Whats going on in Kountze???

[quote name="dawggoneit" post="1024301" timestamp="1310578480"]
I hear Splendora or Tomball is where the new AD will be coming from !  Funny same place the New Super is from ! Isn't that interesting.  And I am sure he will make more money than the current AD made just as the new super is making more than the Super who just retired and had been with the district for 25 years. What a joke, they tell the people they are doing this to save money to put more in the classrooms. Ha Ha ! As far as what Coach Colton said...... Well Said Coach ! I am glad someone finally decided to step up and speak for these kids ! Not once did anyone on that board consider what they have done to the Senior boys final year. Not once did they go sit down with their athletes and ask them one question.  Now they get to start a whole new program that was starting to take hold.  As usual, we just can't give anything time.  There is never any consistency in this school district due to parental involvement.  I am not talking about the good kind of involvement folks, I am talking about involvement in the sports programs that is detrimental to a sports program.  Hey if your kid doesn't start..... maybe he shouldn't start.  It is time to grow up and quit playing with this little league mentality.  Which is every kid plays and every kid gets a trophy.  That is not how life is and trust me Daddy isn't going to come save your jobs when you grow up.  Well,  unless you work for him.   Guys if you think you can do better go get your degree and get out and be a coach !!  I can't wait to see how the new AD reacts to these parents who think they know more about the game then the coaches do!  I hope he has thick skin because this town has a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks who are still living out their dreams through their kids.  Let these coaches coach these kids and stay out of it !!
Also, on a side note....... the board continues to lie to the public about why Stewart left ! You really think he left for more money ?  Really an Assistant in Lumberton makes more than the head coach in Kountze ? The man left because he was afraid he was going to loose his job and he clearly stated in the paper that the Super could not give him an answer as to whether or not he had a job ! Now if you have a wife and kids aren't you going to leave ? I know I would, my family always comes first. Perhaps this new board who is for change should work on some educational issues.  After all, I don't care if we win district in every sport, if your kids can't score high enough on their SAT to get in a decent college than it is all useless.  Small Town politics aren't they the greatest ? ::)
[/quote]

Take a breath.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dawggoneit" post="1024313" timestamp="1310580718"]
Sorry but it is hard to breathe when this concerns your child.  Third coach for my child since he has been in the program.  Bottom line is even when we have a good coach they manage to run them off. 
[/quote]

I understand.

Good luck to you guys over there.

[quote name="dawggoneit" post="1024301" timestamp="1310578480"]
I hear Splendora or Tomball is where the new AD will be coming from !  Funny same place the New Super is from ! Isn't that interesting.  And I am sure he will make more money than the current AD made just as the new super is making more than the Super who just retired and had been with the district for 25 years. What a joke, they tell the people they are doing this to save money to put more in the classrooms. Ha Ha ! As far as what Coach Colton said...... Well Said Coach ! I am glad someone finally decided to step up and speak for these kids ! Not once did anyone on that board consider what they have done to the Senior boys final year. Not once did they go sit down with their athletes and ask them one question.  Now they get to start a whole new program that was starting to take hold.  As usual, we just can't give anything time.  There is never any consistency in this school district due to parental involvement.  I am not talking about the good kind of involvement folks, I am talking about involvement in the sports programs that is detrimental to a sports program.  Hey if your kid doesn't start..... maybe he shouldn't start.  It is time to grow up and quit playing with this little league mentality.  Which is every kid plays and every kid gets a trophy.  That is not how life is and trust me Daddy isn't going to come save your jobs when you grow up.  Well,  unless you work for him.   Guys if you think you can do better go get your degree and get out and be a coach !!  I can't wait to see how the new AD reacts to these parents who think they know more about the game then the coaches do!  I hope he has thick skin because this town has a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks who are still living out their dreams through their kids.  Let these coaches coach these kids and stay out of it !!
Also, on a side note....... the board continues to lie to the public about why Stewart left ! You really think he left for more money ?  Really an Assistant in Lumberton makes more than the head coach in Kountze ? The man left because he was afraid he was going to loose his job and he clearly stated in the paper that the Super could not give him an answer as to whether or not he had a job ! Now if you have a wife and kids aren't you going to leave ? I know I would, my family always comes first. Perhaps this new board who is for change should work on some educational issues.  After all, I don't care if we win district in every sport, if your kids can't score high enough on their SAT to get in a decent college than it is all useless.  Small Town politics aren't they the greatest ? ::)
[/quote]tell 'em.  :o :o

[quote name="cattail" post="1024277" timestamp="1310573402"]
UTFan, arent you the same guy that goes up to the school and gives those football kids devotionals? Talk about a double edge sword. Try living the things you are preaching.
[/quote]
actually no that's not me so don't you feel stupid... get ur facts straight before u call someone out on a message board:-)

Coach Colton, thanks for having the courage to take a stand.  Your comments are right on target.  Anyone who has been on the inside of a  similar situation knows you speak to the heart of the matter.

Dawggoneit, as a community member and a parent keep this in mind: your board members hired your superintendent.  Maybe this superintendent is trying to provide some stability to a consistently unstable AD/head coach position.  If this job is simply a stepping stone for the supt. and he is bringing in a person he knows well, then your board members will have to see this move for what it is and express their concerns to him in closed session.  Their votes on personnel decisions matter.  Finally, always remember that board members are elected.

Aggie, take it easy.  Dawggone's comments were from the heart, not a rant. 

Oh believe me I understand how it works !!  I do not miss any election.  I research my candidates and see what they stand for and vote accordingly.  And maybe one day it will be better here for football but that again does not fix the level of education these kids are getting.  Truthfully I doubt Kountze will ever be a football powerhouse.  Our problems are a lot deeper than just an AD !!  The kids who do play and bust their butts can't count on their fellow team mates to be there.  Either they can't pass, or can't stay out of trouble, or they just decided they don't want to play !!  That my friends comes from the parents !!!!  Thanks for your support though I appreciate you understanding where some of us are coming from.

Wow how does that song go "Shut up an dance".  Thats what happend when the Raiders turned it around from their Many years of loosing to making state playoff runs. Kountze is no different than any other school and with the right coaching an support they will start having success! 5-15 is NOT success so come Kountze get honest about your situation.  Everyone who I have talked to around down here in the area has really good thiings to say bout your new Sup..  BTW where was the ranting when you made a trainer your AD? my gosh Kountze. Let your admin make there move an support them for that. Your kids can get better than 1 district win last year. Let me gues that wouldnt make you happy either. Are some of you the problem? Good luck Kountze.

UTFan, I don't feel stupid at all. The kids know who you are and don't think they don't get on this message board and read your comments. Your the one that has to live with that and face those kids. And this is my last comment to you, I am not going to badger back and forth with you on this board. I just want the adults in this situation to actually take into consideration who matters the most and the is the students at Kountze High School.

Good points, fun run.  I do not know who the new supt. is, but I will have to assume he wants to do well and keep the kids' best interests first.  That said, the points made about lack of consistency in the HC position are legit.  That position being a revolving door every 2-3 seasons is as big of a problem as having to play Newton on the football field every fall. 

Rog, point taken..  my cousin was here when you posted that and agreed. but when was the last time a HC came to Kountze and brought a staff with him?  You cant hire a HC without him selection asst. coaches.  Past Kountze admins didnt make fball a priortiy and thats why it is poor.  No school with a admin that doesnt want fball to be priortiy will loose. period. thats whats wrong with it..  just my opinion.

This is an unfortunate situation for the coaches in Kountze. They feel wronged right now and feelings are hurt. I personally don't agree with what happened or how it happened.They will get over this pain and indignation and realize that it is in their best interest.  There are much better places to work. These are good people. They will realize a better future and be blessed and be a blessing to somebody else down the road.
The new coaches that come here need to be supported. None of what happened here is their fault. They will try to build a program and get the kids to believe in it. The community needs to learn how to be supportive. There will be individuals in this community that will not agree with the new coach and how he does things. Don't let a few ignorant people with uninformed opinions speak for the whole community. Have you noticed T.V. crews always interview the dumbest people in town after the tornado to get the most colorful soundbites. Also, consider every kid involved in the program and not just your own.
I am going to support the new coaches in Kountze because what has happened cannot be reversed. To me the kids as a whole come first and we need to make it the best for them. We can only move forward.  I have posted on this forum with my name attached. To the people in the shadows in our community and the pot (insert bad word) stirrers on this message board who remain anonymous I recommend you come out of the closet. Stand and be recognized or stand opposed.  
sincerely,    Paul Colton

Cattail u ain't gotta badger with me back and forth on here ill gladly give u my number just so you can see I'm not who you claim I am.. and if kids do read my post they would see that I support kountze athletics more than anyone on the entire board!!

What with the stand up and closet garbage folks.. Do any of you tell everyone how you vote etc.. get real. This is a forun to give your opinion publicly and sometimes people learn from it on both sides of an issues. you will all be better in time and I am sure your kids will be.

I'm sorry your are offended by my suggestions that people should chose a path of openess and honesty. Voting is a right of citizenship. To have a secret voice that gives opinion and sways opinion against other humans and their job performance is subversive. It also affects innocent bystanders like students. I respect everyones opinion, just like to know what stake a person has in the issues.

sincerely,
Paul Colton

You know there is alot of talk about, lets stand behind the kids and people in Kountze need to not welcome change and some would say this is what is what is wrong with our program. The thing is in any other job whatever it may be if you don't Produce you don't stay!! bottom line. To somes comment about it being a blessing somewhere else and you would probably be welcome then GO check out the greener grass. It really is a shame how things have worked out but we have to rally these kids and make them believe they can win no matter what. I do agree with another comment yes these kids need to have grades to further themselves, but please don't use these kids as your leaing post stand up and be judged and ask yourself if you had to evaluate yourself on stats would you keep you.

Would anyone like to step up and put their job performance evaluations out in public? Or be judged by the public and crucified on a message board. "Produce or your gone in the real world" scenarios.

BTW  Go back and read the posts carefully

Sincerely,
Paul Colton

Pine Island,

A "produce or your gone" mentality does not always work in high school football.  As always, it depends on the individual.  If most districts went by your line of thought, Coach Neumann at Nederland would have already been dismissed.  Sure, he has a lot of great seasons.  There have been a couple that were not as good as most fans would have wanted.  Still, he is a fine person, a great example for the kids, and he has been given the time to build a program.

At Kountze, there is no program.  No coach has been given the time to develop one.  You may have a coach that will use Kountze as a stepping stone.  That's OK.  In most cases, he can not leave until he has been winning.  If someone can come in and do that and turn the keys over to a competent coach who can keep a good thing going, that is great.  Now, you have a program.  It takes the right person, a school administration who will support the coach, some financial resources, and plenty of patience to build a program.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1024540" timestamp="1310621480"]
Pine Island,

A "produce or your gone" mentality does not always work in high school football.  As always, it depends on the individual.  If most districts went by your line of thought, Coach Neumann at Nederland would have already been dismissed.  Sure, he has a lot of great seasons.  There have been a couple that were not as good as most fans would have wanted.  Still, he is a fine person, a great example for the kids, and he has been given the time to build a program.

At Kountze, there is no program.  No coach has been given the time to develop one.  You may have a coach that will use Kountze as a stepping stone.  That's OK.  In most cases, he can not leave until he has been winning.  If someone can come in and do that and turn the keys over to a competent coach who can keep a good thing going, that is great.  Now, you have a program.  It takes the right person, a school administration who will support the coach, some financial resources, and plenty of patience to build a program.

[/quote]

Well said.  :)

Rodger I'm having a time trying to decide if you agree are disagree! You brought up coach Neumann he has had great seasons therefore it is in him to win and the people of Nederland know this so why would they get rid of him. The problem here is Kountze has brought in the past coaches without this luxury (Winning) the programs they have left have not been the benifactor of such seasons as Neumann. But to look forward i do agree with one point you have and that is the HC should be able to bring his own staff people he knows and trust. Now back to the produce are go. That is real world!! bottom line and how many schools do you no that use the good ole boy system.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124