tatum or made the play of the year. Going to be a fun year.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1048565" timestamp="1315068409"]
If either Gray or qb Townly sp get hurt Huffman is toast. They are young and will improve and I do like the kicker and MLB for Huffman. The DBS for Huffman better improve or they will jacked up when they play Liberty. Plus a couple of the DBS Need act like they have been there before. After you make a good play remember your not Jack Tatum or made the play of the year. Going to be a fun year.
[/quote]
Well If what your saying is true, they only have 2 players? Huntington was obviously not near as good as Huffman, but they did have 2 very good athletes at QB and RB and got beat 40-0 by Liberty so if Huffman plans on beating Cleveland and Liberty this season someone else is going to have to step it up.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1048668" timestamp="1315077827"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87281.msg1048565#msg1048565 date=1315068409]
[/quote]
Well If what your saying is true, they only have 2 players? Huntington was obviously not near as good as Huffman, but they did have 2 very good athletes at QB and RB and got beat 40-0 by Liberty so if Huffman plans on beating Cleveland and Liberty this season someone else is going to have to step it up.
[/quote]

Dont worry Huffman will be fine. You gotta remember that the QB hasn't been there very long. He is still learning the players and offence. By week 4 we will be good to go.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1048671" timestamp="1315078116"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=87281.msg1048668#msg1048668 date=1315077827]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87281.msg1048565#msg1048565 date=1315068409]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dont worry Huffman will be fine. You gotta remember that the QB hasn't been there very long. He is still learning the players and offence. By week 4 we will be good to go.
[/quote]
Yeah that is true, I would say he is still learning the players the offense should be well learned by now, he has had all summer and 2 a days to get that down, I can't remember if the Huffman fans were saying that their O-Line or their D-Line wasn't looking so good which one?

[quote name="C-TOWN" post="1043980" timestamp="1314637809"]

2007 4-7 (4-1)
2008 10-1 (5-0)
2009 10-2 (5-0)
2010 2-8 (2-4)
2011 ???

Good Luck Clayton
[/quote]

Maples has turned this team around this year, this is not the same team as last year,[b] I guarantee no one team including Coldsprings will run threw Cleveland like everyone is thinking[/b], not only does this team have big talent this year you also have a group of kids whom has grown up together and can read what the other one is thinking, they arent playing as individuals anymore there playing as a team finally, that is something we lacked in the last 2 years, and I promise it makes a HUGE difference come game time. Coldsprings probably will take first but I promise Cleveland will be right behind them.... Good luck to all of our teams in district play..
[/quote]

I know of "one team" who just ran through Cleveland to a sum of 321 yards rushing, 453 total yards, limiting Cleveland to just 173 total yards and beating them 42-14. ;D

With Tarkington losing to Hardin, Splendora losing to H.J and Shepherd losing to Woodville that should pretty much tell you right now that those 3 teams are out of the picture, I wont count Cleveland out because they are still a very physical and athletic team and they lost to a team who was a lot better then the other 3 teams lost to, I won't make a prediction on the Huffman vs Cleveland game until we get closer to action. Liberty had back to back shut outs, and Coldspring is still Coldspring.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="SetX6" post="1048676" timestamp="1315078566"]
With Tarkington losing to Hardin, Splendora losing to H.J and Shepherd losing to Woodville that should pretty much tell you right now that those 3 teams are out of the picture, I wont count Cleveland out because they are still a very physical and athletic team and they lost to a team who was a lot better then the other 3 teams lost to, I won't make a prediction on the Huffman vs Cleveland game until we get closer to action. Liberty had back to back shut outs, and Coldspring is still Coldspring.
[/quote]

With you but look who Liberty played? Then you guys are playing Porter? I think that is getting fat and not making your team any better.  Not to say Huffman had it any easier but I saw them last night and they will have to work on some things to compete.  Right now I would say Coldspring, Liberty and Huffman or Cleveland. Will see what Huffman has next Saturday when they play Kpark. I like the qb from Liberty and think if he gets on a roll he will lite Huffman up if they cannot cover the pass any better than they did last night. Not so sure that Liberty can stop the  Gray and Townly kid for Huffman either. Huffman has a pretty potent sp offense if they can cut down on the dump penalites sp and turnovers. Going to be fun.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1048679" timestamp="1315078958"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=87281.msg1048676#msg1048676 date=1315078566]
[/quote]

With you but look who Liberty played? Then you guys are playing Porter? I think that is getting fat and not making your team any better.  Not to say Huffman had it any easier but I saw them last night and they will have to work on some things to compete.  Right now I would say Coldspring, Liberty and Huffman or Cleveland. Will see what Huffman has next Saturday when they play Kpark. I like the qb from Liberty and think if he gets on a roll he will lite Huffman up if they cannot cover the pass any better than they did last night. Not so sure that Liberty can stop the  Gray and Townly kid for Huffman either. Huffman has a pretty potent sp offense if they can cut down on the dump penalites sp and turnovers. Going to be fun.
[/quote]
All I said about Liberty was that they had back to back shut outs, didn't say there wasn't any room for improvement. The fact that Liberty shut out Huntington without their starting Linebacker and 2 starting corners and shut out Hardin with the same situation except they had one of those corners for a half is impressive. The good thing for Liberty is that 6 different corner backs are getting work in due to injuries and its even better that one starter returns this week and the other possibly the next. So when it comes time to play Huffman, a passing team, they will have all the starters back in the lineup with back-ups that have experience against passing teams (Hardin and Porter).

Guest beechnut
I know Kashmere is not all that but Huffman their speed with a few exceptions. They do a decent job and keeping the sweeps in check and from letting the big play hurt them. Kashmere had some fast kids but turnovers killed them plus their coaching lacks.

Huffman as work to do. Too many dropped balls the first two games. Offensive line was going to be an issue, but seem to have the kinks straightened out. QB looks good and will only get better. DEFENSE WILL HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH. They will contain and not give up a big play. Dropped balls from the opponents is fear of getting their bells rung. D gave up couple hundred yards each game and contained a very athletic QB from Kashmere. Look for Huffman to handle a good K Park team which will be a great test. It will be Cold SPrings and Huffman 1 and 2. Liberty and Cleveland for 3-4.

[quote name="trigger21" post="1044880" timestamp="1314726277"]
[quote author=dodiej link=topic=87281.msg1044513#msg1044513 date=1314676795]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you insight oh WISE one. Why dont you have a whistle around your neck instead of a cowbell?
[/quote]

same reason u have a 2nd a-hole on your face i suppose..

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1048675" timestamp="1315078437"]
[quote author=C-TOWN link=topic=87281.msg1043980#msg1043980 date=1314637809]

2007 4-7 (4-1)
2008 10-1 (5-0)
2009 10-2 (5-0)
2010 2-8 (2-4)
2011 ???

Good Luck Clayton
[/quote]

Maples has turned this team around this year, this is not the same team as last year,[b] I guarantee no one team including Coldsprings will run threw Cleveland like everyone is thinking[/b], not only does this team have big talent this year you also have a group of kids whom has grown up together and can read what the other one is thinking, they arent playing as individuals anymore there playing as a team finally, that is something we lacked in the last 2 years, and I promise it makes a HUGE difference come game time. Coldsprings probably will take first but I promise Cleveland will be right behind them.... Good luck to all of our teams in district play..
[/quote]

I know of "one team" who just ran through Cleveland to a sum of 321 yards rushing, 453 total yards, limiting Cleveland to just 173 total yards and beating them 42-14. ;D
[/quote]

haha! crushing credibility he never had..

Guest beechnut
[quote name="dreski" post="1050605" timestamp="1315328166"]
[quote author=trigger21 link=topic=87281.msg1044880#msg1044880 date=1314726277]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought they put you out of your misery ski? Is that all you got?

[quote name="beechnut" post="1050890" timestamp="1315346833"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=87281.msg1050605#msg1050605 date=1315328166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i apologize for not putting much effort into being an internet gangsta.. i'm the type that'd just meet and settle it if it were that big of a prob.. not gonna get into a elementary shouting match with any of you.. you're the same guy that dms ppl right? so what is this, when homos attack? find someone else to bother cuz im not interested either.. i'd ratha talk about football than the nxt man.. you should consider doing the same.. beechnut.. sucker..

[quote name="dreski" post="1050910" timestamp="1315350201"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=87281.msg1050890#msg1050890 date=1315346833]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=87281.msg1050605#msg1050605 date=1315328166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i apologize for not putting much effort into being an internet gangsta.. i'm the type that'd just meet and settle it if it were that big of a prob.. not gonna get into a elementary shouting match with any of you.. you're the same guy that dms ppl right? so what is this, when homos attack? find someone else to bother cuz im not interested either.. i'd ratha talk about football than the nxt man.. you should consider doing the same.. beechnut.. sucker..
[/quote]

Hmmm wasn't it stuff like that, that got you banned the first time? And after you said you had grown up and were different. I guess not.

naw, it was tellin ppl to kill themselves.. lol. if u knew how this guy stalked me an others on these forums you would know y i handle him the way i do.. im over here laughin.. if callin a guy who stalks other guys homo is childish in your eyes then so be it.. way to still be on my case yourself tho. at least you don't see gay while doing it tho.. anywho, if it pleases the board id like to get back to football and stop with all the off topic personal insults but aye.. if they're thrown my way i def. will throw back to an extent.. as far as being banned.. dude, do u really think that caused me to loose even a second of my sleep.. lol really?

[quote name="dreski" post="1050967" timestamp="1315355696"]
naw, it was tellin ppl to kill themselves.. lol. if u knew how this guy stalked me an others on these forums you would know y i handle him the way i do.. im over here laughin.. if callin a guy who stalks other guys homo is childish in your eyes then so be it.. way to still be on my case yourself tho. at least you don't see gay while doing it tho.. anywho, if it pleases the board id like to get back to football and stop with all the off topic personal insults but aye.. if they're thrown my way i def. will throw back to an extent.. as far as being banned.. dude, do u really think that caused me to loose even a second of my sleep.. lol really?
[/quote]

Yes, I believe you were suicidal over being banned. ;)

[quote name="dreski" post="1050967" timestamp="1315355696"]
[/quote]

If it's not you representing Liberty like this, there's another putting the team on a pedestal for beating one of the worst 2A teams then one of the worst 3A teams. Can we all agree to stop talking about Liberty until they beat anyone that surprises people? If you beat Porter, who should be closer to you, then go ahead and hype it up for Huffman.

Until then leave it alone so we can enjoy the things that should be talked about on this site. You don't hear everyone from Hamshire going crazy about destroying Splendora and starting as many threads as possible, because they knew things could change the next week.

People like you make others root against great kids like Fitz and Jones!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder