Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. West Orange-Stark Scrimmage Thread/Comments

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="1034534" timestamp="1313200180"]
Down by 7,14-7 @ the half. All of our mess ups are our fault nothing there doing.
[/quote]

You mean that LCM did absolutely nothing in taking advantage of WOS mistakes?  How'd LCM score their points then?

[quote name="LCM76" post="1034551" timestamp="1313201340"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=86612.msg1034534#msg1034534 date=1313200180]
Down by 7,14-7 @ the half. All of our mess ups are our fault nothing there doing.
[/quote]

You mean that LCM did absolutely nothing in taking advantage of WOS mistakes?  How'd LCM score their points then?

[/quote]

I think he posted on the wrong thread.  That was a post for the Dayton-Spring scrimmage.

LC-M freshman looked a little behind WO-S. There were some bright spots on defense, but offense needs work. O-line was porous and snaps were flying everywhere. There were a lot of dropped  passes as well. WO-S scored 2 LC-M 0. JV looks fairly even with the edge to W-S. The RB stood out to me. LC-M played well as a team and got some good penetration from the D-line. WO-S scored 2 LC-M 1. Both varsity teams looks pretty good for the time I was there. Both RB's are fast. There isn't much drop off in offensive firepower for LC-M. Casey Viator looked good at QB. The receiving corps has nice height. O-line could use some improvement. On defensive both teams swarmed to the ball. All the DB's looked alright in coverage. Bears D was decent up front minus several big runs. Mustangs new offense looks like it's coming together. Their QB can sling it. He overthrew on a lot of his receivers. LC-M scored 2 WO-S 2 when I left

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1034554" timestamp="1313201462"]
[quote author=LCM76 link=topic=86612.msg1034551#msg1034551 date=1313201340]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=86612.msg1034534#msg1034534 date=1313200180]
[/quote]

You mean that LCM did absolutely nothing in taking advantage of WOS mistakes?  How'd LCM score their points then?

[/quote]

I think he posted on the wrong thread.  That was a post for the Dayton-Spring scrimmage.

[/quote]

My bad then.  I was wondering why a Bronco would be posting about a Mustang game.  Just a horse of a different color I guess.

wos won the game half they played 6-0. Our defense played well in the game situation picking off 2 passes. Our offense was ok for who we had. We didnt play our started running back lindsey at all tonight nor did justin thomas play at all. LCM showed a nice passing game at times and had a nice run by cezar early on in the practice form. Both teams looked pretty good for the first scrimmage. The mustang offense is working on alot of new things with the new offense. But will get better every week and be totally different with lindsey in the backfield.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1034611" timestamp="1313205972"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=86612.msg1034608#msg1034608 date=1313205848]
Why did Lindsey and Thomas not play?
[/quote]

That's what I would like to know. Hope it isn't injuries.
[/quote]Nothing major more precautionary than anything.

[quote name="77" post="1034623" timestamp="1313207192"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86612.msg1034611#msg1034611 date=1313205972]
[quote author=griff link=topic=86612.msg1034608#msg1034608 date=1313205848]
Why did Lindsey and Thomas not play?
[/quote]

That's what I would like to know. Hope it isn't injuries.
[/quote]Nothing major more precautionary than anything.
[/quote]

That is what I understand as well Griff. Jacquis Beasley was held out as a precaution as well. None of them have anything major and will probably play next week from what I hear.

[quote name="77" post="1034625" timestamp="1313207350"]
#10 Hayden Reed for LCM is a stud, moved him all over the field on defense they had trouble blocking him. For the first scrimmage I think both teams looked very sharp.
[/quote]

That kid's gonna sleep well tonight. He didn't come off of the field much.

Yea, Justin, Britton and one of there other key players didn't dress out. Don't know why. Both teams looked pretty good. I think WO-s look its best when they are in the pistol formation and of course, the times they ran out of the spread. The I formation, they are behind in that area. Colin Janice and Quinton Tezeno ran really well at running back. The Rhodes kid looked really good at back up QB. He actually looked better than Salter the starter. It's hard to evaluate this scrimmage because it wasn't a game condition scrimmage for four quarters. In the two quarters of game type situation that they played, WO-s pretty much dominated defensively. I think LCM had one first down. LCM back up QB is really good, their line is huge. They had twice as many players as WO-S so there shouldn't be any reason with LCm size that they aren't dominating teams.

One more thing, #10 Haden Reed for LCM is a very good player. He will make a lot of plays this year. Colin Janice #21 for WO-S did get hurt late in the game. It looked like a cramp from where I was sitting, but I'm not sure about that. I don't like the I formation, particularly against a big defensive line. We had some success running it, but as I said before we looked better running the pistol and the spread last night. All I can say is WO-s fans don't come to the games expecting the excitement on offense that we are use to. Many people looked bored out their minds last night and didn't like the I at all. If it works and we go to state with it, that will make people happy, but it's not exciting to watch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics